Bambam and Yugyeom

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the first day of freshman year in highschool when Bambam met Yugyeom. Classes were over, Bambam was about to leave the school premises when he decided to take a stroll in his new school. He went in every corner of the school to find some place he can claim for his own. It's just been weeks since Lisa left and somehow, Bambam still felt empty and had a bit of trouble looking for a new friend especially when everyone in class seems to have their buddy or something while his only friend left him just a few weeks ago.

His school was damn big and it was already dark when he ended up in an empty old gym. The school was newly renovated then and had some new facilities like the gym but that one was a lot smaller and definitely older. This could be it, he thought to himself. No one would like to spend time in an old dusty gym when a new and air-conditioned one is there. What seems like just twilight a while ago turned into pitch black of the night in an instant. It was very dark inside the gym, only the light from the moon slipping in into one of the big windows guided him inside.

He went slowly inside, making small quiet steps.

But the same light of the moon scared the out of him when he saw something moving under the moonlight; he felt all of the hair in his body stood when he found another shadow approaching him. He thought he was in some horror flick. The shadow stops whenever he stops walking and moves when he started moving.

He stopped for what felt like forever. If it wasn't a ghost, he thought to himself, it will move. But it seems like the shadow was waiting too.

He stood there frozen, not knowing what to do.

Until from his back, he heard someone locking the gates of the gym.

He didn't know what to do, when he noticed someone was there, he quickly shout at the top of his lungs.

"HELP!" he was frantic. But what scared him more is that someone shouted too—at the same time that he did, shouted the same word.

"Who's there?" the man from the gate shouted as he pans his flashlight inside the gym right where Bambam is standing.

Bambam was almost blinded by the light from the flashlight so he stepped away a bit and when he turned where the flashlight is pointing, he was even more scared when he saw a slender and tall man in front of him—who is just as shocked as he was.

"AHHH!!!" Bambam and the man screamed as they both ran to the gate, bumping and pushing each other along the way.

It was only when they reached the gate and was under proper lighting did Bambam noticed that it wasn't the slender man or any scary figure but instead an extremely tall boy who's probably just the same age as him.

And as much as the experience almost took his sanity away, it was something he would thank God for in the following days because that slender boy became his newfound best friend.

Later on, Bambam found out he is Yugyeom and he’s from his year but from a different class. Turns out, the old gym is off limits to students but since that night they became friends with the gym’s guard who allows them to stay over at the gym granted that everything is still intact when they leave.

It sounds lame but, if not for Yugyeom, Bambam wouldn’t have survived high school.

***

The two got off the bus at their stop. A few meters of walking and they arrived at the convenience store a few blocks away from Bambam’s house where they leave their bikes in the morning.

Bambam was ready to pedal away when Yugyeom grabbed his arm.

“Hey, I thought we’re stopping by the kebab place?” Yugyeom asked. He knew it was a dumb question knowing that Bambam is meeting Lisa and he has never been so eager to go home.

“Let’s eat kebabs some other time. They’re probably at home now. Just go grab dinner at our place. My mom probably prepared a feast or something.” Bambam answered.

“Nah. It’s fine. My mom’s probably waiting for me too and I don’t want to be a bother to you reunion with your childhood girlfriend.” Yugyeom said.

Bambam groaned. “Come on. I should introduce you guys too. Wow. My two best friends in one place. This is probably the best day of my life.” He added a bit too enthusiastically.

“Hm ok—“ Yugyeom was cut off by his phone ringing. It was his mom probably frantic the he’s still not home. “Pass. My mom’s freaking out again.”

Bambam just shrugged. He was ready to pedal again when he noticed something’s off with his bike.

He got off and bent down to check.

“What’s wrong?” Yugyeom asked turning around.

“Fu—“ Bambam exhaled in annoyance. “Flat tire!” He almost threw his bike in annoyance. Of all the days that his bike would mess up, why now? When all he wanted is to be at home and meet Lisa?

“You’ve got the worst luck.” Yugyeom chuckled. “Come on.”

Yugyeom reversed, stopping in front of Bambam, offering him a ride.

Bambam did a quick shout at the convenience store’s owner telling her that he’ll just come back for his bike tomorrow before hoping in behind Yugyeom.

It was as if they’re in some action movie speeding up to save a damsel in distress. But it’s the reality and in reality, no matter how big Yugyeom is, it’s still hard for him to pedal for the two of them.

“Faster, Gyeom!” Bambam demanded.

Yugyeom groaned before stopping with his feet. “Why don’t you try it?!” He was a bit annoyed.

“I would but you’re so much bigger than me we’ll probably be even slower.” Bambam answered. “Just please. I’ll treat you kebab some time, I promise!”

Yugyeom can never say no to kebab. “You should thank the heavens you’re my best friend.”

After about an hour—regular time by bike should’ve been less than thirty minutes—they’ve arrived at Bambam’s place.

“Thanks man.” Bambam said attempting to kiss Yugyeom in the cheek.

Yugyeom pushed him away too dramatically. “Gross! Remember you owe me!”

Bambam quickly ran to the door only to remember that he lost his keys.

Yugyeom was about to go when he noticed his best friend in another crisis. “What now?”

“My keys. I left it.”

“You’re so hopeless.” Yugyeom said as Bambam bents down and flips every pot of plant in their porch.

“What the heck are you doing?” Yugyeom asked puzzled.

“I know my sister keeps her keys somewhere here.” Bambam muttered.

“Well, ever heard about the thing called knocking?” Yugyeom said impatiently as he knocks at the door gently.

“It’s probably Bambam!” They heard someone from inside announced.

In a fraction of a second, the door swings open and before he knew it, hundreds of confetti are flying above Yugyeom’s head.

“What the f—“ Yugyeom said under his breath.

“Welcome home, Bambam!” A girl greeted.

It’s Lisa. Bambam haven’t seen her face fully yet but he’s sure it is her. Nobody but else but Lisa. Besides, who else would throw confetti and welcome him home grandly in his own house?

“Bambam?” Lisa repeated as the confetti slowly fall down revealing that the boy in front of him is not Bambam and some slender, extremely talk boy she has never seen before. She gasped in horror

Beside them, watching the chaos that Lisa brought herself into, Bambam started chuckling.

“You’re still a dummy.” Bambam said, that is when Lisa turned her head to him.

Lisa’s eyes g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter