twelve

⎾ D E V O T I O N ⏌
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
the original "you can just call me!" "i don't want to wake you up!"

"Hhm so let get this straight, I can't get inside to my own house, until i get invited? To my own house?" Jinyoung repeated after what Mina said as two of them are sitting on the rooftop while waiting for Jinyoung's father come home. 

"Being vampire you know.." Mina shrugged. "Where are your Dad anyway? It's almost midnight" 

"I don't know, I never ask.." Jinyoung takes a leaf on his side and started tearing it apart.

"Hey, don't be so depressed. It's only your first day!" 

"What you usually do, since we can't sleep, how did you passed the time?"

"Me? I read a book. I like history, I have read literally over a thousand book about history."

"Did you smell that?" Mina asked, "Your dad is coming" 

"Eh? What?" Jinyoung stand up and saw his father car going to their way.  

"How did you do that?" he asked half amazed.

"Oh sweetie, you can hear and smell anything for atleast a miles away, you only need to concentrate."

Jinyoung looks worried as his dad is now inside the house , he stil try to figured out how to be invited into his own house. 

"Don't worry, you're the genious Jinyoung, you'll figured a way!" Mina encourages him as she rubs his back. Jinyoung sighed as he mouthed thank you to Mina then jumped down.

Jinyoung stands in front of the door, contemplating to knock on the door or not. Due to the conflicted mind he ended up sitting on his porch and just wish that his dad sensitive enough to notice him. 

Jinyoung is stil the same Jinyoung that reluctant to talk or even calling up his father, Mina who was watching Jinyoung by far rubs her nape, so that genius decided to stay outside the house Instead of getting it. she mumbles getting frustrated over Jinyoung silent war with his father. 

Early in the morning Jinyoung heard that his father seems busy inside the house, he is preparing to go to work, Jinyoung decided to pretend asleep. 

Not long after, Jinyoung father came out and surprised when he found Jinyoung on his porch, he bend his body slightly and shakes Jinyoung's body gently. Jinyoung groans and act annoyed as he rubs his eyes and stretch his body. 

"Have you been drinking?" his father already had that judgment eyes.

"Do you smell any alchohol from me?" Jinyoung asked back.

Jinyoung's father nodded upon agreeing that his son is 100% sober, but he just don't know why on earth does he slept outside. 

"Why are you sleeping outside? People will think i'm kicking you out" his father said it half whining.

"I lost my key." 

"You can just call me."

"I don't want to wake you up."

"Stop being ridicilous. Don't you have school today?" 

"Yes, school.."

"Then what are you waiting for? Go inside and clean up!"

Does it count as an invitation, Jinyoung thinks, he get up from his seat and pray that he'll able to get inside or it will be very awkward for him to asked to be invited.

Jinyoung foot passed the door smoothly, he feel relief , he smiles until the wrinkle around his eyes are showing, that just how happy he is. 

"Oh, Dad!" he called his father that is about to enter his car.

"Good - morning?" he continued his word, making his father tilt his head slightly and frowns. "I mean, have a nice day?" he said again, an unsure expression is seen on his face. "Becareful? Hwaiting!" he ended it as he closed the door. 

Jinyoung's father can't help but to smile, it's the first time Jinyoung ever said nice thing to him since his mother died. 

-

It's been a week since Jinyoung adjusted to his hybrid self, Mina is being a great help for Jinyoung, she's been training him, getting him ready for a combat.

Although Sana hates the idea of Jinyoung hanging out with Mina, but she knew it is what's best for Jinyoung. Tonight is the fullmoon night, Jaebum will go to the lakehouse with his father. 

Bambam is tagging along with Mina and Jinyoung, serving Mina is his duty but he came because also Sana asked him to keep an eye on them. Three of them are now sitting on the grill, enjoying their dinner like any normal human. 

"So, Jinyoung, you're not going to use your power to compelled your Dad to tell you what happened with your Mom?" Bambam asked before he bite his burger.

"I was tempted , but I don't think it's the right thing to do." 

"How cute, a hybrid that concern on what's right and wrong!" Mina said sarcastically. 

Jinyoung shrugged and sip on his coke. "I'd like to keep my humane side alive in me, thank you!"

Not long after Nayeon came inside the grill along with Mark, she smiles ear to ear as she speaks with him, Mark then excuses himself as he needs to start his shift. Nayeon saw Mina and waves at her, Mina smiles and gesturing her to join the table. 

Nayeon went to sit next to Mina and attack her fries as soon as she sat down. 

"Oh look at you!" Mina teased, "Mark Sunbae, really?" she said again.

Nayeon only grins and takes another bite of Mina's fries. 

"Why? You and Jinyoung Oppa ~ You two seems to get along very very well these day hhm?" Nayeon nudges Mina's shoulder and gives a teasing look to Jinyoung.

Jinyoung laughs lightly and shakes his head.  He then shove his burger plate to Nayeon's direction, telling her to eat it. "I'll order another one."

Nayeon smiles and takes a bite of the burger, "I'm so hungry! I was acting to not hungry at all while I'm accompanying Mark Oppa!"

"What you were doing with him anyway?" Jinyoung asked, sounding abit upset. 

"Oh, he said the Grill are going to throw a costume party to celebrate the eclipsed night! So we went to print the poster and he also take me to the costume store!" she answered excitedly, "Guess what my costume will be? I'm going to be Rose! And guess who's my Jack? Mark Oppa!" she said.

"Please don't tell me it's the Rose and Jack from Titanic?" Mina whines.

"Whyy?? It was a masterpiece! And their love story is..."

"Tragic" Bambam cut  Nayeon's word earing a deadly glare from Nayeon. "Tragically.. Romantic?" he corrected himself.

"Why can't you be happy with the progress I made with Mark Oppa?" Nayeon pouts.

Mina turns her head to Nayeon and looks into her eyes. "Are you really into Mark Sunbae or because you have other motive?" 

"Mina!" Jinyoung glare at her when he knew she is compelling Nayeon.

"At first, I really like Mark Oppa, but today I went out with him because I am upset with you and Jinyoung Oppa. You two seems to spent alot of time together without counting me in, I am hurt but I won't say that to you."

Mina and Jinyoung exchanged looks, "Mina, don't.." Jinyoung said.

"Why? You don't even like him."

"I like him, since a long time ago."

"Then why didn't you say anything about this to him?"

"Because I know, he don't want to ruined his friendship with Jaebum Oppa."

"Then, what if he wants to be with you, will you accepted him?"

"Mina!" Jinyoung grunt as he grab on Mina's wrist telling her to stop.

"You like him, It will make me a bad friend if I ever get together with him."

"Forget about Me and Jaebum. Just think about yourself and answer the question."

"Discarding you and Jaebum Oppa.." Nayeon paused.

"Yes, I will accepted him." she continued. 

"Okay Nayeon, you will forget our previous conversation and you are so hungry that you'll eat until you full."

Mina shook Jinyoung's hands off from her, "You're welcome" she said to him.

"Sana should really put back that vervain ring to her!" Jinyoung mumbles.

Jinyoung then grab her hand and pulls her away with him, he bring her outside the grill. Nayeona and Bambam only watching those two in silent. 

"Don't ever do that again to Nayeon!" 

"Or what? Huh?"

"Can you just- being human around her?" 

"That's what you wanted to heard isn't it? You know the truth now!" 

"So what? What will happened if I finally found out what i wanted to know?! I stil can't be with her!" 

"Stop being a freaking chicken and spill your guts to her!" 

"I can't Okay! She can't be with a hybrid, like me!" 

"It won't matters! Her brother will howling by this midnight!" 

"It matters! Because she is a human, and I'd like to keep her that way." 

"It's not your decision to make."

"Are you going to compelled her again and ask does she prefer become her kind or stay as human?!" 

"It did cross my mind.. but I think I know why you're upset" Mina said it calmly as she scans on Jinyoung's confused looks.

"It's not because you're a hybrid, but because she is a human. You know that you'll life forever." she said again. 

"And you know if she ever turn into a wolf, you have zero chance to be with her. Either way , you'll lose her."

"No, it's not! You know nothing about me!" 

"I don't have to, I can see it in your eyes. I've been there , on your position. Fell in love with a human who's heart is pure. And you just don't want to ruin it so you just pull yourself away." 

"Stop it."

"Well, just in case you need a partner for life, You can always count on me!" she ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter