The death and birth of a star

Under the stars
I stared up at the beautiful night. A million stars glittered in the sky, filling my heart with joy. Yet sadness still appeared. Even as the stars glittered they didn't glitter as much as one. A beautiful ball of light, energy, shone in the night sky. I could feel it's light slowly fading. I watched as the other stars dimmed their lights making sure that the one star was the brightest of them all. I watched the star slowly glitter then fade. Then glitter and fade again. And again. And again. Until finally it stopped glittering all at once. The sky seemed to turn black. No star shined, as if mourning the loss of the star. A tear slowly fell down my cheek.
Suddenly a spark of light. A small spark of light. So small I barely noticed it. Then with that small light came a million more. Little pieces of hope that stopped the tears that were flowing down my face and brought a smile to my face. I laughed.
"Haha did you see that Jeongguk? That was the death and birth of a star. You just witnessed a supernova and the birth of a neutron star." I smiled and looked at him. I expected him to be staring at the sky but instead he was staring at me, smiling. I gave him a confused look.
"Jeongguk why are you looking at me? Did you not just see that?" I questioned him and he smiled even more.
 
"You have a lot of knowledge up in that brain of yours?" He softly tapped my forehead, changing the subject."Where'd you even learn this stuff?"
 
"Mostly the internet. I've always been interested in stars. But that's not important.You missed the whole thing. You don't get to see that kind of stuff everyday. Ugh how could you even have missed it?" I pouted at him, upset. I had invited him to stargaze with me but he wasn't even paying attention. Suddenly, he took my hand in his. I looked at him, confused and slightly surprised,
"Taehyung. For me you are the brightest star in the whole galaxy and nothing shines as bright as you. So I don't need to see the death and birth of a star. I just need to look at you my ever shining star." He spoke with utter seriousness in his voice and I looked down, blushing. No one had ever compared me to a star. And Jungkook was never this serious.
 
"Since when did you become such a poet Jeon?" I jokingly teased.
 
"Well about 10 seconds ago," Jeongguk played along. "But I was being deadly serious," He said as he captured his eyes with mine.
 
"Well then," I gulped. "If we're being serious then to me you are the core of my star, Jeongguk," I took a deep breath and stepped closer to him. "You are the thing that keeps me together and allows me to shine so brightly." I looked down embarrassed at the prolonged eye contact. Jeongguk slowly brought my chin up so I was looking at him again. He smiled, the gap between our lips getting smaller. Jeongguk gave me the sweetest and purest kiss. A kiss worth a billion stars. Lips soft against mine as I slowly melted into it. Connecting us. And I swear it felt as if the stars shone a little brighter when we were together.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its short and kind of rushed but hopefully sweet.