My Too Perfect Girlfriend

My Too Perfect Girlfriend

"Hi, baby. Sorry for missing your phone calls. I was out with my friends and i didn't hear my phone ring." Minkyung apologetically said to her girlfriend.

 

"It's okay." Her girlfriend flatly responded. And even though Minkyung can't see her girlfriend's face right now since they are only talking in the phone, Minkyung can sense the hidden wrath under her girlfriend's calmness.

 

Because this is not the first time. In fact, it happened too many times already.

 

"Yebin-ah, are you mad? I'm sorry. You know how most of my friends are still single. Even Kyungwon just broke up with her girlfriend. And if i keep myself busy with my phone when i'm with them, i think i might hurt their feelings for being insensitive."

 

Yebin flinched after that name rolled out of Minkyung's mouth.

 

Kyungwon again. Kyungwon again! Why everything she did must involved Kyungwon in it?!? Yebin inwardly screamed inside her head.

 

Right, they are bestfriends. Yup, bestfriends who always hang out together almost every day, living right next to each other in the same apartment building, will casually take a bath together to save water and time they said, love to buy and collecting couple items, and both are lesbians. Yeah right.. Yebin as Minkyung's girlfriend can totally be cool about that.

 

"But now you're hurting mine." Yebin weakly said. Finally throw away her mask and let her true emotion shows.

 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. It's just i want you to understand my position." Minkyung sighed.

 

"Oh so now i'm the inconsiderate one?"

 

"Yebin, i never said that."

 

"But you're implying it."

 

"Gosh, why we're always fighting lately?? It's tiring."

 

"You're tired of me?" Yebin choked, sending Minkyung into panic state. Hurting her girlfriend is the last thing she wanted to do but she herself doesn't understand as to why she keeps on hurting the latter lately. She doesn't want it. But she did it anyways.

 

"GOD NO YEBIN! Stop putting words in my mouth! I'm tired of our arguments and fights." But i'll never get tired of you. Minkyung inwardly added. Instead she continued to rant, "It seems endless. You're always mad at me, then i will explain things to you because they are all turned out to be just some misunderstandings between us. You'll forgive me. We make up. But not long after that, we'll find ourselves in the middle of another new fight. Our relationship feels like a battlefield lately and i'm tired of that." 

 

"..."

 

"Yebin?" 

 

*sobs sobs*

 

"Ye-Yebin? Oh no." Minkyung gasped. "Don't cry, baby. Please. I'm sorry. Please don't cry." Minkyung worriedly pleaded. She wished she can teleport to where Yebin is right now so she can pull her girlfriend into her embrace and whispering sweet-nothings into her ear. To at least be there to wipe away her tears. Tears that again, Minkyung caused.

 

"I'm sorry for all of these mess, unnie. I know it makes you tired, physically and mentally. I'm tired too." Yebin paused to calm herself down a bit before she inhaled and continues, "I-i think we should b-break up." Yebin has been thinking about this for awhile now. She's even practicing it several times in her head but still, saying it for real to Minkyung is surely harder than what she thought.

First because she herself is not sure with the decision she made, and second because it hurts so much to say such thing out loud. Words that hurting them both. But they are hurting each other too right now. So what the difference, anyway? Yebin thought.

She still loves Minkyung. She still want to hold on to her and maybe they can somehow finally mend their relationship but she's tired too. Just like Minkyung, she's tired of their endless arguments and fights. But she will never get tired of Minkyung. She wanted to tell the older girl that but Yebin thinks there's no use anymore for Minkyung to know that. 

 

"WHAT?? No, Yebin! I won't accept this." Minkyung sounds surprised and hurt, Yebin can easily tell because she knows the older girl very well, like the back of her hand. But Minkyung being Minkyung, still try her best to control her emotions and keep her composure, unlike Yebin who's already crying mess. Whoever saw them right now, they surely will mistakenly think it's Minkyung who asked for a break up. 

 

"We're only hurting each other, unnie. It's not good for both of us." Yebin hardly said in the middle of her tears. But at least she's glad she can't see Minkyung right now. She can't bear to see the hurt and disappointment in the older girl's eyes.

 

It's easier this way. Yebin thought.

Yeah, Yebin can be a coward sometimes.

 

"But i love you, Yebin. So much. I don't want to break up with you. Please. We'll figure things out i promise. Don't give up on me. Don't give up on us." Minkyung heartbreakingly pleaded for the nth time today to the younger girl.

 

"Me neither, unnie. And i love you too. But if we forced ourselves to continue this relationship, i'm afraid we'll ended up hating each other at the end of the day. I don't want to hate you. And above all, i don't want you to hate me."

 

"I will never hate you, Kang Yebin! What kind of nonsense you're talking about right now?!"

 

The two keeps on 'bargaining' for some more time, trying to change each other's mind.

 

But unfortunately Yebin's decision is already final.

 

Minkyung decided to let the younger girl to cool down for awhile. She thought Yebin asked for a break up just out of anger and they will be a lovey-dovey couple they used to be again once her anger subsided. So the next day Minkyung came to Yebin's house with a bouquet of flower, the younger's favorite flower. Unfortunately it's Yebin's maid that opened the door for her, saying Yebin is out with her friends, having morning coffee at cafe nearby.

 

Without much thinking, Minkyung get back inside her car and drive toward Yebin's favorite cafe. She knows the younger girl must be there. She really missed her girlfriend for they haven't see each other for 2 days. She really can't wait to see Yebin again, and hopefully Yebin will forgive her when she apologize to her.

 

She found Yebin, sitting quietly with Eunwoo, her best friend, as she's sipping on her coffee.

 

That's weird, Minkyung thought. She knows Yebin is not a coffee drinker. She's more into milk or chocolate drinker.

 

"Yebin.." Minkyung softly called out, catching both Yebin and Eunwoo's attention.

 

"Unnie?" Yebin asked in surprised. 

 

"Why you're here?" Yebin coldly asked. Ouch.

 

"Can we talk?" Minkyung carefully asked.

 

"Sure. Let's talk outside. I'll be right back, Eunwoo-yah." Yebin informed her friend and then walked outside, didn't even wait for Minkyung.

 

"Yebin, are you still mad at me?"

 

"No. I'm not. But why you're here?"

 

"I missed my girlfriend. That's why."

 

"Unnie.. I'm not you're girlfriend anymore. Please don't make this harder for both of us."

 

"Yebin, you're not being serious right with our b-break up?" Minkyung can't help but stammering on her words. 

 

But as soon as she looks into Yebin's eyes, she realized that the younger girl is indeed dead serious with her words.

 

"Yebin-ah, can't you give me a second chance? Please?"

 

There are tears falling down from Yebin's eyes but she shook her head firmly. 

 

"I'm sorry." Yebin whispered out. "But no matter what please remember that i always feel thankful for the time we spent together. All of those memories we had, good or bad, they are all precious to me because you were there with me. And you will always own a special place in my heart. Always. Nothing can change that." Yebin said and pulled Minkyung into her embrace, giving the older girl one last hug before she turned around and keep on walking further and further, back inside the cafe, despite Minkyung's pleads asking her to come back to her.

Yebin seems so sure with her decision. She doesn't even momentarily stop on her track and only keep on walking. Little did Minkyung knows.. Yebin didn't even take a sec to stop nor spare one last glance at her because Yebin knows, once she did that, she will run back toward Minkyung in a heartbeat and she can never leave her side anymore after that. That's why she forced her legs to keep moving forward. Leaving her heart behind. Leaving the love of her life behind her.

***

 

The first week was hell for both girls. The fact that they have a rather big possibility to see each other every day since they're studying in the same university, only make it harder for them to move on from each other. Well, actually none was willing to move on, yet. But they know they have to.

 

Sometimes they would walk passed each other in the school hallway. Or catch a glimpse of each other's so familiar shadow in the cafetaria or parking area or library. And when their encounter couldn't be avoided, both girls would only awkwardly look away when their eyes meet, or slightly nodded their head in acknowledgement. But since Yebin is younger and also junior of Minkyung and her friends, she usually will bow at them whenever they meet, for the sake of politeness.

 

It's even more awkward for Yebin's friends and Minkyung's friends to witness the awkward interaction between these two ex lovers.

But more than feeling uncomfortable, their friends feel so worried for them. Because it's obvious how broken the two after their break up.

Minkyung lost her smile. She only keeps on spacing out lately. She becomes quieter.

While Yebin lost her apetite and trying to vent out her sadness by keep going out with her friends, sleepovering in their house, shopping like crazy, anything to distract her mind from thinking about her tragic love story with Minkyung. Yebin even dyed her hair into light grayish. A habit she did whenever she feels so down and broken. That's like one of her way to boost up her mood, by trying to look bright and cheerful. When she's actually wailing hard on the inside.

***

 

Yebin had a high fever one day. She couldn't come to her classes for two days in a row.

Minkyung knows she shouldn't even realize the absence of the younger's presence or at least she supposed to pretend as if she didn't realize it. But she can't.

Because she's more than aware of that.

Because meeting Yebin coincidentally somewhere in their univesity area is her one and only chance to see Yebin. So she's always looking forward to it.

Even if Yebin didn't even know that Minkyung was secretly looking at her from afar. Because all Minkyung needs is an assurance. She has to reassure her restless heart that Yebin is safe, even though she's not there to take care of her anymore. For the sake of her own closure. She can't stop caring for the younger girl. Because to unloved someone that you loved, love, for years is not an easy thing to do. 

So today is the second day where Minkyung can't even catch a glimpse of Yebin, anywhere in the university area no matter how hard and keen she looked for the younger girl, secretively of course. She saw Yebin's friends but Yebin is not there with them. Minkyung was close with Yebin's friends and treated them as if they are her younger sisters, but ever since the break up, Minkyung unwillingly keep a distance with them because she doesn't want to put them into a difficult situation since Minkyung is literally the reason behind their friend's heartache.

But today, she can't wait anymore in the dark without knowing anything. So she braced herself and told herself to man up. 

 

"Eunwoo-yah." Minkyung called out.

 

Eunwoo who heard that familiar voice, quickly turned her head to make sure that her ears are indeed didn't playing trick on her.

 

"Omo, Minkyung unnie." She gasped in surpised. It's not that she doesn't like to see Minkyung, she's just plainly surprised because she didn't expect for the older girl to reach out to her first.

 

"Hi. It's been awhile we're chatting like this." Minkyung apologetically smiled.

 

"Yeah, it's been awhile, unnie." Eunwoo smiled back at her. "How are you?"

 

Bad. I wish i could just die so this pain will finally stop. That's what Minkyung wanted to say but of course she won't say that out loud.

 

"Not really good. But i'm surviving." So instead she settled with that.

 

"I see. I'm sorry for what happened to you and Yebin." Eunwoo genuinely feel sad and sympathy for both of them because she can see how the two girls genuinely loved each other. And maybe they still do. But Eunwo has to agreed with Yebin's decision. They should put an end to their constant fights and argumentations.

 

"Yeah, i'm sorry too." Minkyung tried to joke to lighten up the heavy-somber mood but it fails miserably because Eunwoo can see the sadness in Minkyung's eyes. Her dark circles are getting worse too.

 

Poor her. She must have trouble sleeping. Eunwoo thought.

 

"By the way, why you're alone? Where's Yebin? ... And Kyulkyung." Minkyung quickly added the Chinese girl's name to the sentence, trying to not make her real intention obviously shown. But of course Eunwoo is not that stupid nor dense to see through Minkyung's act. She just secretly smiles seeing Minkyung's cute attempt to look for Yebin without trying to be obvious that she's looking for the younger girl.

 

"I mean it's quite weird to see you alone. Usually you and Yebin and Kyulkyung are always together, looking like Song Triplet, teens version of course." Minkyung cracked a small grin.

 

"Ah, Kyulkyung is still in her class. I'm going to meet her supposedly in 10 minutes. And Yebin, she's in her home. She has a high fever since yesterday and i think she hasn't recovered yet. I told her to go to a doctor and get herself check. But you know that stubborn kid, unnie. She hates hospital. And she hates swallowing pills.” Eunwoo huffed. Her friend can be a pretty handful too sometimes. 

 

“She can’t swallow pills that well.” Minkyung softly corrected, or more like indirectly defending Yebin.

 

But it's true that Yebin can't swallow pills. Even for a small tiny teeny pill, she has to gulped down a lot of water just so the pill can slide smoothly down to . Sometimes if the pill is too big, she would use banana to 'help' her. By chewing the pill together with the fruit to lessen the bitterness of the pill, or just gulped down the pill together with banana altogether. And Minkyung also had to coax her just so the sick girl would take her medicines.

Minkyung can't really blame her for strongly disliking the hospital either because Yebin had a bad memory with hospital since she was a kid.  The 7 years old Yebin had to constantly visit the same hospital with her parents at least once in a week to visit her older brother that diagnosed with heart problem since birth or more well known as con heart disease.  At age 8, she had to witnessed her brother died in front of her very own eyes in the same hospital room that she has been visiting for a year. So going to hospital naturally kind of becomes her trauma. It makes her remember the tremendous fear and sadness she used to feel years ago.

 

Minkyung could only sigh. She knows Yebin is a stubborn person. Even her parents sometimes failed to knock some senses into her head. So no wonder her bestfriend also couldn't make her to listen to their words. But Minkyung used to be the only exception. It's true Yebin would still argue with Minkyung at first if they ever had a different opinion on something. But at the end of the day, Minkyung would always able to soften her heart and make the younger girl to listen to her. Minkyung wonders whether she still possess that power over the younger.

 

"Minkyung unnie.." Eunwoo's voice brings back Minkyung from her daydream.

 

"Yes?"

 

"Kyulkyung and i can't visit Yebin today since we have a group project that have to be submitted by tomorrow morning. I was wondering.. will it be too much for asking you to check on her today? I mean if you have time to spare. I heard her parents are still in a business trip and they won't be home for awhile. Yebinie is alone in her house with her maids. So i--"

 

"Sure." Minkyung didn't let Eunwoo to finished her words. "Don't worry. I'll check on her as soon as i finished with my last class. I will also personally drag her to the hospital if her condition is still not good but she refused to get herself check."

 

Eunwoo grinned widely at the older girl. She feels relieved. "Thank you, unnie! Thank you so much!"

 

"You should be thank too. Thank you for worrying her. She's lucky to have you and Kyulkyung by her side."

 

She's lucky too to have, had you, unnie.

 

Eunwoo honestly doesn't know whether letting the two to meet each other will be a good idea or not but at least she knows that if there's someone who could take care of her sick bestfriend the best, it will be no other than Kim Minkyung.

***

 

Stay true to her words, Minkyung quickly tidying up her things and get ready to leave the class after the lecturer ended his class. She looks as if she's ready to sprint.

 

"Yah, Kim Minkyung. You look in hurry." Kyungwon looked at her friend in both amusement and curiosity.

 

The taller girl looks so eager to leave the class and that's not really a familar sight for Minkyung's friends to see since the girl always acted calm and composed most of the time.

 

"I am in hurry." Minkyung shortly answered with her hands still moving fastly non stop, busy putting in her belongings inside her bag.

 

"Going somewhere?" Kyungwon asked again.

 

"Yebin's house." Hearing that, Kyungwon stopped asking and instead she gives her friend a pat on her shoulder.

 

"Good luck." She said with an encouraging gummy smile of hers as she's raising her thumbs up. Minkyung just chuckled at that and mumbled out her thanks.

 

Minkyung then half running toward the parking area to get her car and soon enough, her car already hit the main road.

 

I don't know how you will react once you see me, but i swear i won't leave before making sure you're fine.

***

 

*ding dong*

 

"Annyeonghaseyo.. Oh, Ms. Minkyung! How are you?? It's been awhile since your last visit." It's one of Yebin's maids that opened the door for Minkyung after she pressed the bell.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, auntie Park. Yeah it's been awhile. I'm doing fine. How about you, auntie?" Minkyung asked with a polite smile.

 

"I'm fine too, Miss. Thank you for asking. By the way you must be here to check on our poor young mistress. She has been suffered with high fever since yesterday."

 

"Is she getting better?"

 

"Her fever died down a bit. Her body temperature were higher yesterday."

 

"I see. May i check on her now, auntie?"

 

"Sure thing, Miss. Miss Yebin must be happy to see you. She's always brighter when you're around. But maybe she's still sleeping right now. But please go upstairs. I believe with Miss Minkyung by her side, our little agassi will recovered quicker." Auntie Park said with a motherly smile.

 

Even though the two girls never officially introduced themselves as a couple in front of her, she can see how the their eyes always scream love whenever they look at each other. The way they kept showering each other will loves and cares. It's such a heart-warming sight for her and she really cherish the two misses for the two always treating her with nothing but kindness. 

 

"Thank you, auntie. Then i'll be going up now. See you later, auntie." Minkyung slightly bowed at the older ahjumma and then make her way toward Yebin's room.

 

She might look calm as always from the outside, but her heart starts to hammering inside her chest with every step forward she takes. 

 

Soon enough she stands right in front of Yebin's room white door. The feeling is both familiar yet strange to her.

 

Indeed, it's been quite a while for her to be here. So it feels somewhat strange. But she had too many memories in this place, thus there's still sense of familiarity left.

 

Minkyung softly knock on the door's surface thrice but she only greeted by silence. So slowly she pulled down the door's latch and pushed the door open.

 

The first thing she saw as soon as the door opened is Yebin who is sleeping soundly on her bed with blanket covering half of her small figure. Her face looks flushed, a sign that the poor girl still suffered from her fever. Minkyung slowly, quietly making her way toward the 'sleeping beauty'.

 

God, i missed you so much, Kang Yebin. I didn't even realize it before but seeing you again make me realize how much i have been surpressing my longing. I really missed you. It hurts. Minkyung stood there unmoved, she keeps looking at the sleeping figure as she's fighting back her tears. 

 

She was still contemplating whether to take step closer or move back when suddenly she heard Yebin's voice.

 

"Hngg~I-- Nooo.. P-please! Hngg~" Yebin suddenly starts to mumbled out incoherent words in her sleep, looking so disturbed as her body tossing to the left and right.  Minkyung quickly squatted down beside her bed and hug the poor girl to calm her down. In the past it always works. Minkyung could always chased Yebin's bad dream away. Now Minkyung could only hope that she still can do that.

 

"Sshhhh. It's okay, babe. It's okay. It's just a bad dream. It's not real. You'll be fine. I got you." Minkyung keeps softly whispering sweet-nothings in Yebin's ear as she's hugging the younger girl, slightly rocking her body. Her left hand also keeps gently Yebin's hair, and those gestures finally effectively bring Yebin out of her nightmare as the girl in Minkyung's embrace starts to calming down before her breaths become steady again.

 

Only after Minkyung heard a soft snores coming from Yebin, she finally willing to unwrapped her arms from hugging Yebin.

 

But the missing of familar warmth and sweet scent of Minkyung makes Yebin to forcefully open her eyes, subconsciously searching back for the warmth and scent that was lingering close around her.

 

Soon enough her eyes fully opened. Yebin blinks several times, trying to adjust with her surroundings and that's when her eyes finally landed on the another presence in her room.

 

"Unnie? Am i still dreaming?" Yebin mumbled to herself rather loudly. She thought she's still in her dream because there's no way Minkyung is here, right in front of her as the first thing she sees once she opened her eyes. That's just too good to be true, she thought.

 

"So you were dreaming about me earlier, huh? It was a bad dream right? Sorry for haunting you and made you feel restless even in your dream." Minkyung sincerely apologized. It also pains her to know that dreaming of her equal to having a nightmare for the younger girl now. When she used to be the sweetest dream that Yebin could wished for in the past. What an irony.

 

Minkyung took a step back and hastily grab her bag, ready to leave, but suddenly she feels someone's wrapping their hands around her waist, pressing their chest against her back. Yebin is back-hugging her so tightly, making Minkyung forgets how to breathe for a sec there. 

 

Maybe it's the fever, or maybe her drowsiness, Yebin still can't really tell what's real and what's not real. But seeing the pain in Minkyung's eyes, Yebin knows she needs to do something to comfort the taller girl. It pains her too for seeing Minkyung in pain. So she just did what her instict told her. She jumped off her bed and wrapping her hands around Minkyung's waist, preventing the older girl to take any step further from her.

 

"No, unnie. Don't say things like that. That's not true." Minkyung could hear the rage breaths of the shorter girl that resting her head against her back right now. Minkyung subconsciously leaning deeper into Yebin's embrace. She needs this, she told herself. How could she survived weeks without feeling Yebin's touch? How could she's still breathing right now? She herself doesn't know. Because Yebin was her oxygen. Yebin was her life. And guess she still is.

 

"Yebin, don't lie to me." Minkyung closed her eyes and sighed. "I know you had a bad dream earlier. But what i didn't know is that i was in there and became your nightmare. I'm sorry."

 

"Stop saying sorry! It's not like that, unnie. It's true that you were in my dream. But my nightmare was seeing you walking away from me. I know i was the one who walked away from you, but in my dream you left me. I could only see your back that keep getting further and further from my reach. I was so scared and helpless. I tried to call your name, but i couldn't find my voice. The words that came out of my mouth were nothing but incoherent gibberish. I was so desperate because i couldn't make you stop. I tried to run to you but i couldn't find my strength so i fell on the floor and could only cry. That was my bad dream. Losing you is what hurting me. Not you.. And i wonder, is that how you feel when i walked away from you that day?"
 

"Glad to know. And as for your question, yeah. It felt like dying." Minkyung said as she's placing her hands on top of Yebin's hands that still wrapping around her body.

 

"I'm sorry." Yebin apologized. Her voice kind of muffled against Minkyung's shoulder but Minkyung could still clearly heard it.

 

"It's okay. Love supposed to hurt." Minkyung softly patting those small hands and they stay like that for awhile until realization finally hits Yebin. Hard.

 

"But wait.. If this not in my dream, it means you're real, unnie???" Yebin stupidly asked, causing Minkyung to laughed at her.

 

"Ayeuh pabo~ Of course i'm real." Minkyung turned her body around, but still keeping their distance close, to look at the super flustered Yebin who could only rapidly blink her eyes.

 

Yebin can feel how her face starts to blushing madly. Her fever makes her face flushed but knowing Minkyung is here with her, for real, and she just had to ask that super stupid question to the older girl, let's just say she's feeling beyond embarrassed.

 

Minkyung seems can sense that. So in order to 'save' the younger girl, she decided to change the topic.

 

"How's your feeling today?" Minkyung asked and gently put the back of her hand on Yebin's forehead to check on her temperature. Still slightly hot. It makes Minkyung to bites her lip, one of her habit whenever she feels unhappy or worried about something. Well in this case she feels both.

 

"Are you feeling dizzy or nausea right now?" Yebin shook her head.

 

"Good. Now go change your clothes, wear something thick. I'll be waiting for you dowstairs."

 

"W-where are we going?"

 

"Hospital."

 

"But unnie, i--"

 

"No buts, Kang Yebin. Your fever is still high. If you stubbornly refused to go see a doctor, i'm sorry, i think i'll have to drag you to the hospital by myself. And you know i'm not just bluffing." Minkyung sternly said.

 

Yebin sighed in defeat. "Fine."

 

Minkyung swiftly turned her body around and leave Yebin's room with a small victorious smile on her face that she try to hide from the latter.

***


 

(Inside Minkyung's car)

 

It's funny and sad at the same time how the two persons who used to always share every stories they had, never stop bickering and teasing each other when they were together, now can only share, luckily, a rather comfortable silence. The air is not as awkward as the two girl predicted, but still, it's just too quiet for their likings.

 

Minkyung just softly humming to the songs played in the radio with Yebin either busying herself with her phone or just aimlessly looking outside the window car.

 

"Do you feel cold?" Mikyung finally decided to break the silence. "I can raise the aircon temperature if you want." Minkyung asked from behind the steering wheel with her eyes still focusing on the road.

 

"No, it's fine. I'm fine." Yebin flashed a small smile at the older girl before diverting her gaze back to her phone screen. Minkyung could only inwardly sighed. As stupid as it might sounds, Minkyung is so jealous with Yebin's phone who got the younger girl's total attention.

 

"Okay then."

 

Then silence again.

 

And yet again, it's Minkyung who tried to keep the conversation going because she can't stand this silence with Yebin. She missed the younger girl. She missed hearing her voice.

 

"By the way.." Yebin curiously looks at Minkyung in anticipation. Wondering what she's going to say this time. Even though she didn't show it, she did feel grateful and touched with the effort Minkyung put to create the comfortable ambience for them.

 

"You should stop hurting your hair." Minkyung said as she's stretching out her long limb to reach Yebin's head before softly caressing Yebin's new hair.

 

She dyed her hair into blonde color this time and Minkyung had to admit that the color suit her very well.

 

Yebin has this habit, to dye her hair whenever she feels down. And of course minkyung knows that. She knows Yebin best.

 

"What stressed you out until you dyed your hair like this, hm?" Yebin swears she can sense the worries in Minkyung's voice.

 

Right, she's always been the caring one. Guess she still is.

 

You. Yebin wanted to say but she hold it in.

 

"Nothing. I just want to try out this color." Yebin answered without looking back into Minkyung's eyes. She pretend to change the radio station just so she doesn't have to look at Minkyung in the eyes.

 

You're lying, baby. I know you too well to easily tell that. Minkyung again inwardly sighed but decided to not pry.

 

"How are you, Yebin-ah?"

 

"Not really good. But i'm surviving." Minkyung almost choked on her own saliva hearing Yebin's answer that exactly the same like hers when Eunwoo asked about her.

 

I don't know should i feel glad or sad because it makes two of us, at least now i know i'm not the only one who's struggling. Because none of us seems doing fine ever since we broke up. Can we just turn back the time and be the old us again?

 

But no, Minkyung didn't have the guts to ask that to Yebin. So with a small pout, she asked another question instead.

 

"By the way, won't you ask the same question to me?" Yebin just giggled hearing Minkyung's innocently asked that question to her, looking almost like a wounded puppy that get locked outside the house by its beloved owner.

 

"I don't have to ask that. I can see that you're not doing so well yourself. You look skinnier, unnie. Your dark circles are getting worse too. You obviously sleep deprived. Instead of asking about your doing that i already know the answer, i want to advice you to eat more and sleep more. Will you do that?"

 

"Can't promise."

 

"I also figured that you would say that." Yebin huffed. "By the way unnie, will you leave after we visited the doctor?" Yebin asked. There's a hope in Yebin's eyes. But what she's hoping for with that kind of question? That's what Minkyung can't decipher. So she decided to test the water.

 

"Why? You already can't bear sharing the same air with me? Do you hate me that much now, Kang Yebin? I know i'm no one in your life now. But i can't be like you, Yebin! I can't stop caring. I'm still freaking care about you, okay?? So if you want to stop seeing me around, make sure to get healthy again as soon as possible. That way i won't bother you anymore. You won't see me around anymore." She swore she just wanted to know the real intention of Yebin for asking that to her but she ended up pouring out her feelings instead. Minkyung really didn't plan that.

 

"That's not what i mean, unnie." Yebin slowly reached out for Minkyung's free hand that doesn't holding the steering wheel and intertwining their fingers. She used her thumb to gently the back of Minkyung's hand, trying to calm her down.

 

"I asked that because i was wondering.. would you mind to stay longer with me even after i get myself checked later.. That's why i asked that question. I want you to stay around longer. Not the opposite." Yebin softly explained.

 

"I wouldn't mind, Kang Yebin. Not at all." Minkyung lifted their conjoined hand and give a soft peck on the back of Yebin's hand. Yebin had to smile at that. And Minkyung easily smiled back at her.

 

Both girls know that there are so many things left for them to talk out.

 

But that can wait.

 

For now they just want to cherish this very moment they shared.

 

- fin -

 

 

 

 

 

#NOWPLAYING: EXID - DDD

*This song is lit!*