Chapter one: First day

Cold hearts melts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

K walks through the long corridor that is literally goes through the whole buidling, girl- and boy bathrooms at the end of it, in search for her dorm room. She has one of the guard with her that is watching the 'dorm building'  as it is called to make sure people cannot enter during school hours, following them there if they forgot something needed for school. 17... 17... 17... Ah! She stops as she reads the big, black numbers craved into the dark brown door. The guard opens the door with her key and when K decides which side she wants, she climbs up the letter and leaves her baggage next the bed. When she walks out of the room with her backpack on, she is given the key by the guard with a nametag hanging from the key ring saying 'room 17'. She thanks the guard who smiles at her in return before telling her to lock the room, an order which she immediately obeys.

"Never forget to lock the door, okey? You never know." She warns. K nods, feeling slightly uneasy by the warning. Then again there are always students that can just walk into someone else's dorm room, eiyher for no apparent reason or to stel somethin. Like tge guard said, you never know. When they are outside the building, the two bid each otger good bye before K starts walking towards the gigantic building she will be spening most of her awaken hours in.

K halts, grabbing onto the railing opposite the big brown gates with her slightly shaky right hand. tightens and breath quickens as she stares at the brown metall-handles. These handles will open the doors to a new start, into a world where she can start over and hopefully begin a new, better life. She turns to look at the mountain far away. The airport is behind there somewhere, the airport where she first put her foot onto this land, her first step in South Korea's capital. Seoul. Her mind travels back to her home, her parents and her older sister with her boyfriend and child back in her homeland. Any life is better than the one she has had in the past. She sighs as she turns back to look at the gates only to be startled by the students that is now walking in and out of them. She sighs, her train of thoughts appearently made her completely unaware of her surroundings. This is something that happens now and then, but it startles her every time to come back to reality. This time though, the sudden movement and loud voices around her indicates that she must have been deeper in thoughts than she usually becomes when thinking. A few students laughs at her shocked face, staring wide-eyed at the people walking in and out of the gates in front of her, while a few just looks at her like she is a crazy person. K does not care though, she is used to these looks and has grown to ignore them.

She squeezes her way into the building, passing the staircase and the doorframe into the white room, reading the sign on her right. 'The gathering hall' it says. As K shifts her attention to the room in font of her to begin to explore the gigantic school, her jaw drops. The shiny white foor and the white wooden walls makes the room look like one from a palace in a fairytale. A circle in the middle of the room that is made entirely of glass, as it turns out when K walks up to it, shows a part of the liberary downstairs with brown, wooden chelfs, a big table in the same material full of people busy reading books. As she looks up, she notices that the light is not coming from a lamp but from the sun itself. She stares at the windows in the ceiling, amazed by the beauty of the deccorations hanging down from it. Thin strands of small, weak light blue lights with decorations such as stars and circles are reaching down from the ceiling to the exact spot where the floor above her stops. It is beautiful, like those golden branch-looking decorations in Beauty and The Beast. This place does not only look like something out of a fairytale, it feels like she is in one.

She pulls her schedule out and reads the information about her first lesson. 8:10am. Mr. Choi. Classroom 106. Got it! She slowly starts walking around the school halls, exploring the floor, and soon she forgets all about classes and time. When she has made her way around the whole first floor she stops at the wide doorframe of the circle-formed corridor. She is back at the big room she first entered, the gathering hall. When she looks to her right to end the exploring of the first floor, she immediately reads the sign on a door, almost like a reflex of hers. "Prioritize your classes". This reminds K of something. The fact that her class starts 8:10am. She quickly roams her pockets for her phone and checks the time as soon as it is in her hand. 8:03 am. Her eyes grows wide, her grip around her phone tightens in panic as she starts running around the school. She asks a few people where classroom 106 is but most students just ignores her. This only triggers her panic even more. As she finally gives up after running another lap through the corridor, she sits down on a red wooden bench in the middle of the corridor and rests her face in her hands. She picks up her phone and reads the time. 8:06am. A tear escapes her right eye as she thinks about how her first impression at the school will be. A crazy person who skips classes. Great slogan, is it not? A low huff of amusement escapes her as she aggressively whipes the tear away. She is determined to not be a crybaby on her first day. She sighs as she starts to think about her current situation again. Of course this would happen, she has never been the lucky type of person. The sound if people talking slowly dies down as doors are slammed shut and soon, it is quiet. Almost, because she can hear a guy talk loud and clear, his dark voice full of excitement echoing through the hall. The voice grows louder, indicating that he is walking in her direction. She could not care less though, she is too busy beating herself up for being so mesmerized by the school's beautiful. Suddenly, the wiggles which means that someone has taken a seat on it.

"Hi there." A familiar voice says. It is that voice that echoed through the halls just a minute ago.  "Skipping first period, are we?" The voice continues in a teasing manner. She shakes her head, still covering her face with her hands.

"I can't find my classroom..." She mumbles, her face heats up in emberassment as a dark chuckle is heard, probably the friend this guy was talking to before. A thun is heard and a groan but she ignores it, they are probably those guys who jokes are "friendly bullying each other". This is when a surprising fact hits her that makes her tense up slightly. She is talking to a guy, a guy she does not even know at that. She has never, not in her twenty years of living, done such a thing. She is becoming nervous, anxious and even a bit afraid as soon as this sinks in. What if they will just walk away? What if they refuse to help her too?

"Well, you talked to her. Can we just go now?" A dark, raspy voice says. K feels something tighten inside her stomach, she can not remember the last time a voice has made her feel like this. She could probably listen to this guy talk all day without getting tired. Her brain is craving to see the owner of that voice and without being able to control it, K is suddenly looking into a pair of brown orbs that makes her feel like they are consuming her whole being. His thin but sharp eyes, his perfectly shaped, not to forget sharp, jawline, his somehow perfectly formed nose and his thin pink lips. This must be the most beautiful face she has ever seen. His blue hair is somehow only making him even more attractive.

K jolts when something hard is pressed onto her arm and she whips her head to her right to see a guy with blond hair with a really cute eye-smile that makes his eyes become two thin lines, a pair of plumb lips forming a warm smile and fluffy cheeks. The owner of the dark voice echoing through the corrid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter