003

Happyends Are Just An Illusion

I must have fallen asleep again. A gentle nudge woke me up. It took me a few seconds to adjust my eyes and come back to reality. When I was finally awake enough to realize that my head was rested against the shoulder of Mark, I jumped in my seat and started to ramble.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry Mark! I didn't want to..." My voice trailed off when my eyes landed on a different face than expected. "Wait, you're not Mark." I said confused.

"No, I'm Yugyeom." He chuckled.

I looked around and found Mark across the aisle a seat behind us. He was sitting next to one of his friends that I didn't know the name of, but I recognized him as the one who broke off the two youngest earlier. Jackson was back in his seat beside Jinyoung and before us was that Thai boy and the last of their group.

"We are landing soon. I wanted to wake you." Yugyeom said slowly, thinking about every word before carefully pronouncing it.

"Oh, thanks. And sorry." I mumbled and straightened my posture. I was pretty sure there was a furious blush covering my cheeks.

When the plane started to lean forwards I started to sink my hands into the hem of my sweater again. My whole body tensed up. Yugyeom looked at me and gave me an encouraging smile. I sent him a strained one back and took deep breaths through my mouth.

It took only about 10 minutes and the plane had landed. When the wheels touched the ground and the machine shook for a second I couldn't keep myself from letting out a small squeak. It was embarassing, especially when I noticed Yugyeom holding back his laughter.

I let my hair fall down in front of my face to hide my once again flaming red cheeks. It took another few minutes for the plane to park in the reserved spot and I remained seated until almost all the people from the first class department were gone.

When I wanted to get my carry on bag from the overhead compartment, a hand reached out and got it down before I even had the chance to stretch my short arm.

I turned around and came face to face with Yugyeom again. He was freakishly tall in comparison to my rather short 5"5'. I felt the blood rush back to my cheeks again. It was rather embarrassing.

"I'm sorry for laughing at you." He said apologetically and bowed deep before me.

I had heard about how in asian culture respect was the most important thing and how they bowed for greetings and goodbyes and almost everything else but it was still strange to have this tall young man almost fold himself in half in front of me.

"No no, please, it's okay. No big deal." I rushed out and pleaded silently for him to straighten up before anyone caught us in this situation.

He flashed me another smile before following his friends out of the plane.

I sighed quietly and shouldered my bag before making my way out of the machine and down the gangway.

I quickly went through pass control and made my way to the baggage disposal. I put my backpack between my feet and shifted my weight to the right. I knew my luck and judging from previous experiences I guessed that my suitcase would be one of the last to come out.

I was right. One after the other passengers got their suitcases from the conveyor belt and left while I was still standing rooted in my spot. The seven guys from the plane stood a bit further down the hall, all of them had either put on a snapback or their hood and wore big sunglasses. The men who I thought looked like bodyguards were surrounding them and seemed to be securing the area.

I lifted one of my eyebrows in wonder. Were these boys some kind of celebrities? But Mark just said they were friends who worked and lived together. For me, celebrities always lived on their own in a huge villa somewhere in a big city. But from what I've been told, I guessed that they were living in a dorm or something like that. That was such an un-celebrity-ish thing in my head. I couldn't make sense of that.

When my suitcase finally arrived, I heaved it down and made my way through the sliding doors. In the waiting hall I was met with a hundred people holding signs and shouting loudly. Confused I made my way through these people and noticed it were mostly girls in their tennager years.

I sneaked a glance at some of the signs and recognized the names written on them. Jackson, Bambam, Jinyoung. Pictures of their faces were glued next to their names and foreign symbols were painted on as well.

Apparently those seven guys were celebrities. And quite well known here in LA as well. Suddenly the noise rose up and the shouts turned to screams. I could make out one of the guys' names every now and then.

Thankfully I was almost through the crowd of people because they started shoving each other and pushing to the front to get a better view of the seven boys. I weaved through the last rows of girls before finally being able to walk freely again.

I threw a glance back and saw the bodyguards trying to make way for their protegees but it wasn't that easy and they struggled a lot. Meanwhile the boys kept their heads down but sometimes shot a smile and a small wave to their fans which made the crowd go crazy and scream even louder.

I shook my head and left the chaotic airport. Once outside I took a deep breath. When I left Atlanta, it was rather cold, even for the beginning of November but here in LA it was an endless summer. I slid my arms out of my cardigan and folded it carelessly before shoving it into my backback.

I stepped out into the sun and let my eyes take in the sight of a cloudless blue sky, the palmtrees and the bustling city. People were streaming in an out of the airport and stealing each others cabs. It was rather funny to watch someone waving for a taxi and then another person was faster and jumped in before taking off to god knows where. It was then that I realized that maybe I would share the same fortune as the people swearing and shouting after their stolen taxi.

Sighing, I grapped the handle of my suitcase and waved for a cab myself. As soon as one approached, I rushed over and got in before someone had the chance to steal it from me. Smiling triumphantly, I told the driver my hotel's address and off he drove into the chaotic traffic through the huge city.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,welcome back and I'm sorry...

The last few weeks were a rollercoaster for me. And I didn't really have time to go online.

But here it finally is, chapter 3!

I hope you enjoyed reading it and I hope, I won't need another 6 weeks to update again.