When you love someone you...

when you love someone you...

Woohyun never thought it would get to this point. Two years ago at the start of their relationship, Sunggyu always smiled at him and made sure to do little things like letting him press the elevator button (Woohyun loved making the buttons light up) to make him happy. Because a happy Woohyun equaled a happy Sunggyu. The dimples that were reserved for only Woohyun's biggest of smiles was what he sought out from the minute he woke up down to the second his head hit the pillow- so he always let him click buttons that light up.

But now, Woohyun wasn't Sunggyu's source of happiness and all these little things went away one by one. Sunggyu stopped smiling at Woohyun.

It started with being scolded for calling him as "gyu-ie" instead of hyung. Woohyun just smiled sheepishly, bowed his head, and apologized with a "Sunggyu hyung" leaving his lips. That night Sunggyu came home later than usual, stumbling through the front door with loud clumsy stomps and reeking of whatever alcohol he had gotten ahold of.

"Sunggyu?" 

The drunk man looked up at Woohyun and smiled before throwing up all over the carpet they bought to celebrate their moving in together.

He dropped the blanket he had wrapped around his shoulders from sitting on the couch waiting for the now passed out man (it had been colder than usual in their apartment for weeks then) and ran to pick the mumbling man from laying in a pile of his own vomit. "Woohyun?.....so cold.........want.... sleep..." His arm shot out to keep him from rolling in the pile more than he already had and sighed before picking him up, ignoring the gross stuff on his arm, and going to the bathroom to clean up the mess he made. Setting him on the toilet seat and turning the lights on, Woohyun really got a good luck at the man he loved and he felt his heart begin to hurt. It was like physical pain looking at Sunggyu then, peacefully asleep with cuts and bruises all over his face and throw up running out of his nose. He didn't have time for the tears that had formed in his eyes so Woohyun picked up a rag and got to work cleaning Sunggyu's battered face up, making sure to be gentle as to not wake him up from his sudden sleep. Stepping back he inspected his face to make sure it was perfectly clean and lugged the still asleep man to bed, taking his shoes and socks off, making sure he was comfortable. He turned around to take care of the carpet and it took everything in him not to throw up at the smell but he stuck through it, scrubbing the carpet to cleaner than it was when they bought it. Sighing for maybe the 30th time since the loud bangs on the door started half an hour ago, Woohyun made his way back to bed ready to sleep off and hopefully forget about this experience but what he didn't expect to find was Sunggyu awake sitting up in bed with tears making his whole body shake. A look of concern and reflected-pain immediately flashed on Woohyun's face and for the second time that night, he ran to catch Sunggyu in his arms.

"Hey hey Sunggyu please calm down i'm right here" This only made him cry harder and Woohyun's shirt began to become soaked with tears as the man underneath him reached out and clutched onto him tighter than he'd felt in months.

"I'm sorry."

That next morning when Woohyun brought Sunggyu a glass of water and tried to coax him awake with a drawn "gyu-ie" the covers were quickly thrown back and an angry set of sharp eyes found his and his low voice rang out loud and clear despite being an angry whisper, "I told you not to call me that." Woohyuns eyes grew twice their size as he started to apologize with "Sunggyu i'm-" "I told you it's hyung" Sunggyus voice echoed this time, words being spoken loud and clear as he reached his legs down from bed and began to get dressed. "Wh-where are you going?" The same hard eyes looked up at the timid and guilty voice and just scorned at the man before him. "Out."

Sunggyu didn't come home after that for three days and when he did he brought with him flowers, a sad smile, and a stream of constant yet somehow still dissacociated "i'm sorry's." All Woohyun could do was just nod and smile back, accept his hugs and apopologies, and offer some in return- he knew he could be aggravating and should be more conscious to Sunggyu's feelings so he held the white roses tight as he stuffed his face into the curve of his apologetic boyfriend. And that's when he saw the purples and blues sticking out of his collar and the white roses he was holding fell. He felt a hum run through the body he was holding onto and long fingers reached up to run through his shaggy blonde hair as a voice nothing like the one from three mornings ago spoke into his ear, tickling the smaller man. "I'm really sorry hyunnie. I'll make it all right soon just know that I love you" And again, all Woohyun could do was smile nod and hug him back. How could he not? He loved him after all.