Monthiversary

Monthiversary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey there, Handsome," Changkyun cooed as he saw his boyfriend approach him in the crowded choir hallway. He was dressed in a simple pair of light washed jeans, rolled up at the ankles paired with gold accented ADIDAS sneakers. He wore a baby pink, turtleneck sweater to keep him warm in the cold weather outside, a heavy, black coat on top. His bright red hair almost glowed against the pink hue. His clothing gave him a soft image, and Changkyun loved this image the best on his boyfriend. 

Jooheon smiled, eyes almost closing with the size of his smile. His younger boyfriend was stunning in a simple pair of dark and ripped jeans and a yellow hoodie with his red letterman jacket on top, decorated in soccer achievements. He had his tan Timberlands on and Jooheon always joked about them, saying how much of a meme they were. He looked like a dream and this morning he had woken up late, his carmel colored hair all messy and sticking up. He had naturally wavy hair, curling around his ears. 

Jooheon spread his arms and Changkyun immediately entered his embrace. Changkyun was only one inch shorter than Jooheon and the allowed for Jooheon to rest his chin on the younger's shoulder. His hair was still fresh with the smell of his green apple shampoo, the only scent that Changkyun would use. Jooheon loved it.

"Happy One Month! I love you," Changkyun smiled, pulling away from the elder and weaving his fingers into Jooheon's. The two were both sophomores and had only met the second semester of freshman year in their seventh period english class. They were at the beginning of the second semester of their sophomore year and had just started dating a month before, on February 4th. 

They were both each other's first boyfriend. Changkyun wasn't allowed to date until he was sixteen and Jooheon hadn't liked anyone as much as he did Changkyun before. Jooheon had liked Changkyun first, but was too shy to ever say something about it. He had fallen head over heels for Changkyun from the moment he met him, but of course, was too shy to say that he liked him. Changkyun didn't even realize that he was interested in Jooheon until halfway through the first semester of sophomore year. It took another four months of them flirting and one date before they were together, finally. 

Jooheon's trademark smile lit up his whole persona that appeared charismatic, but once you got to know the boy, it was revealed that he was an actual ball of sunshine and was actually pretty fragile. His lips pursed and he replied with his high pitched aegyo voice, "I love you, too. Happy Monthiversary, baby," he cooed. Changkyun hated the term baby and preferred babe. Both meant the same thing and were similar terms of endearment, but baby never sat well with him. He told Jooheon this of course, but the elder made it a point to with it whenever he could. All Changkyun could do was accept the nickname. 

Changkyun rolled his eyes in the end and spoke with a hint of irritation in his voice, "Come on, let's go," Jooheon skipped a bit and followed Changkyun to the sophomore and junior parking lot where his old and beat down car was. It was his grandfather's old, cherry red stick shift and it was small, but perfect and Jooheon was pretty proud of his little "Cherrari", as he so fondly called it. 

The couple dodged young drivers as they attempted to get out of the parking lot to get home or to go to work or whatever they had to get to. Jooheon and Changkyun walked hand in hand, arms touching as they headed towards "Cherrari". Changkyun had his license as well, but he wasn't allowed to drive other people yet. Jooheon had started driving lessons early and was allowed to drive other people as soon as he turned sixteen. In other words, he was always driving Changkyun to their dates together. Once inside the car, Jooheon reached over and gently grabbed Changkyun's hand. Habit took over and Changkyun immediately let Jooheon's fingers find their way past his and mold together. 

It took maybe five minutes for Jooheon to weave his way put of the busy parking lot to get the the street that led to his house. He lived relatively close by and Changkyun was much father away than he was. They both decided that they would hang out at Jooheon's house for the night and relax and watch a movie. They didn't have much money for anything else. Big Hero 6 was one of Changkyun's favorite movies, Jooheon having not seen it yet, they were going to watch it. Changkyun was excited to watch it for the 33rd time!

Changkyun saw Jooheon's house in sight and was ready to hop out and greet Jooheon's dog that was always outside, even in the snow. His name was Honey and was such a sweet dog, "I think I love Honey more than you," Changkyun joked, chuckling to indicate that he was making a joke. 

Jooheon rolled his eyes and smiled mischeviously, replying to Changkyun's joke, "Really? Cause I know I love Honey more than you," he chuckled as well and started laughing harder as Changkyun started punching the elder boy's shoulder. Jooheon shied away and warned Changkyun, "Yah! I'm driving! You want me to crash?" he asked loudly. 

Changkyun thought about, seriosuly considering the possibility of Jooheon crashing, yet weighing that out with the fact that Jooheon was a very skilled driver, and the fact that they were going twenty on an empty road with no parked cars on the street due to the snow, he figured they would be perfectly fine. He gave one last punch before deciding to give up and go back to enjoying the ride. His hand was immediately back into Jooheon's grasp. 

Jooheon turned the corner of the street and his house was in view. Honey was seen sniffing the snow, this being his first winter. He was born in the spring and was only used to warmer weather. Snow was still new to him and he wasn't too familiar with the sensation yet. It hadn't snowed too much that winter and Honey hadn't been outside too much, so he was still getting used to the weather. 

Changkyun smiled as he saw the dog. He'd never had a dog of his own, his mother being severly allergic to both dogs and cats. The only pets he ever had were goldfish, and even then they didn't last very long. He made it a point to own a dog when he was on his own. 

They were twenty feet from the driveway and Changkyun had noticed a major detail. Jooheon hadn't touched the brakes at all and it seemed as though he wasn't going to slow down anytime soon. Changkyun's borws furrowed as he looked in Jooheon's direction. Jooheon turned his head as well towards Changkyun and smiled, finally passing his house and continuing down the road. Changkyun watched as Honey chased their car as far as electric shock collar would let him before stopping and turning back to investigate the snow. 

"Where are we going?" Changkyun asked once past the neighboring houses. Where Jooheon was going consisted of small houses and unfinished roads. It was where young couples usually lived when they were just starting off, or where poor families lived, "There's nothing out here."

"Oh on the contrary, behind all this nothing, there is the best sledding hill in all of the city here," he smiled, passing all the run down houses to reveal a small Christian church. 

It was also a run down church, for a different reason. It was old and a new church was built closer to the hearet of the city while this one sat on the outskirts of the city, closer to city limits. It sat on top of a hill, both sides running far into the slanted landscape and Changkyun couldn't deny it: it was a perfect hill to go sledding on. Covered in a thick layer of snow, smoothed out by other kids who had already gone sledding on it. It was the middle of the week though, so no one else was on the hill to join the pair. 

"Do we have sleds?" Changkyun asked. He definitely didn't have one with him, he didn't even know they were coming here in the first place. He didn't even own a sled, last time he would have gone sledding would have been when he was about eight years old. 

"I got everything," Jooheon assured, parking his key and getting out. All Changkyun could do was get out as well and follow his slightly older boyfriend. 

Jooheon was at the trunk of his car, using his keys to open it. Once it was open, Changkyun could see that there were already sleds inside. He started once he saw that the sleds were decorated with the Avengers super heroes. He stumbled back as he laughed, back facing Jooheon as he did so. Jooheon scrunched his face together and pulled the sleds out, ignoring his boyfriend, "They look cool!" he defended himself, setting the sleds on the ground and folding his arms in a pout. He was slightly upset that his efforts were laughed at. 

Changkyun turned around and shook his head, walking towards Jooheon to hug the elder, "No, I love them, really," he assured, burrying his head under Jooheon's chin, "I just wasn't expecting any of this, I promise," he let go of Jooheon to stoop down and pick up one of the sleds, admiring the design on them with another scoff before grabbing Jooheon's hand and dragging him towards the top of the hill. He was genuinely excited to go sledding. 

There was a path around the church that was easier to go by than by going up the hill itself. It was covered in ice more than snow, but was still manageable. Changkyun had no problem walking up the snowy hill, but he could feel Jooheon struggling against his hand. Every now and then, the older boy would slip and steady himself with Changkyun's effortless help. Changkyun dumbed it down to the type of shoes they were wearing. ADIDAS barely had any grip, mostly for show while his Timberlands had grip and were made for rough conditions. Changkyun kept this to himself and just encouraged Jooheon to keep climbing so they could sled faster. 

Finally, they got to the top of the famous sledding hill. Changkyun enjoyed the view that was shown from the top. The drop to the bottom of the hill was steep and a promising sledding experience. Not only the hill itself, but Changkyun could see the collection o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter