- Always -

Wherever, and with you

"I'm sleepy already, Chaeng"

 

 

Mina yawned as she rested her head on Chaeyoung's shoulder. It was a lazy, typical chilly evening and the two of them were cuddling on the couch, sharing a blanket while watching a movie. 

 

"Go to sleep then", Chaeyoung said, fixing the blanket over her girlfriend's shoulders and gently kissed her forehead, "It was a long day for you"

 

"It really was", another yawn left Mina's lips as she snuggled closer to Chaeyoung's body for warmth, eyes teary from the repeated yawns.

 

"Sweet dreams, Minari"

 

"You too, Chaeng"

 

A few minutes passed by before Mina spoke up again. 

 

"I can't sleep", Mina stirred in her place.

 

"Do you want to go to bed instead? Maybe turning off the light would help", Chaeyoung peeked down to look at Mina, who slowly raised her head to meet Chaeyoung's eyes. 

 

Mina looked tired. Her eyes were droopy and her face, a little pale. She's always been too tired with school works, so coming home to Chaeng in the evening was one of the few moments she gets to relax peacefully. 

 

Chaeyoung let her eyes linger on Mina for a while, and she couldn't help but smile at the sight.

 

"What?", Mina asked, her tired eyes trying to figure out Chaeyoung's thoughts when their gazes met. 

 

"Nothing", the cub said, tucking some strands of hair falling on Mina's face behind her ears, gazing at her with genuine affection, "You're just really beautiful"

 

"Eh??", Mina sank her face onto chaeyoung's chest in an attempt to hide her blush, "Geez Chaeng, you're so obsessed"

 

They both laughed, Chaeyoung hugging Mina's head against her chest and planted a kiss on the crown of her head. Mina loves kisses, especially on her crown for some reason, and the cub knows that well. 

 

The penguin got even more clingy, wrapping the smaller's lap with her leg and her arms firmly resting around Chaeyoung's waist, nuzzling her nose on the crook of the cub's neck.

 

"Bedtime story", Mina mumbled against Chaeyoung's neck, planting soft kisses in between, "Tell me one of your fabulous Greek myths again"

 

"I thought you find them boring", Chaeyoung replied, turning the t.v off to pay full attention to her ethereal being of a girlfriend, returning the other's hug with the same intensity.

 

"Exactly why I asked you to tell me"

 

"......"

 

"......"

 

"I'm kidding, baby!", Mina leaned up to press her lips against Chaeyoung's cheek, "I really want to hear them"

 

"...yknow what? Let me just... continue with the movie instead- ", Chaeyoung reached for the remote, lowkey teasing because she knew just how the penguin will react to it.

 

Mina pulled away a few centimeters to look at Chaeyoung in disbelief, "Yah,  Son Chaeyoung..."

 

Chaeyoung was internally cackling at the reaction but kept a straight face, pretending to have her eyes glued to the screen of the t.v. which wasn't even on.

 

"Are you really choosing a movie over me?", Mina threw a death glare at Chaeyoung, "Wow how sweet"

 

Chaeyoung turned her head to face Mina, trying to keep the straight face, "What? What are you talking about?"

 

Mina scoffed, "Fine"

 

She turned to face the other side, away from chaeyoung, pressing her forehead against the back of the couch where they were lying down.

 

Mina hogged all the blanket to herself in the process, revealing Chaeyoung to the cold weather of the night. 

 

The cub sat up immediately, "Hey!", she kept tugging on the edge of the blanket, but the penguin wouldn't even budge.

 

All Chaeyoung got was the glorious view of her girlfriend's shoulders and back, her jet black hair in a messy spur on the couch. There was something about Mina that made Chaeyoung feel all feelings which even herself didn't know how to describe. 

 

After a few more minutes, Chaeyoung gave up and lie down beside her beloved penguin again, arms resting under her head with a heavy sigh. 

 

"Do you still want to hear the story, Minari?", she asked, talking to the sulking penguin's back. 

 

"Enjoy the movie. I'm fine, thanks", Mina retorted, her voice slightly muffled by the couch's leather.

 

"Are you serious?"

 

"Quite serious, yeah. You prolly don't care anyway"

 

Chaeyoung let out a soft chuckle, adoring whatever Mina was doing. She knew she was too whipped. 

 

So, chaeyoung scooted closer to Mina, gently lifting Mina's head to slide her arm under for her to pillow, another arm in between the latter's warm abdomen and arm to hug her.

 

"Too bad, I'm gonna tell you anyway", Chaeyoung said, her warm breath hitting Mina's cold ear. 

 

Mina blushed again at the gesture, her back still facing Chaeyoung. She bit down on her bottom lip to stop the gummy grin from showing, but it was almost pointless.

 

Mina placed her hands on Chaeyoung's almost immediately, lacing their fingers together as she snuggled closer. 

 

"You're so ugly", Mina said in a weak attempt to not sound so happy. She stretched her legs down to tangle her's and Chaeyoung's together, "What the hell?! Your feet are freezing! Geez, you should've put on some socks in this kind of weather"

 

Chaeyoung laughed, "Okay calm down, Minari. I don't know where you keep them. This is a casual thing. Chill", she gently kissed Mina's shoulder.

 

"Shush. Come here", Mina finally turned around, throwing the blanket over the both of them, pressing her warm feet against Chaeyoung's cold ones in hopes to pass on some of her warmth under the blanket.

 

She sneaked her arms around Chaeyoung's neck, nuzzling her nose in the warmth of her skin, inhaling a lungful of her scent. 

 

Chaeyoung smiled, her deep dimples showing. She wrapped her arms around Mina's body, hugging her even closer to herself. 

 

"So which myth tonight, Chaeng?", Mina asked. 

 

"Eurydice and Orpheus?"

 

"Those are weird names"

 

"So is Myoui Minari"

 

"......"

 

"......"

 

"Son Chaeyoung, can you not- "

 

"Okay okay, I'm just kidding!"

 

______________________________

 

"You're cooking ramen?", Mina peeked her head out from behind the kitchen partition, rubbing the leftover sleepiness away from her eyes.

 

Chaeyoung turned her head to look at the direction of the voice, smiling widely with a nod at the sight of her girlfriend approaching her with bed hair.

 

"I heard you wanted to have ramen for breakfast"

 

Mina waddled over to where Chaeyoung was cooking, sliding her arms around the smaller's waist and pressed her cheek against her back, "I love you"

 

"Well, good morning to you too, baby"

 

"I was talking to the ramen, you ugly", Mina buried her face on Chaeyoung's back anyway, "I thought you'd at least put on your pants, Chaeng. This is very distracting"

 

"I can feel your s against my back, just saying", Chaeyoung said, setting the steaming hot ramen into two bowls.

 

"But bras are annoying"

 

"So are pants"

 

"Ugh- "

 

Chaeyoung laughed, making her way to the dining table with the penguin clinging onto her back, "Okay Minari. Let's eat up. I don't want to be late for school again"

 

She broke the hug and kissed Mina's hand before sitting down. Mina pout but sat down on the opposite side of the table.

 

"Will you be sleeping over again tonight?", Mina put her legs up on Chaeyoung's lap under the table out of habit.

 

Chaeyoung shook her head, "I don't think I can. I have lots of paperworks to take care of"

 

"But I'll miss you"

 

"I'll drop you home after school today. Wait for me, okay?"

 

"Won't you be having your basketball practice though?"

 

"Yeah, but you won't have to wait for more than 20 minutes?"

 

"Ohh so I'll get to see Jeongyeon senpapi?", Mina teased. Chaeyoung was never good with the make-jealous game.

 

"......"

 

"What?"

 

"It's 7 in the morning, Minari let's not- "

 

"I'm not allowed to?"

 

"Bye"

 

"Baaabee"

 

_______________________________

 

Beep

 

"I miss you" - Ew (Chaeng) 

 

Mina snuck her phone out from her pocket, peeking down to read the text message under the desk during anatomy class. 

 

"I miss you too. I'm in class rn. See you at lunch!" - Dis ugli (Mina)

 

Such a stupid name.

 

But Mina kept it anyway since it's how Chaeyoung saved it for her. 

 

Beep 

 

"I have a test coming up in a few minutes" - Ew

 

"So go study for it??" - Dis ugli

 

Beep

 

"Aren't you going to wish me luck? :( " - Ew

 

"You don't need it though, but good luck, baby!" - Dis ugli

 

Beep

 

"Hi, I like you :* " - Ew

 

Mina pursed her lips together, trying not to smile or get caught.

 

"You're gonna get me in trouble istg" - Dis ugli

 

Beep

 

"where's my kiss?" - Ew

 

 

" :* :* :* :* :* :* :* :* :* " -Dis ugli

 

Mina cringed internally. Chaeyoung made her feel so disgustingly sappy, but she liked it. It was a mixed feeling. 

 

Beep

 

"Calm down with the kissy emoji" - Ew

 

Mina was helplessly grinning now. She loves it when Chaeyoung says that. It was her deep and genuine passion to spam the cub with kissy emoji.

 

"Ms. Myoui! How dare you text in the middle of my class?", the professor called her out.

 

Mina's squirrel of a best friend, Sana, who was sitting behind her picked up the phone, quietly typing in a reply

 

"The penguin's definitely in trouble" -Dis ugli 

 

Beep

 

"I'm sorry babe TT " - Ew

 

__________________________________

 

 

"11:11!" - Dis ugli 

 

Chaeyoung tore her attention away from her textbooks when her phone buzzed on the table.

 

She checked the time. 11:11 p.m

 

She had forgotten to take her dinner again. 

 

Her fingers moved to type in a reply, but decided to call her instead. They barely get to meet up or talk for the past week because of their extra busy schedules.

 

Mina picked up on the third ring. 

 

"And you said 11:11 wishes don't work. Tsk", Mina said as soon as she answered. 

 

Chaeyoung smiled as soon as she heard Mina's voice, leaning back against her study chair, "I've missed you too, Minari"

 

"oh well, that's prolly a one way sentiment", Mina teased.

 

"I'm hanging up- "

 

"Hey, calm down, tiger. I've missed you too. So much", Chaeyoung could hear Mina's soft giggle from the other end of the line, "I haven't seen you in ages"

 

"a week"

 

"But it feels like ages. Shush!"

 

They both chuckled queitly. 

 

"Have you had your dinner?", Mina asked. 

 

"Uh, no. I forgot. Again- "

 

"......"

 

"...babe?"

 

There was a loud sigh.

 

"Chaeng, you have to eat your meals. Even for you to study well"

 

Chaeyoung closed her eyes, rubbing them slowly, "I know...I'll make myself something in a bit"

 

It was quiet for a few seconds

 

"How was your day?", Chaeyoung broke the silence.

 

"Same old. Tiring. My groupmates didn't do to help me with the project", Mina's voice sounded tired. It was draggy, but soft and soothing like Chaeyoung had always known it to be.

 

"You should sleep soon, then"

 

"Mhm. Maybe I will"

 

"Can you see the moon from where you're sitting right now?", Mina continued. 

 

Chaeyoung stretched her neck to look out the window from where she was sitting, "I can't see anything from here. Why?"

 

"Well, it's really beautiful. And I'm thinking of you", Mina spoke in a soft tone.

 

A soft chuckle escaped Chaeyoung's lips, "Cheesy"

 

Mina yawned, and Chaeyoung held her breath just to hear her yawn. She adores the little things about Mina.

 

"Do you want me to read you something?"

 

"Eh? No, you must be tired too"

 

Chaeyoung got up from her seat to look for a nice book to read to Mina. Nothing was too tiring for her girl. She scanned through her bookshelf, "How about a cheesy teen novel?"

 

"Chaeng, it's fine- "

 

"Okay. The Fault in our stars", she grabbed the book and went back to the chair.

 

"I've seen the movie. Didn't really like it?", Mina mumbled. 

 

"The book is way better than the movie, trust me", Chaeyoung replied, opening the book on the table, "Alright. The fault in our stars. John Green. Chapter one"

 

"Chaeng?", Mina interrupted. 

 

"Hm?"

 

"I really miss you"

 

Chaeyoung smiled quietly 

 

"I do too, Minari"

 

Mina hummed, "Okay, go on"

 

Chaeyoung read the book to Mina, trying to keep her tone as soft as possible in hopes that Mina would fall asleep. 

 

Two chapters through, Mina's soft breathing could be heard from the other end. 

 

"Baby?", Chaeyoung called out softly to confirm. Mina groaned in response. 

 

"I love you..", Chaeyoung whispered, unsure, before ending the call,  "Sweet dreams"

 

__________________________________

 

"Take me to the beach tonight!"


Mina half-whined while swinging their intertwined hands, walking home from school on a Friday evening. 


"Aren't you tired? We go there so often. Like,  A LOT", Chaeyoung said, chuckling.


"Well I hate the beach which is why I'm asking you to take me there again tonight. Suffering is my forte", Mina replied sarcastically.


Chaeyoung rolled her eyes but ended up smiling anyway, "I guess we could? But the whole team was planning to go out to the pub tonight though. Myself included"


"Oh, that's okay. I guess I'll invite the girls over for a movie or something. Will you come home late tonight?"


"Hopefully not. Though, it can't be helped if someone gets too drunk and you're one of the few people in the squad who stays sober", Chaeyoung shrugged.


Mina nodded with a soft hum. They continued their walk down the street in silence. The sun was setting and the sky was a shade of deep orange and soft yellow. 


Mina loves the sky. She'd always been fond of brooding and oogling over nature's beauty. It wasn't even forced which adds up to Mina's unspoken charms, and Chaeyoung absolutely loves watching Mina watching the sky. She was grace, innocent with a hint of playfulness.


A few more minutes and they were already in front of Mina's condo.


"I'll see you later tonight then, baby", they stood face to face in front on the door. Mina nodded again.


"Don't drink too much. Or let anyone touch you I swear- ", she paused mid sentence on seeing Chaeyoung smile, "What? I still worry, okay?"


"Okay, silly", Chaeyoung gently grabbed Mina's face and leaned in to kiss her on the lips, letting their lips linger for a while. 


Mina's cheeks were on fire. They've kissed before, but never in front of the doorway and this was something she'd seen only in movies before. It was somewhat cheesy but she knew she likes it. 


Mina unintentionally gripped onto Chaeyoung's shirt when she pulled away, earning a teasing grin from the cub. 


"You ugly- ", Mina mumbled, avoiding eye contact, "Go already"


"Let's paint your nails or do some corny stuff when I get here tonight?"


"You'd be tired by the time you get here"


"Nah, not really. I mean, I wanna spend time with you"


Mina hated to admit, but she melted a little, "Aww"


"Yeah, suffering is also my forte"


"......"


"That was funny!"


"Bye Chaeng"


"Babe- "


The door slammed shut at the poor cub's face. 

 

___________________________________

 

"What's up with the rumor going around, smol?", Dahyun, a close friend/classmate of Chaeyoung inquired. 

 

It was lunch time and rumour has it that Chaeyoung had been "seeing" a girl who was not Mina for a few days now.
 

"That's all it is. A rumor", Chaeyoung sighed, stabbing her fork into the salad on her plate. 


"There's even pictures of you two", another classmate, Tzuyu added, scrolling through her phone. 

 

The three girls went to a cafe to grab lunch.

 

"Okay you guys know the whole story. Just have my back and trust me. I'm not cheating on Mina. I would never do that", Chaeyoung said, her frustration obvious in her tone. 

 

"So, like, your ex came back to town and wanted to hang out with you and you agreed?", Dahyun asked, sitting down beside the cub.

 

Chaeyoung nodded, "In a completely friendly manner. I even told Mina before I agreed to go out for a coffee with Momo. We're good friends now"

 

"Hmm", Dahyun squinted, resting her chin on her fist as she looked at her tired friend, "Are you dumb?"

 

"Why is that even a question?", Tzuyu remarked from the side, sipping on her drink. 

 

"Nevermind. We have our answer"

 

"Can you not- "

 

Chaeyoung sank down on her seat, dropping her fork down on the table and let out a heavy sigh,  "Mina has been ignoring me too"

 

"Have you tried telling her about what happened properly?"

 

"She wouldn't listen?!", Chaeyoung retorted, "Calls and texts don't work either"

 

"I would ignore you too", Tzuyu added who was still scrolling through her phone. 

 

"Thanks", Chaeyoung snorted.

 

"I mean, look at this selca. She's basically a breath away from smooching your cheek"

 

"She's just really touchy"

 

"Heart emojis for caption"

 

"And you wonder why Mina is ignoring you. Nice", Dahyun mocked.

 

"Okay yknow what?", Chaeyoung threw her hands up, "I'm not gonna sit here and listen to you guys trashing me. I'm gonna go talk to Mina and clear up  the misunderstanding for good"

 

Chaeyoung stood up and swung the straps of her backpack on her shoulders.

 

"Good luck, smol!"

 

 


Chaeyoung made her way back to the school campus and headed straight to meet Mina. The cub knows exactly where the penguin will be. At the library. 


When Chaeyoung got to the school's library, it didn't take her long to find Mina sitting alone at her usual spot in the quiet corner of the room.

 

Mina looked like she was writing something on a notebook, probably studying.

 

Chaeyoung took a step back, hiding from Mina's line of view for a while to take a good look at the girl sitting a few steps away from her. 

 

She was beautiful, as always. Her hair elegantly falling down her shoulders with her eyes completely focused on what she's scribbling on the white sheet.

 

Mina always gives her 100% to whatever she does, which was extremely attractive to Chaeyoung. 

 

She took a deep breath, saving the picture of aesthetic sight before a possible mood killer fight starts. Chaeyoung finally approached Mina

 

"Hey"

 

Mina looked up from her notebook, "Hey, you", she turned her attention back to the book. 

 

"Do you have a minute?", Chaeyoung asked, slightly nervous, pinching the strap of her backpack and she didn't even know why.

 

It was just the cold aura Mina surrounds herself with when she's too focused on something.

 

"I'm kinda busy right now, Chaeng"

 

"Just a minute?", Chaeyoung pleaded.

 

"You should bother Momo. I'm busy", Mina answered, never looking up from her book. 

 

Chaeyoung sighed. Her shoulders dropped and leaned forward on the table, closing the notebook for Mina, forcefully tearing the other's attention away from her work, "We need to talk about that"

 

Mina jumped a little in her seat, surprised at the cub's action. She finally brought herself to meet Chaeyoung's gaze, the younger's eyebrows furrowed together in frustration.

 

"Go ahead", Mina said, clicking her pen and crossing her arms across her chest. 

 

"It's not as bad as people made it sound like. I went out to grab coffee with Momo with a friendly intention. I even told you"

 

Mina didn't say anything.

 

"Look, Momo asked to meet up again because she's stopping by in town and missed me. We both already agreed that we're friends. She's nothing more than a friend to me"

 

Still, no response. 

 

A heavy sigh left Chaeyoung's lips, "Please say something, Minari. You know I'd never do something behind your back to hurt you. Why can't you understand- "

 

"Chaeng, she's your ex girlfriend who still has feelings for you. How do you think I feel knowing that you've been going out late at night with someone who constantly manages to find a way to meet up when I can barely even make time for us? It just made me realise that maybe you'd be happier with someone who can find a way to spare more time for you- ", Mina paused, her lips parted slightly to continue but stopped. 

 

They fell silent after that.

 

Mina looked away, turning her head to look at the side instead trying not to let the tears fall. Chaeyoung stared at nothing with her lips slightly quivering. She was scared; they both were.

 

"Alright", Chaeyoung managed to say, "Get home safely"

 

She disappeared in a few seconds through Mina's hazy sight. 

 

Mina wondered if she was being too cold and insensitive, but she knew she couldn't afford to get distracted. She had so much stuff to take care of, so she didn't go after Chaeyoung.

 

She sat there instead, opening her notebook again but her concentration was far from her papers now.  

All she could think of was the image of Chaeyoung walking away with her head trying to stay up, not to look too heartbroken.

 

Mina wondered if Chaeyoung would eat properly tonight, because she knew she won't herself. She wondered if Chaeyoung would be able to focus on her studies later or if she would hate her. 

 

She knew she wants to run to Chaeyoung and hug her, but she didn't. Mina didn't know why she couldn't either.


She just hoped and wished, deep down, that they won't break from it, that Chaeyoung's feelings would still stay the same, no matter what. 


____________________________________

 

A month passed by quickly. Mina being busy with paperworks and Chaeyoung, basketball matches. 

 

They didn't talk, much less meet up during the whole time which they thought made it easier. They didn't break up either. They just hadn't been talking, although Chaeyoung would sometimes see Mina walking home from afar during their practice. 

 

Since Mina is usually really busy in school, she goes home late, which worries Chaeyoung a lot, but there wasn't much she could do. 

 

The coaches were extra strict and the practice, more tough. They wanted to defend their championship title. Walking Mina home wasn't even an option.

 

But since about two weeks ago, Chaeyoung often see a guy with Mina whenever she left the school building. Probably walking home together. 

 

The sight made Chaeyoung sick, but she felt a little sense of relief that someone was there
to ensure that Mina gets home safely. 

 

What's worse was that there's gossip around in the school that the said, unknown guy had been courting Mina.

 

It was the weekend, and Chaeyoung was still in bed. She wanted to go back to sleep, but she couldn't. She lie awake in bed though she was exhausted from the whole working days of the past week, yet her mind was occupied. 

 

Since she's free today, Chaeyoung had time to think. Pillowing her arms, she'd been staring at the ceiling for hours, asking questions. 

 

"Would Minari be happier with the guy?"

"Would things be less stressful if I were gone?"

"Am I being selfish by making her stay?"

 

Chaeyoung kept tossing around in bed, frustrated. She felt helpless. She needed answers, but at the same time, she was afraid that this will be the end of their relationship.


After hours and hours of pining around with questions in her head, she finally decided to go and talk to Mina, face to face. 

 

Chaeyoung turned to her side and opened the drawer beside her bed, taking out the silver minion ring Mina gave her as a wedding ring. 

 

It was funny how she got it, actually. They were having their usual bickering when Chaeyoung suggested that they get married. Mina surprisingly agreed and got Chaeyoung a minion ring because it reminded her of the cub and her height. Chaeyoung got Mina a silver penguin ring. They exchanged their rings over a pizza box with the pizza itself as a witness. 

 

"Hi minion", she softly said to the ring in her hands, "Let's go talk to Minari, shall we?"

 

 

 

Mina had the Xbox set up in her bedroom, eating a box of ice cream to spend the afternoon, playing games on her flat screen. 

 

Though her friends suggested that they go out to the mall, she rejected the offer to give herself some alone time since she rarely get to have them anymore for the past month. 

 

Halfway through the ice cream box, Mina's attention was diverted to the knock coming from the door. She paused the game and roughly fixed her shirt, a little surprised as she wasn't expecting any guest over.

 

There was a knock again and Mina waddled over to the door, "Coming!"

 

She opened the door to reveal a Chaeyoung standing in front of her. 

 

A black leather jacket gracing her body with a pair of blue ripped jeans, a few strands of her long, flowy hair tucked behind one ear as the cub slowly raised her eyes to meet Mina's brown orbs, slightly shaky. 

 

"Hey?", Chaeyoung broke the ice. 

 

Mina was suddenly conscious of herself when she saw Chaeyoung's eyes scanning her body. She hadn't showered yet and her hair was a mess. She was still in her pjs and spent half the day in front of the t.v.

 

"Can I come in?", Chaeyoung awkwardly asked. She'd been here before a lot of times. It was stupid, Mina thought before nodding and stepping aside to let Chaeyoung enter. 

 

Tucking her hands inside her pockets and shoulders slightly tensed, Chaeyoung stepped inside and ran her eyes around the place for a while. 

 

Mina quietly closed the door behind her and turned to face Chaeyoung till their eyes finally met. 

 

"I- "

 

"Ch- "

 

They both awkwardly started. 

 

Chaeyoung smiled softly at Mina, "You go first"

 

Mina nodded. She cleared before dropping her gaze to the floor, "I'm sorry for never getting back to your texts and calls, Chaeng", she paused for a while, "I've been really busy and I can't afford any distractions. I mean, with your ex coming back to town and you and your practices and my heavy schedules, I just didn't want to do anything for a while"

 

She lifted her eyes again to look at Chaeyoung apologetically, who had her eyes on Mina the whole time. Chaeyoung nodded. 

 

"Am I being too selfish?"

 

"No. No you're not, Minari", Chaeyoung answered honestly, "I understand that. I'm sorry too, for not considering your feelings when I did what I did"

 

Mina nodded, her lips unconsciously out of nervousness after a few minutes of silence.

 

"Chaeng?"

 

"Hm?"

 

"Are you here to break things off with me?"

 

Chaeyoung smiled bitterly, "I guess I'm here to decide if we should or not"

 

"...I honestly hope we don't", Mina said under her breath, gaze dropping again, "..please let's work this out.. "


"After all those time I spent chasing your arrogant , do you think I'd want to let you go, Minari?"

 

"Then don't, Chaeng. Stay"

 

"If that's what you really want, Minari. I will stay"


Mina couldn't help but smile quietly to herself when Chaeyoung said that, eventually hiding her face behind her hands.

 

Chaeyoung slowly wrapped her arms around Mina's waist and kissed her forehead, letting her lips linger for a while. 


"You're still ugly", Mina muttered, lightly hitting Chaeyoung's chest before snuggling.

 

"Sure, Minari"

 


One hour later 

 


"We're supposed to be having a make up right now. What are we even doing?", Chaeyoung said, eyes glued to the screen while pressing random buttons on the gamepad. 

 

Mina scoffed, her eyes never leaving the screen either, "Supposedly, we're having right now, we'd be missing out on the fun of literally kicking each others' virtually"

 
"Because I'd never kick your in reality?"

 

"You're dead the moment your stinky foot touches my beautiful "

 

They both laughed, concentration fixed to the screen. 

 

"Okay. We're having a make up mentally then"

 

"Mentally-", Mina agreed, "Hah! That's the 7th time I beat your sorry Chaeng! Try harder, c'mon"

 

Chaeyoung frowned, tossing the gamepad to the floor from Mina's bed where they were sitting, "This is just NOT my game!"

 

She plopped down on the bed, huffing. Mina watched the cub being adorable with a smile on her lips. 

 

"You said that to every video games we've every played, Chaeng", she teased. 


"Shut up. You're just really good at gaming"

 

"Shut up?? Did you just tell me to shut up?"

 

Chaeyoung looked at her girlfriend with a playful grin, "Yeah. What are you gonna do about it?"

 

Mina threw a death glare at her girlfriend for a while before climbing on top of Chaeyoung, straddling the cub, "I'm gonna put the pillow over your face and head over to the study to write your eulogy"

 

Chaeyoung laughed, resting both her hands on Mina's thighs and looked at her, "Son Chaeyoung is gladly dead in Myoui Mina's bedroom. Thanks"

 

"....Oh my gosh, what were you even thinking about?? ert!", Mina yelled, hitting the cub below her but ended up laughing together anyway.

 

The evening was slowly dying out and the sunset seeped in through the curtain. A ray of light gently hitting the tender face of Mina who was straddling the cub, her gummy smile conveying her happiness to the younger in ways that words couldn't express. Chaeyoung felt her heart pounding wildly against her chest that she had to bite down on her lips to keep calm. 


It was then, that Chaeyoung finally understood that she was, indeed, hopelessly in love with Mina. 


"I love you", she finally said out of the blue, "I'm in love with you, Minari", her eyes nervously searching into Mina's orbs for a response. 


Mina's laughing died down slowly when those words left Chaeyoung's lips , their eyes locked onto each others'. 

 

Mina, then, lifted a hand to caress Chaeyoung's cheeks gently before leaning down to place the softest and sweetest kiss on her lips, "I love you too, Chaeng. I've always been in love with you", she replied. 


The happiness was uncontainable. Their nervous lips breaking into huge grins as they looked at each other and stayed like that for minutes. 

 

"Oh, I brought something", Chaeyoung pulled out the 'wedding' ring that Mina got her, "I was planning to give it back to you in case things didn't work out"

 

Mina laughed and shook her head, "Wait, let me grab mine too"

 

She leaned over to open the drawer on her nightstand and pulled out the silver penguin ring that Chaeyoung got for her, "Help me put it on"

 

Mina handed the penguin ring to Chaeyoung and stretched her left hand out. The cub gladly took the ring and slipped it onto Mina's ring finger. Mina did the same for Chaeyoung. 

 

They fell into a comfortable silence after that. Mina lying down on top of Chaeyoung, and Chaeyoung wrapping her arms around Mina under a blanket on the bed. 

 

"Chaeng?"

 

"Hm?"

 

"We'll never fall too far away from each other, right?"

 

"Mhm", Chaeyoung replied, gently rubbing Mina's back.

 

Mina hummed, happy with the response.

 

"And if ever, we have to part ways for some reason, you know that I'll always, always find my way back to you at the end of the day, don't you, Minari?", Chaeyoung said in a soft tone. 


"I do, Chaeng"


"Just..stay with me", Chaeng muttered in a low tone. "I'm gonna keep you with me for a long, long time. You're not going anywhere. Remember how difficult it was to even get your attention before? Tsk"


Mina chuckled softly,"I'm not going anywhere, baby"

 

"Good"

 

They both can feel the silent smiles on each others' lips and bodies though they had their eyes closed. 

 

"We should go to the beach tonight", Mina said. 

 

"Hm, and stargaze from the back of the car", Chaeyoung replied. 

 

"And spend the night there. We'll bring pillows and blankets", Mina's tone rising unintentionally out of excitement. 

 

"And bring some empty jars to collect fireflies", Chaeyoung added, amused at her girlfriend's excitement. 

 

"Sounds perfect!"

 

"And toss you into the cold water as a sacrifice to the water God"

 

"Please, Chaeng. I'm the daughter of the water God"

 

"Psh"

 

"You don't believe me??"

 

"What's the name of the Greek water God even?"

 

"I'm- Chaeng pls"

 

"The name"

 

"Err Posei-- Hades?"

 

"HAHAHAHA Geez!"

 

"Don't laugh! I'm not a frigging nerd like you, you ugly!"

 

"Minari what are you even saying?"

 

"Shut up, you ugly! Bye I'm leaving you!"

 

"Babe I'm kidding!"

 

"BYE"

 

"COME BACK-"

 

________________ x _______ x ________________

 

 

A/n : A long one shot because your author-nim is always drowning in feels. 

 

I miss you.