Marry Me, Wise Girl

"Marry Me, Wise Girl"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~A/N:

My first attempt at a Percy Jackson universe fic...

For my little brother.

 

“Ok, I can do this,” Percy whispered to himself as he looked at himself in the mirror. He was dressed up in a black suit with a blue tie and his hair was brushed back and overall he looked really nice. The reason he was dressed up was because he was at Olympus along with many other demigods. They were all there at a banquet which was being held in celebration of having once again saved the world from certain doom. In Percy’s opinion this type of festivity was long overdue as he’d been saving the world since he was basically twelve. Seriously, when would he catch a break from saving the world? Hopefully soon as he was ready to settle down...if only he could gather up the nerves to ask one critical question to a certain somebody.

“I can totally do this,” Percy said again trying to convince himself, but he could feel the nervousness in his whole body. He pulled out the velvet box in his pocket and opened it to make sure the ring was still in there. He sighed in relief when he found it set perfectly in the box, the diamond glistening white. He had brought the diamond ring over a month ago but hadn’t found the time or the courage to finally pop the question. Rather he spent the whole month just trying to make sure he didn’t lose the box. “This isn’t a big deal..I can do it.” Percy whispered to himself once more trying to calm himself.

“What isn’t a big deal?” Someone asked startling Percy who whirled around to see Grover and Jason enter the bathroom.

“Um...nothing,” Percy mumbled trying to calm down his racing heart and hide the ring, but it was too late.

“Wait! Is that a ring! Omg! Are you finally proposing to Annabeth?!” Grover exclaimed racing forward to get a good look at the ring.

“Aw, you’re really going to do it? Wow man, good luck!” Jason said whistling. Percy groaned closing the box and putting away the ring. “I can’t do this.” He whined.

“What do you mean you can’t?” Grover asked giving Percy a confused look.

“How am I supposed to propose to her? What if she says no? What do I do then?” Percy asked rhetorically as he began to panic, though deep inside he knew those fears were unfounded. Annabeth loved Percy and he loved her so this should go smoothly but still...what if?

“Calm down dude!” Jason said placing his hands on Percy’s shoulders and making the other look him in the eyes.

“You know you’re being unrealistic. Annabeth is totally going to say yes most likely. All you gotta do is go out there and pop the question.” Jason said.

“Yea, he’s right Percy. Besides even if she does reject you, it’s not the end of the world. I mean we already stopped that from happening a few years back.” Grover joked but apparently, all that did was make Percy more nervous. Percy groaned as he pulled away from Jason and crouched down with his head hidden in his hands. He looked utterly devastated. Jason glared at Grover mouthing a ‘not cool’ and Grover shrugged looking very apologetic.

“Hey, guys what’s taking you so long?” Leo asked as he entered the restroom. He took in the scene before him with furrowed eyebrows before moving closer to Jason and whispering, “what’s wrong with Percy?”

“He’s going to propose to Annabeth,” Grover answered for Jason and they heard Percy groan again saying he couldn't do it.

“Ohhh...but why can’t you?” Leo asked confused.

“She’s gonna say no and then we’ll be over and I’m going to be lonely for the rest of my life,” Percy mumbled being overdramatic.

“...That’s ridiculous.” Leo said and began laughing. Percy shot him a glare and huffed.

“Seriously though he’s not wrong. You’re being ridiculous. Annabeth loves you, you two are so in love it’s kind of disgusting.” Jason said rolling his eyes.

“I agree. But it’s also cute.” Grover chimed in.

“Yea, you’re an act that’s quite hard to follow. Though I think Calypso and I have gotten really close, maybe we’ll surpass you one of these days.” Leo boasted, grinning widely.

“Nah, Pipes and I are the second best if we’re going to say Percabeth is the first, which is still debatable” Jason argued. Percy groaned again and said, “None of you are any help.”

“Oi, all the girls are getting worried that you guys aren’t returning,” Frank called out as he came into the restroom as well.

“We’re trying to help Percy man up and propose,” Leo explained.

“Oh?” Frank said raising an eyebrow.

“Keyword trying, ” Percy muttered shaking his head. “Maybe I should just wait.”

“I mean...if that’s what you want. But I don’t see why you’re so nervous. She’s obviously going to say yes.” Frank responded shrugging.

“How are you all so sure about that?” Percy whined.

“Like we said, you both are so in love it’s disgusting at times,” Leo repeated.

“It’s not disgusting. I think it’s sweet and so does Hazel.” Frank murmured.

“Of course Hazel would be like that, she’s kinda old fashioned and Percy and Annabeth do have a great love story. I’m sure it will be told for many generations to come. Oh, imagine their children! They’d be so famous in the school back at the Roman camp! Oh wait, would the child of a demigod and another demigod be mortal? Or would they be a demigod too? I mean… ok, this is confusing.” Leo said trying to figure out the answer. The others decided to ignore him and focus on Percy who was giving them all weird looks.

“Just trust us on this Percy. Annabeth will say yes...probably” Jason assured.

“Yea, as unlikely as a match you two seemed it somehow worked out, I doubt it will fall apart now” Frank added while Grover patting Percy on the back.

“...why doesn’t that make me feel better?” Percy muttered.

“Guys, the girls are getting really worried and are about to barge in here if you don’t get back out there. Seriously what’s taking you so long anyway?” Nico asked as he strolled into the bathroom with Will following behind him. Now the bathroom was getting quite crowded with all these people here. Percy sighed and stood up dusting himself off.

“Let’s go,” Percy said heading towards the door.

“So are you proposing or not?” Leo asked following behind the elder.

“Wait you’re proposing?” Nico asked eyes widening.

“I don’t know! I was going to but now I’m not so sure. We’ll see I guess” Percy responded and then pushed the door open and went back outside to join in on the festivities. The others followed as well and they returned to the girls who visibly relaxed when they saw that their friends/lovers were ok.

“What took you so long seaweed brain? I thought maybe you’d gotten attacked by some monster again, even if that’s really unlikely.” Annabeth said taking a hold of Percy’s arm once he had returned. Percy gave her a tight smile while apologizing.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to make you worry. I was just nervous.” Percy replied.

“Nervous? About what?” Annabeth asked.

“Oh..um..nothing,” Percy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter