First Meeting

The Star's Dream

I reached out my hand to the guy smiling awkwardly at me. He took my hand and shook it. I knew right then and there that the five years of waiting is all worth it. He sat beside me while his manager sat beside mine. 

Producer: "How's the flight?"

"I'm glad that it landed on time or else I'll be wasting your time" he tried to cheerfully answer.

Mr. Park (his manager): "Thank you for offering to reschedule the session. I would have happily accepted it but this young man says that he don't want to mess up the schedule."

Director: "Now that's acting beyond his years. I am glad that you were recommended by Moonbyul and her president." 

He bowed and thanked us.

Writer: "Well now that I see you two in person, I totally agree that the movie will be eye catching but what we need to ensure is that you guys will have a love team's chemistry."

Rinko (Moonbyul's manager): "I second that motion. Why not you two go out and buy us some coffee and get to know each other before we start the script reading?"

He nodded, immediately stood up and opened the door for me. Once outside...

He heaved a sigh of relief "Thank goodness. I was a bit nervous since I just arrived. If we were to told to start immediately, I might have mess up" he jokingly say as we walk the path to reach the coffee shop.

Looking at him, I finally understood the butterflies in my stomach since this morning. I'm glad to have met him again. You see, I meet him 5 years ago. We were in Japan back then. My friend, Miaka gave me the concert ticket of BTOB as my 23rd birthday present. 

At the meet and greet, I told him that its my wish to see my dad living comfortably with no worries about his finances so he wrote on my poster "I hope that all your dreams come true." Since then, he became my ideal man.

"I am glad as well that they gave us some time to be able to talk with each other first".

He suddenly halt and sat down on the bench near the cherry blossom tree. " I want to express how happy I was when Mr. Park told me that I was short listed to be your leading man but I think it be would be too embarrasing to see." He signalled me to sit down as well. "You know that this will be my first acting gig right?"

I nodded. "Why are you bringing that up?"

He looked at me sersously. "Why would you and your company trust a newbie with this huge project?"

I smiled. "Have you seen my shampoo commercial?"

"Yes of course. I heard the sales of that item blew up after your ad."

I gazed up to look at the falling autumn leaves of the tree. " I only did that commercial because I could not land any gig. I felt pressured. The company had spent so much in training me for the past 4 years yet all my auditions failed."

He was surprised with my revelation.

"I was at the verge of giving up but my president told me that as long as he and my family believes in me, I could do anything. The president of the shampoo company also told me that its his last attempt to increase the sales or they'll be bankrupt."

I unkownly catch a falling leaf.

"Even if the talent fee is just equivalent to my 2 month's pay check, we accepted the project. I did more than my 100%. I tried to outdone myself not for me but for the people that stayed by my side through my downs. And that is how I entered this industry."

I turned to him and gave him the leaf.

"So begginer or not, just believe in yourself and to the people who trusted you and I'm sure you will absolutely succeed Hyunsik."

He accepted the leaf and smiled " I'm glad to have met you."

"Me too"

Back at the meeting room...

Director: "Well it seems that they are really trying to build some chemistry hahaha"

They all laughed.

Producer: "Hopefully once Hyunsik returns he'll be able to relax. It would be sad if he won't get the job."

Writer: "Producer nim, please not worry. We specifically wrote this screen play for those two."

Mr. Park: "Huh? I thought you let the two out so they can build some chemistry?"

Rinko: "Oh, that is just an excuse. He looks so worried when you guys came in so I just let him get some air."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 months ago...

Mr. Park: "Eunkwang, where is Hyunsik?"

Eunkwang: "Oh he is at the studio."

Minhyuk: "Why are you looking for him?"

Mr. Park: "It seems that a japanese actress that will be debuting here wants to work with him."

When the other members heard that they all flock towards the manager.

Ilhoon: "Whose the crazy actress hehehe?"

Minhyuk: "Surely she is crazy if she wants to debut here with newbie actor."

Mr. Park: "She is a fan of you guys."

Sungjae: "Maybe she doesn't know that Minhyuk and me already have acting experience."

Changsub: " Name the crazy girl hehehe"

Mr. Park: " You guys are just watching her movie while we are at the plane back from Japan."

Peniel: " Are you talking about Moonbyul?"

Mr. Park: " Yes she is the one."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 hours before the meeting...

Eunkwang: " Goodluck Hyunsik!"

Minhyuk: "Just read it like we practised."

Changsub: "Tell her if she is not satisfied with you that I'd be happy to replace you hahaha."

Hyunsik: "You are not helping at all Changsub hehehe. Well if I didn't make the cut be ready to console me guys."

Peniel: " We will prepare the soju for you hehehe."

Ilhoon: "If you fail ask them if you can just produce the OST hehehe."

Sungjae: "Dont listen to them. I think you can do it hyung."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 hours after the script reading session...

"Am I on loud speaker?"

"Yes you are. Hurry is she beautiful?"

Hyunsik smiled. "Yes she is absolutely beautiful."

"Send us a photo hurry!!!"

"Won't you be asking me guys if I got the role?"

"After you send the photo we'll listen to what you got to say hehehe"

Hyunsik sent their photo to the group chat.

"Omo omo omo... Are you using filter again?"

"Huh? hahaha nope she is just that pretty in person."

"I want to meet her! Will you see her again?"

"Umm... "