MNSPLS: Chapter Two

My Not-so Perfect Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter two

* * *

Dara's POV

"Since we're on this whole Donghae issue right now.. Have you heard anything from him since the breakup?" Bom asked as she settles herself on the couch. She just came from the kitchen with a canned corn on her left hand and a spoon on her right. Good thing I always have a full stock or else I wouldn't be hearing the end of it.

"He'd called me a few time but I just let it go to voicemail. I'm still mad at him." I exclaimed bitterly.

"Okay. I guess that's good.. or not. I'm not really sure. You know what Dara, I really think that you should meet up with Hae. You know, to put everything behind you and get some closure. I mean, Hae is dating.."

My head flew hastily towards her direction when I heard the word 'dating'. That son of a b*tch is what? We broke up for a week ago and he is already dating? Clutching my nightgown with frustration, I let out a loud groan.

"He is what?" I heave.

"Yeah. I..I thought you knew." Bom uttered.

"Does this face says otherwise? Of course, I didn't know. Who is he?" Why does it feel like I somehow know who he is dating? 

Bom stares at me and I urges her to talk. "Come on! Spit it out!" I exclaimed.

"Eunhyuk!" She immediately put both of her hands in , as if guilty of having to provide a very valuable information. Which she actually did. Eunhyuk, huh. So my ex-fiance is dating my cousin. Well, he is not exactly my real cousin since he's my step-father's sister's son, but he's still family and we practically grew up together.

"How long?" I asked with gritted teeth. I'm really a saint for holding my frustrations in. If I was some random chick out there then I would be on my way to his house right now, thinking about how I would wreak the whole place. "Is this why he's been so persistent? Is this the reason why he's been calling me 24/7? To ask for my blessing?" I can't believe this. Donghae and my cousin. My cousin Eunhyuk who's like a brother to me. Screw this hell-like world. What the hell is this?

"Okay, calm down. Dara, I know this is a lot to take but I really think you should get your together and figure things out with Hae." Bom places the empty can of corn on the table and scoots closer to me. She gathers me in a tight embrace and caresses my hair gently.

"I should. I really should, don't I? Oh. how the hell did I end up being in this kind of situation, Bommie?" I exclaimed in frustration.

"Everybody makes mistakes. You just happened to fall in love with a gay guy." Bom smiled and all I could do was nod my head.

"I guess. Hey, it's not a perfect world." I answered calmly.

* * *

Donghae's POV

"Have u heard anything from her yet?" Eunhyuk asked and places himself on the sofa beside me.

I shake my head in return. "I haven't heard anything." Here we go again, going for great methods just to find Dara. I've been trying to reach out to her since she walked out on me on our anniversary after confessing my deepest, darkest secret. I admit the bad guy and I admit being a jerk for causing her so much pain, but I can't put all the blame on me, right. I am just a man who happens to fall in love with someone I shouldn't have.

"Hae! We really need to talk to Dara. My conscience is killing me. And my mom isn't helping either. She's been calling me every single day just to remind me of my mistakes." Eunhyuk confessed.

I heave a sigh. I messed up. I really messed up, didn't I. "Shss. Calm down. I'm pretty sure Dara's fine. She's a strong woman. She'll talk us when she's ready. I really think we should just give her the time to breathe. This.. all of these is a lot to take." I tried to calm the man beside me. Gathering him in my arms, I caress the top of his head gently.

Being able to do this without judging stares feels so liberating in some way. I've tried to suppress this for my whole entire 25 years of existence and now that I finally can express myself and be able to hold the person I love, I don't think I can ever go back to the life I had before. To be really honest, I would've never thought of being to able to live my life like this. Free. I would've never thought of ever having the courage to open up to the world. And the person who taught me to be brave is none other than Dara. The woman I came to love.

Dara molded me into the man I am today. She taught me to be true to myself and not to care about other people's opinion. I learned a lot of things from her and without her, I would still be living in the darkness.

"I don't want her to hate me. And I don't ever want to hurt her.. ever." Eunhyuk mumbled.

Nodding my head, I tighten my hold on him. "I know. I don't want to see her in pain either and it was never my intention, to begin with." I answered.

* * *

Dara's POV

The chat I had with Bom yesterday made me see things in a different perspective. I was getting better and It does feel like I'm slowly moving on from Hae. It took me a good week to understand and accept the situation. Hey, being able to accept this weird situation within a week! Come on, I should really get an award for this. It would probably take a month or maybe even forever for a normal person to make amends with it. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I'm fine and I guess I'm ready to face the world again.

Jumping happily out off my bed, I went to my bathroom to get a quick shower. After the shower, I put on my best suit alongside with a semi-fake smile and watch myself in the mirror. I watch attentively at my reflection. Now there's the 'Dara' I use to know. Sure her smile is forged but her outer appearance is back. She not in her old granny pajamas anymore and she is sporting a rather bold lip color today, the color of blood, red. "Today is going to be a good day." I uttered to myself before leaving my apartment and heading to where my car is.

It didn't take me long to reach the office, which is actually a shame because I'm feeling a little anxious about my so-called comeback. I was feeling so confident this morning but all of that went bye-bye when I opened the door to my car and placed myself in the driver's seat.

'You little scaredy-cat. Are you sure you're ready for this? You should turn around and leave. You can't do it.' My conscience taunted.

Oh! Shut up! I'm Sandara Park, I am a fighter and a little heartbreak isn't enough to kill me. That's right Dara, tell yourself that.. or whoever it is trying to psych. Oh God! I'm going crazy.

I pulled over, parked my car and wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter