Where are we going?

In Love with a Killer

"Wait, before we leave, can you do me a favor by strike some pose? It's too beautiful to not take pictures with". She nods and turns around. We are in a dock. There are some boats or yachts in the sea, far from where we are. She's practicing her pose while I'm changing my camera set, it's an analog.

"So.. should I pose like usual tourist?" She smiles while posing like she is holding a boat.

"Yeah.. that'll do".

"You don't have to kneel. Just stand there. I think I got it".

"Oh okay".

"I got it. Let's go wherever you want to go"

"We can't retake the photos if I look bad, can we? The view looks beautiful though" You're beautiful. Always, to me.

She smiles and we are going for a ride.

____

____

It's been 10 minutes since I'm driving and we are still in silence. Only the old music player playing something I would guess a 60s music. That's nothing like her genre. She is always a fan of R&B music. She said herself old music doesn't speak the present. I agree with it but in some songs they do. She's jamming and humming to the songs. 

"Is this your car?" I try to break the silence. She lowers the music volume and look at me.

"Yes, I have the key! Of course it's mine. Do you need the license, officer?" She opens the dashboard and there are stacks of paper inside. She's still like that, unorganised. I had always cleaning her mess.

I nod and smile.

"You know, you sound the same, as the other day. In fact, you sound the same as always, still no change". Her words hits me. Suddenly I feel a twirl and anger inside me. She always speaks everything she wants. Her bluntness, it's what got us fight all the time.

"Five years". She opens the car windows and mouthing 'what' to me. I don't know what's on her mind, it's cold, this car doesn't have a heater either.

"Would you close the window? It's cold".

"What?!"

"It took me five years to sound okay and as the same  as before you left so now close the damn windows!" I can hear my voice echoing in side the car. She startled and closes the windows. 

"I'm sorry. I don't know what to say". Of course you do, you just don't want to do it. As things not about you, you would never listen to me. You're self-centered person. A bad traits you always lie to yourself.

But it's been so long that I wonder honestly, if you have switched it up. Your messy and ego sides. Or if you will always be that person who could have changed.

"Woah, the fuel tank is almost empty. I think we need to refuel. Also some sandwiches?" She asks me to pull over at the nearest gas station.

"Can you buy the sandwiches? I will fill up the tank". I go inside the store and pick some sandwiches.

"Does she still like tuna? or bacon? Whatever, just buy both, stupid". I pay for the food and walking toward her, still filling the tank.

"It takes a while to fill the tank?"

"Yeah kinda" I take my camera and try to get candid photos of her, but she was a model, she notices the eye.

"No, no, no. I look really bad"

"Too late, I got it already". The car gets fueled and we are ready to ride again, but this time, she will drive.

____

____

 

"Can you wait for a second? I forgot to buy some drinks" 

I run back to the store and get some mineral bottles. The cashier looks at me and Sulli's car.

"Is that your car bro?" He asks me while swiping my e-cash card.

"My friend's. It's kind of old, I know. But I think she likes vintage". The cashier gives me a flyer about a wanted person. Girl, black long hair, driving in old honda car. My heart is racing. The descriptions for her clothes and car are exactly match to her.

"Well, the car plate is same as the flyer. I think I have to call the police". I don't know what is happening, but I feel like we needed to go right now.

"Don't bother we are fine. Thank you". I snap the cashier's hand from the telephone, grab the bottles and run to the car.

"Go, go, go right now. We have to go. GO!" Without asking and looking hesitant, she drives the car fast. As fast as she can.

"What happened at the store?" She asks calmly, half assed joking. She does that when she nervous.

"YOU tell me what's happening. You called me out of the blue. Asked me to come to this countryside and a cashier from nowhere place just called police on us. Also, congrats your face is in prints AGAIN". I throw the flyer at top of the dashboard and she takes it. Read the flyer and throw it out of the window.

"Whoever that is, that isn't me".

"BUT YOU HAVE THE CAR? SULLI--HOW'S THIS.. OH MY GOD. IT'S LIKE ALL OVER AGAIN". I smack my head to the dashboard. Why would I think she might have changed.

"OKAY OKAY. I don't know what to do! This guy I met at the club, he said I could borrow his car to see you, but later than I know he's an addict and told me to buy drugs for him, so I left him at the motel".

"Why didn't you just call the police?! Why did you call me? Why did you have always put me through everything?!" She brakes suddenly, make me jump from my seat.

"Because I thought you would understand! Nobody gets me!" She puts her head on the steering wheel. I hear her sobbing. 

"But you don't get me. You never did. You said you loved me but you left me. I was you know, I can't continue with my group, the company, I live on my insurance, every weekend I had I spent it on group theraphy and talking to a psych. You hurt me, Sulli. All you ever did, was hurting me."

"Are you giving up on us?" 

"No, I don't give up on us. I only need you to changed and listen to me. But you never were, there never was me in your life" She's still crying, looking down. I checked the whole car, there are some bottles of alcohol. I can't trust her words just now about everything, but I can't leave her like this. I will end it. Enough with this crap.

"Look at me, I will tell you something serious. You need to listen". I touch her face, so small and warm. Her cheeks are naturally red and her auburn eyes looks so clear. How could someone be this beautiful, even when she's crying.

"Living life like this, running away, with strangers and all the drinks, is always going to be a life without longevity. I love you, babe. Always love you.. but I can't do this with you anymore. It took me 5 years to go through all of this, but I did it. You can't keep living like this. Wasting your life away".

"You will be there for me? Until I get where you are right now?"

"I promise". She smiles and hugs me tight. We changed seats and I'm driving. We agreed to return the car to the police.

Finally, we are going home.