Retreat

Retreat (Her) -[Micro tales series] ©
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin was standing on the gates of the large mansion in front of him, with the vast stretch of meadows it looked like a royal palace and maybe it was right after all he was there to take his princess away.

"is this the right address you gave me," he asked in a cold voice to the person on the other side of the line.

"Yes bujangnim, its the address where you can find that girl."

"Remember one thing-, if this is wrong address, then you have to pay for it with your job," he said in his usual aloof voice which would have brought shivers down the spine of that employee.

He entered the manor and was welcomed by a bunch of people who were enjoying the get-together party there, he thanked God for his decision of wearing formal attire.

He passed the crowd in search of Yoo Jung, also asking some people by showing her photo to them, only to avail negative responses, much to his dismay.He was about to give up when he tried his last chance of asking a girl who seemed quite well acquainted with everybody.

"Excuse me, can you tell me, where can I find this person, please it's quite urgent."

"yes I know her ." she couldn't help but squint her eyes on this person in front of her after all she was Liza, Yoo Jung's best friend and anybody asking about her friend like this would be suspicious of her for sure.

"oh jinjja, can you tell me where can I find her, its really important to meet her, if..." he said in the same sense of urgency but Liza couldn't deny the fact that he was a stranger.

"whoa., whoa..calm down and who are you to meet her,?" she said in a bossy tone.

"Park Jimin imnida .."jimin said and liza's eyes flew open, she has heard about him from different sources and it was definitely anything but not good.

"hey miss, where you at, can you please tell me about her??" he begged.

"yes, come with me, I will take you to her," Liza said him to follow even though she knew the result while Jimin followed her with an eye smile adorning his face.

Liza took him to the backyard garden of the mansion which was breathtakingly decorated with colors and theme of love.It looked like as if someone has tried his best to bring all the beauty of love in that space.

Jimin was still looking around for her when Liza dragged him into the crowd that was standing in a circle around someone, everybody was raining the girl with flowers who was standing in middle obviously shocked as well as happy at the special ceremony for her, while the crowd started shouting  something about the happy anniversary and what not, but Jimin's that could not  focus there as his eyes were still looking for  Yoo Jung.

"Looks like somebody planned a surprise anniversary..." he thought and huffed.

"look ma'am I don't have time to see all this, please..."he stopped midway when he noticed that someone standing in the middle of the circle, someone who looked familiar, it took him some seconds to recognize her , she was HER, his girl clad in a ball gown, standing there taking his breath away unknowingly. he could now understand why nobody was able to identify her, she for sure looked different from the dorky nerd she used to be, the girl who fell in love with him and for whom he fell for.

He could himself falling for her all over again but  fear overtook him from several 'what if's' on his mind- like what if she wasn't able to recognize him , what if she has forgotten him, what if she doesn't want to see his face, what if she hasn't forgiven him yet, what if she slaps him but comes in his embraces while throwing him with abuses for leaving her.

This last thought gave him some courage to go in front of her and confess without thinking about anything, but as soon as he stepped forward he saw her whirling her neck towards someone and the crowd erupted with a cheer of "Jackson." and "good luck's".

It wasn't usual to see Jimin angry but today his blood was boiling as watching her in somebody else's embrace was not at his limit, it was something beyond it.

"Jackson, what's all this and did...did you planned all of this!!! "she with a smile while detaching herself from him.

"Why ...cant I surprise a small surprise anniversary for my girlfriend," he said playfully while Yoo Jung could only blush in response.

The world stopped for him for a second when he heard it, never in his mind, he has thought of Yoo Jung as someone's else and here he was listening that she was someone's partner

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter