Chapter 1

Secret Admirer

Wanna One walked past the hallway as girls started to squeal on their appearance.

They were tall, gorgeous, popular and perfect. Minhee sighed, holding her book against her chest, looking at them from afar from her locker. She wouldn't fit to anyone with her. They're too out of her league. She's skinny and awkward. Alot of her friends told her she's pretty, only if she would fix her appearance but she won't believe them. 

One from the group, Minhyun looks like he's lost like he's looking for someone until his eyes travelled to her. She don't know if her eyes were fooling her but all the time they would walked past, he would awkwardly searched for her eyes like he would glanced unintentionally. She looked away, if might just the girl behind her. It would be impossible if someone would look her way. 

They finally headed on their direction in which Minhee thank that it wasn't on her direction. She heaved a relieving sigh and proceeded on her locker. She opened her locker, only to see a milkshake inside with a note inside.

There it was again. 

She always found the same milkshake on her locker. She crumbled the note without reading it. She might have been honest, she suspect that someone was just playing prank on her that's why she never drink any of them and threw them immediately. She sighed, she already got trauma by an incident last year where someone did played a prank on her. She sighed, perks of being a wallflower, she guesses. 

-

It was the first day of second quarter of Minhee's school. Every new quarter, their school would switch classes and she would have yet again have another set of classmates. She sighed. She isn't good at meeting new people since she's quiet and awkward. Her best friend was being moved to the next class, while her remained on her current class. She sat unto her usual spot which is on the side next to the window whilst their class adviser announces their new classmates as they one by one entered the class.

She stared at the window and glanced unto the scenery. It was autumn and the school ground had an interesting color palette on it. A flower flew by the window as she catches it on her hands when suddenly the class went unto a commotion. She glanced at their adviser. There, a tall guy was next to her class adviser. Minhyun.

All of them wooed on the new appearance of their new classmate. Everyone knew him as he was one of the popular guys on the school. He shyly smiled as he scratches the back of his head. Cute.

He once again catches her eye. Awkward. She looked away and stared back on the scenery. She was pretty sure her eyes didn't fooled her this time. Minhyun had a friend on their class so he sat next to his friend on the far side of the class. She sighed. Thank goodness he didn't seat near her as she would die from heart-attack and awkwardness.

The usual class went on, their adviser introduced herself to the new students followed by a discussion right after. Finally, it was time for class dismissal. She glanced at the window and saw how heavy the cloud is. It was raining non-stop as the school ground dims for the gloomy weather. 

Their adviser finally announced dismissal as the students one by one stood up to leave. She then stood up and grabbed her pink oversized jacket. She bit her lip as she remembered she forgot her umbrella. She sighed. She won't make it on the bus stop with just her jacket. She then sighed as she fixed her stuff. 

Her stomach growled as she headed out from the classroom. She then went unto the cafeteria to buy her favorite sausage-in-stick. After so, she walked unto the school gate. She was lucky there was a waiting shed just across the gate so she can wait until the rain stops here. She opened up the package of her sausage and took a bite on it. The weather is starting to get chilly as the rain worsened even more. She raised up her hoodie to cover up her head while grabbing a bite on her sausage stick. 

She heard a noise behind her. It was a group of guys laughing while saying goodbyes to each other. Minhee felt a presence approaching on her side. Minhyun? She mumbled quietly as she wished the rain would stop pouring so that she could go and avoid this awkward incident. 

Pit pat pit pat.

Her foot stomped on the ground nervously as the rain worsened even more. She bit her lip. This won't work. And so, she raised her hoodie and took a run when suddenly someone pulled the strap of her bag, stopping her. She glanced at her back and it was Minhyun?

"You'll get drenched." He grabbed his umbrella as he took a step forward and shilded them both. 

*Things just get more awkward...*

In her mind, she was recalling how far the bus stop is while they were walking in silence. Fortunately, it wasn't that faraway but she noticed how slow-walker Minhyun is. He's much taller than her so sometimes her elbow would bump on his shoulders. How awkward.

*Please someone stop the rain!*

Finally, Minhyun spoke up, breaking the awkward silence.

"Didn't you remember something?"

Minhee being not so sociable took a few seconds for her to answer. 

"Hmm... what is it, Minhyun-sshi?"

"I--" 

He was about to continue his sentence but they arrived already on the bus stop. 

"I just live nearby." Minhyun spat. 

"Neh."

*Neh? What an awkward response.* She swear she could hit her head right now. The bus finally arrived. 

"T-t-t.. the bus is here. Thank you Minhyun-sshi for accompanying me." Her response was polite and awkward. She bowed and waved a goodbye before turning around.

Minhyun watched as she rode on the bus.

*Didn't she remember?* He thought.