Truth or Shot

Truth or Shot

 

"This is stupid."

"Then why did you come?"

"I don't know, we thought we're all hanging out as friends. Why is there a camera?"

"They did tell me we're playing a game but I didn't know it's something like this."

"Like what?"

A coffee table good for two, bottles of Soju, two shot glasses and a pile of cards at the center, a few cameras on tripods across it with all the filming necessities placed around. "Seriously, what is this?" Kyungsoo asked his friends who were standing, some of them sitting, right behind the cameras. "We also did this to Junsu and Minha last week. It's for Minseok's channel. it's just for fun, no worries." One of their friends, Baekhyun explained with a smile. They're a big group of friends and a couple of them have had pasts, a history, memories more than as friends. "I'm sure it's nothing serious, just sit down. This is fun, we'll be on Youtube." Seungwan, as energetic as she always is, chants as she grabs the chair on the table. "Actually, we also did this to some ex-lovers we know outside our squad. it'll be fun, you two are cool right?" Minseok, the channel owner, asked. "Hyung, I know you got my verbal concent to feature me on one of your stupid videos but you did not tell me it'll be with Seungwan. And you said 'ex-lovers' so this is about our past? isn't that a little rude to feature just for views?" Kyungsoo complains. "Yah, it's not like we haven't hung out since the break up. It's been a year, silly." Seungwan tries to lighten up the mood. 

Glancing at her for a moment, Kyungsoo finally grabs the chair and sat. 

"Buddy, just relax. I was kind of freaking out the first time too but it was kind of fun, just don't take the past too seriously. Try to be funny too. Seungwan, don't be too harsh like Minha though." Junsu suggests while laughing. "Well, obviously that's because we broke up because of third party?" Minha grunts back. "Okay okay~ let's not get back to that." Minseok coos to calm the two down before walking to the other ex-lovers. "So uh, I really appreciate you two for coming. You know how I make a lot of inspiration videos and vlogs and this one might be pretty tough, but it'll be worth it. Don't you think?" he pursuades. "And in what way is this inspirational all?" Kyungsoo asks with a smug smile. 

Giving the two a small yet meaningful smile, Minseok briefly answered, "It's about love." before walking back to his spot behind the cameras. 

Seungwan and Kyungsoo shared a brief eye-contact. "Well I guess we're getting drunk huh." Kyungsoo mutters earning a chuckle for the lady. Later on, Minseok and some of their friends explained the mechanics to the two and how it should all go. They would have to go pick a random card which contains a certain question aiming for the other person to answer, they could either choose to answer with the truth or take a shot. "Are we allowed to lie?" Kyungsoo asks making everyone playfully laugh at him. "Why, is there something you'd like to hide?" One friend grins while trying to tickle him on the sides. "Oh shut up, I just think some of the questions might be too personal." He grunts. "Well, if it is, it's all in the past. I think it'll be okay. And anyway, if you don't want to answer it, then just take a shot. Right?" Seungwan assures him. "But. . . Seungwan-ah, aren't you dating?" he then asks hesitantly. Shrugging her shoulders, Seungwan smiles before answering, "Yes, I am. But it's just a game so why not. Don't worry, my boyfriend knows."

Eventually, the game begins. 

"Cue!" Minseok snaps his palms together. "Hi, I'm Seungwan." The lady begins while awkwardly waving a hand at the camera. Kyungsoo looks away to hide the small smile that reached his lips when she did that. "Kyungsoo here." he adds in monotone, not looking at the camera. "How long did you date?" Minseok asks as part of the video. "Three years." The ex's answered in chorus. "Pretty much four, isn't it? Yeah, almost four." Seungwan added. "Okay, so I'll cut the video to that and then we'll move on to the game, just do rock,paper, scissor for who's gonna go first." Minseok directs. "No, let her go first. Ladies first." Kyungsoo suggests as he leans comfortably on the chair. "Okay, if you say so." Seungwan chuckles in response before taking the first card. "Oh, this is pretty simple." She mutters before reading it. 

'When did you break up?'

"February of last year." Kyungsoo answered right away but then turns to the camera. "Oh wait, no. We broke up around January but I only got to move out of the apartment, February. So. . . pretty much February I guess." He corrects himself. Seungwan nodded in agreement. "Yeah, that was. . . tough. Pretty awkward too, right? We broke up but because of moving issues, he had to stay couple more weeks." She explained with a light smile. "Next, my turn." Kyungsoo cut off right away and grabbed a card. He glanced at her one more time before reading, 'Was it a happy relationship?' 

A brief silence echoed in the room. 

"I'd say yes." Kyungsoo unconsciously answered. "Yah! I will answer that~" Seungwan pointed out before laughing. "Oh, sorry. ." Kyungsoo hit himself on the forehead before grabbing the bottle of water he spotted at the foot of the table. He opened it and drank our of embarrassment. "Yeah, I agree. It was partially a happy relationship, I mean not completely of course. Happy and sad, you know." Seungwan explains, glancing at their friends. "Next card~" She then added before grabbing a card. 

'Do you still think about me at night?'

Seungwan laughed awkwardly at the question. Kyungsoo cleared his throat before grabbing the bottle of soju and poured himself a shot on the glass. Everyone laughed as he took the shot quickly while giving that awful yet embarrassed smile. "That's too personal." He pointed out while looking at the camera with a small chuckle. "Not really, it's easy to answer." Seungwan laughs along with the others. "Okay, do you?" Kyungsoo asked her. "Well. . . n-not recently cause you know. . ." Seungwan answers while blinking. Kyungsoo looks away with a hurt smile as he grabs the bottle of water again. "Guys, next one." Minseok mouthed to them. Grabbing the next card, Kyungsoo cleared his throat before reading. 

'Have you ever cheated in the relationship.'

As soon as he finished the sentence, his eyes went back to observe Seungwan. "Oh wow, you're actually silent. Did you?" he asked in disbelief. "I wouldn't say it was cheating." She answered. "Like, what do you mean?" Kyungsoo asked back, tapping his fingers on the table nervously. "It was just like, crying on some other guy's shoulder, that time when you cared more about your career than you cared about me, I guess. So. . . it might have been with some other guy showing me care, you know, hugs but that was pretty much it." Seungwan answered. Kyungsoo looked away while chuckling solemnly. "I cared about my career so much cause I wanted to take care of you the best way I can, I wanted to settle down soon that time. . . Anyway, no hard feelings." He coughs before glancing at the camera. "Wow, this is fun huh." he answers before drinking on the bottle of water again. Seungwan took in a gulp and silently grabbed the next card. 'Do you think we could have been married if we didn't break up?'

"Ah ." Kyungsoo chuckles as he grabs the bottle of soju again to pour himself some. Everyone in the room laughed as he takes the shot with his eyes closed tightly. Seungwan was laughing along, although deep inside worried about him. "She hasn't even drank a single one." he adds as he makes a blowfish after that burning sensation of the alcohol enters his throat. He then grabbed a card. "Oh wow, this is getting more and more private." He chuckles before reading the question, 

'What was your least favorite about our life.'

"Wow." Seungwan hissed and looked at Minseok in a judging way. "Wow, seriously." She grunts before taking her first ever shot. "Yes." Kyungsoo mutters in victory as he watches her drink. "She can't answer because she doesn't have a least favorite, she loved everything." he mocks making everyone laugh. As everyone settled back down in silence, Seungwan grabs another card for her turn to ask. 'If you had a chance, would you want to get back together?' She finished the sentence and had to look at Kyungsoo right away to wait for his answer. "Honestly. . . I think your boyfriend's a great guy, probably greater than I was. You are. . . probably much more stress-free now than when you were with me or at least that's what I see so. . . maybe I wouldn't even if I wanted to." He answers. Seungwan smiles solemnly as she looks down, his answer replaying in her head for a few times. 

She slowly nodded before looking at him. "Yea, he's awesome." She agrees. The atmosphere is getting more and more solemn as the cards go by. Different from the other ex-lovers they've featured who always end up fighting about the past and some of them eventually giving up in the middle of it, Kyungsoo and Seungwan seem to have maintained their care for each other. "My turn." Kyungsoo said and grabbed a card right away. 

'Do you still love me?'

He read the question in his mind first before looking at Seungwan to ask her. She smiled and put her elbow on the edge of the table, settling her chin on her hand. "Yeah, of course. Personally, I think you don't really stop loving a person, you just. . . move on. . . and maybe someday meet someone whom you'll end up loving more." She explained herself while glancing at the camera. It made Kyungsoo smile back as he looks back down to the card as if having the need to reread it. "Next question." Seungwan cut it off right away and grabbed the next card. 'Am I a wife/husband material?' She reads it silently before repeating it in the proper format. "So am I a wife material?" She repeats while chuckling. "Ugh, I don't think so, I'm a horrible cook." She adds while chuckling, making everyone laugh along. "Oh I didn't care about the food at all. Damn, I wanted you to be my wife so bad I worked my off hoping to marry you soon 'til things happened. So yes, for me you're a wife material." Kyungsoo answers right away making her silent, with her bottom lip caught up on her teeth. "So. . . I think your boyfriend is really lucky." He added to cut off the tension before grabbing a card for his turn. 

'Would you give me a friendly kiss on the lips?'

"Oh hell no. I respect her new relationship, no. We're both taking this shot." Kyungsoo declines right away even before hearing her answer. He pours himself a shot and pours some for Seungwan as well. "You don't need to answer." he said and lifts the shot glass up. "Cheers." he offers and and did it before taking a shot together. Everyone was laughing at how silly yet nice Kyungsoo was being. Seungwan laughs along while covering . "Yah, I could have just said no~" She chants while clapping her hands. "I panicked okay!" Kyungsoo argues back while laughing along. Slowly calming down from that quick entertainment, the ex-lovers shared a brief eye-contact while smiling. "That was really sweet of you though." Seungwan says before taking her turn of card. "Oh, this is the last one. Wow that was fast." She chants while glancing at the others. "We didn't want it to be too long and drive home two drunk ex-lovers, you know. And anyway, this video we'll be compiled along with the other couples so why bother have too many questions." Minseok explained. 

Seungwan then went in and read the last question, 

'Are you happy?'

It was silent between the two for a while as Kyungsoo stares at her intently. "Are you happy with your life now? You happy with him?" he instead asked back. Seungwan nodded in respond. "Yeah. . . I'm happy." She answered, her eyes unknowingly begin forming tears as she stared back at his loving eyes. Kyungsoo looked down for a moment before glancing at the camera with a sincere yet broken smile.

"Well then, I'm happy."

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I was planning to make it very angsty but then I don't think I can survive so I made it very simple and sincere. Anyway, thanks for reading! I hope it wasn't that boring, if it was, my apologies! LOL