Chapter 19 (Part I)

When A Stranger Kisses You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

7:52 am, everyone was already gathered at the Seoul District Court. Mina was sitting alone in the front row on Sana’s side. The others on both sides were public people and some of them were reporters who received permission to enter the court. 

 

In front of Mina, there was a wooden bar to separate the lawyers and their clients seated places. Mina was seated right behind her best friend, Sana. 

 

Suddenly a young college girl entered the court room, panting for air. She went straight towards Mina. 

 

“Mina unnie!” 

 

The red hair girl turned around and was surprised to see Sana’s younger sister, “Krystal? How’d you get here?” 

 

“My friend sent me here” 

 

Sana heard Krystal’s name being called so she quickly turned around, “Krys!” 

 

“Hey sis!” Krystal gave a hug to Sana with the wooden bar in between them 

 

“Yah what are you doing here?” the older girl asked while returning the hug 

 

“There were rumors going on about you and the jerk going to court” 

 

“Who sent you here? What about mom?” 

 

“Amber did but she had to go somewhere else so she just dropped me here. I didn’t tell mom coz you know she won’t stay still when she’s nervous about something. I told the nurses to take care of her while I’m gone” 

 

“But Krys, don’t you have classes today? I don’t want you to miss your studies just because of me” 

 

“Come on unnie. Why would I miss this wonderful day where Mark’s a** will be kicked to jail?” 

 

“He has been in the temporary cell since last night actually” said Sana 

 

“For real? Okay now I am half excited” Krystal smiled evilly 

 

“Hey you guys I think we should be seated right now” said Mina 

 

“Unnie, I trust you. You can do this! You can escape from him, I know it” the younger girl gave an assurance smile 

 

Sana smiled at her and pulled the latter in her embrace, “Thank you for coming Krys. And I missed you so much” 

 

Later they all returned to their seats. Krystal sat beside Mina. 

 

“So I heard about this Chaeyoung guy. Where is he?” asked Krystal 

 

“His name is Son Chaeyoung. And he should be here any time now” Mina turned to look at the door 

 

Suddenly they heard footsteps coming in from the small door beside Judge’s huge table. They moved their eyes to look at the people who just entered. They saw Mark Tuan with his hand handcuffed behind him being held by a policeman. 

 

“Hi darling” Mark Tuan smirked at Sana 

 

Sana rolled her eyes, “You’re gonna have to stop calling me that, Mark” 

 

After taking his seat, Mark saw Krystal, “Look who’s here! My favourite sis-in-law” he smiled. 

 

“Disgusting” said Krystal 

 

The clock then stuck 8.00am. The bailiff stood up. 

 

“This honorable court of the Seoul District Court with the Honorable Judge Dongwan is now in session. All rise” 

 

Everyone stood up including the lawyers of Sana and Mark, Luna and Jonghyun respectively. 

 

Judge Dongwan said ,”Good morning, ladies and gentlemen” 

 

After the judge took his seat, everyone returned to their own seats. 

 

The judge resumed, “Ladies and gentlemen,  this case involves the divorcement between Sana Minatozaki and the opponent or the defender or the husband, Mark Tuan. Are both sides ready?” 

 

Luna, Sana’s lawyer, answered, “Ready, Your Honor” 

 

Jonghyun, Mark’s lawyer, said, “Ready to defense, Your Honor” 

 

The judge said, “Sana shi’s lawyer, do you wish to make an opening statement?” 

 

Luna smiled at Sana before standing up. Sana was completely nervous as this was her first time in a court room. Also, the first time to try her best to win this divorce case. She turned around and saw Mina and Krystal smiling at her. Sana moved her eyes to look amongst the rest of the people, he wasn’t there, Tzuyu was not there. 

 

Luna stood up and started the case with her opening statement, “Your Honor, as you know Mark Tuan and Minatozaki Sana tied the knots almost six months ago. But let me let the cat out of the bag here, Your Honor. Sana shi actually had no interest, no intention in marrying Mark Tuan. Their marriage was requested by Sana’s late father Mr.Minatozaki. However, her parents were mindplayed, cheated, sabotaged by him” she pointed at Mark Tuan 

 

Jonghyun stood up, “Your Honor, I don’t think now is the right time to involve the parents-” 

 

The judge cut his words, “The defender have the rights to remain silent. I will call you when it’s time” 

 

Jonghyun straightened his coat and sat. 

 

“You may proceed” said the judge to Luna 

 

Luna said, “Your Honor, this ‘couple’ which is so not a couple in their own real life, actually has been acting the whole time in front of the public” 

 

Luna went to her briefcase to take out several photos. Then she held them in her hand to show to the judge and the rest of the people in the court room. 

 

“As you can see in these photos, their arms were linked everywhere they go. To the mall, to the attended events, and even in front of their house. You can totally observe how happy Mark to have his arm linked with the priceless model but on the other side, Sana shi wasn’t. She wasn’t smiling the whole time. If she did, she just faked it. You can tell behind those fake smiles that her marriage life, was not like in those happily ever after fairy tales stories” 

 

Luna went to the desk to put down her photos. Then she went to Sana. 

 

“Your Honor, a model’s face is well-portioned from the forehead to the chin and has a flawless skin. Moreover, what else can you expect from a perfect priceless model like Sana shi? But if you may take a look at this side of her chin, there is a purplish mark. You can barely see it because of the covered make-up” 

 

“May I?” Luna asked Sana so that she can remove that side of her make-up. 

 

Sana nodded. Luna took a tissue and gently removed a little bit of the make-up off. After the powdered make-up was removed, the people held in their breaths after seeing a little bruise on her cheek. 

 

“You see, Your Honor? Who else do you think that could have done this to her? Everyone in Korea loves her. Who dares to do this to a priceless model? I would say no one except for someone who is sitting in the defender’s position, Mark Tuan” Luna turned to look at him.

“Your Honor, do you know how serious it is to act violently towards women? Moreover, the wife. Now this has lead us to the abusive husbands” 

 

Judge Dongwan nodded and asked, “Is there anything else Luna shi?” 

 

Luna smiled, “I would save the rest for later, Your Honor” 

 

“Defender, please proceed” 

 

Mark’s lawyer, Jonghyun, stood up confidently to speak. 

“Your Honor, ladies and gentlemen in the room today, under the law my client is presumed innocent until proven guilty. Thank you Luna shi for the wonderful opening statement, but Your Honor you will hear no real evidence against my client during her trial just a few seconds ago. You will come to know the truth that Mark Tuan is just a husband who is trying to make one happy family and his only dying love to Sana shi always been rejected by her. Yes it’s true about her father’s request but yet there are no evidences about those negative accusations to my client. Therefore, my client is not guilty”    Jonghyun took his seat back. Mark grinned at his professional lawyer.    Meanwhile, Mina was worried about Chaeyoung.    “Where’s Chaeyoung?” she whispered while shaking her legs    Krystal stopped her legs from shaking, “Unnie stop. Just relax”    Sana had no one else in her mind except for someone she expected him to be here.    ‘Tzuyu, please don’t leave yet’    The judge said, “The prosecution may call its first witness”    Luna stood up and turned to look at Mina, “I would like to call Myoui Mina to the witness stand please”    Sana turned and smiled at Mina while the Bailiff took Mina to the witness stand. After the red hair girl took her seat in the witness stand, Luna went to her.    Luna asked, “Mina shi, I heard that Sana shi has been staying at your place for weeks now. Is that true?”    “Yes” Mina nodded    “Firstly I would like to congratulate in your wonderful relationship with a professional photographer, Son Chaeyoung”    “Thank you” she smiled shyly    “Last weekend, you were attending your schedules. You came home together with Son Chaeyoung and surprised to see Mark Tuan in your house without your permission. Plus, you two witnessed that he was about to slap Sana shi. Is it true?”    “Yes we saw it” said Mina    “And I heard that Mark shi loves to give commands to Sana shi. Is this true?”    “Yes. Before Sana was forced to end her career, we both were attending a schedule together. Right after the event finished, Mark came to the backstage and interrupted our little celebration party by telling her to go home right that instant. Heechul the fashion designer was there too. I mean isn’t that a little bit rude and Sana deserved to have some time with her friends after a tiring day”    “Speaking about her retirement, was that her own objective?”    “At this kind of age? Not at all. I would proudly say that Mark Tuan made her to end her precious career”    “I see. That’s all Your Honor” Luna smiled.    Mina stepped out from the witness stand and returned to her seat.    The judge said, “The prosecution may call the next witness”    Luna looked around and only saw Krystal other than the rest of the public people. She knew that Krystal did not witness anything from her sister and his brother-in-law. She must wait the rest to be here.    “Your Honor, can I have your permission to proceed questioning the witnesses later after the defense has their turn?”    “You have my permission. Does the def
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter