The Reason

To Trust or Not To Trust

Lee Taemin lives in a small, small town with his girl friend, best friend, and if you want to include his family's graves. In a small town like this, everyone knew each other. Word got out quick and nothing was done without being recorded. And in the very town that he grew up in, he was thrown out in less than 10 seconds.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Sir, wake up!” A rough, firm hand shook him rapidly, forcing the younger man to wake up.

“Uuuh, what time is it Heechul? Am I at home?” I rubbed my eyes, settling on my elbows. Wait, that’s not Heechul.

“Sir, please come to focus!” Jeez, he had such an annoying and whiny voice.

“What? Where am I?” Clearly, you’d be confused too. Waking up to the whole police department in your house? Yeah, that’s not a good way to wake up.

“Sir, are you Lee Taemin?” , did I do something when I was drunk?

“Yes, I am. Now could you explain me why the you guys are all doing in my house?!” Boy, this headache is not helping anything.

“Lee Taemin, do you own a knife?” A knife?

“Yes, I do. What is the meaning of this?” Can this man not get to the ing point!?

“Sir, we found your knife inside of a man’s chest on the streets. And we also found his wallet and bag at your place.” What?!

“Look, you got it all wro-“

“Mr. Lee, where were you from 12 to 2am?” Did that just cut me off?

“I was out drinking with my best friend, okay? I didn’t kill anyone!” I must be going insane.

“Mr. Lee, you were clearly drunk. Your knife was found in him and his belongings are in your home. There’s also blood on your hands and clothes.” I looked at my hands, blood?

“No, no, no. I can never kill anyone! Look Sheriff, I really didn’t do it! Wait, here’s my best friend. He’ll tell you!” I turned to Heechul, who by the way just walked into my house. “Heechul hyung! Tell them that I didn’t kill that man! Didn’t you take me home last night? Tell them hyung!”

“I’m sorry Taemin… All the evidence is there…” … Heechul? Hyung…?

“Sir,” The police man turned to Heechul. “Did you bring this man home?” Heechul wouldn’t…

“We were out drinking and I insisted Taemin that I’d drive him home but he refused and so I left him. I didn’t think he’d do anything like that!” You lying ! Wait, my knife? I didn’t even have my knife that night, I lent it to-

“Heechul hyung!” I was being blamed for something I didn’t do, something I’d never do. And I knew exactly who did it.

“Look Taemin-ah, they have evidence! I.. I didn’t take you home last night! I had nothing to do with this!” What a conniving liar!

“I’m sorry Mr. Lee,” The police turned my way once again. “You are informed to leave this town right away. Word is going to get around fast and it’ll be troublesome for everyone. You need to leave.” No way, no ing way.

“Look, I didn’t do it!” I looked straight into Heechul’s eyes, “You know I didn’t do it!” No guilt on his face, not even an ounce.

“Mr. Lee, you are informed to leave and completely out of this town by three days max.” No, no this isn’t happening!

“Wait, officer! Please, I really didn’t do it!”

“I’m sorry Mr. Lee.”

By the time they all left, I was on my knees. Hands grabbing my hair forcefully, I screamed out of anger. That ing Heechul! My best friend… My ing best friend… Sulli… Sulli will help me!

“*Riing riiing riiiin- Hello?” Sulli will help me, yes. She’s my girl friend!

“Baby! Sulli, you need to help me! Something horrib-“

“I heard what you did Taemin, how could you? You should have let Heechul take you home! You would’ve never hurt someone innocent like that! Why are you so stu- Click.” Sulli too, huh? Heechul must have been holding a huge grudge.

Three days later, I was gone. But before I left, I drove in my car, I went to look for Sulli to tell her goodbye and that I loved her dearly. Well, change of ing plans when I saw her with Heechul, their faces off on our bench at our park. ing god dammit! I slammed my fists into the steering wheel, letting everything sink in. My best friend killed someone and blamed it on me. My best friend then brainwashed my girl friend. My girl friend is now with the man who betrayed me. And my town wants me to leave. This, this isn’t really happening, right?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

In a week’s time, Taemin found a house in another town and in the woods. His house was in the woods, where people couldn’t see his house unless they were strolling around. And in a month’s time, Taemin grew dark and lost. Not leaving his house unless he needed to shop or go out for more wood, the young man never left his house. Taemin was scared and worried. From nothing to a million reasons. Trust flew out of the window and so did his social life. Tae was alone, and he thought that was for the best.

 

Story Note: This is Taemin's reason why he became the person he is now. 

Please note that I will be switching pov's and story lines.

A/N: Hello! Inspired by my favorite English teacher, this came up and I practically rushed to plan out everything when I got home~ I feel like i rushed this chapter a bit, but if I ever make any changes, I'll inform anyone who's reading~ Thanks for reading! I'll update as much as I can! Sorry if it or I made mistakes or if its too short! Comment and subscribe? :3