The Longest Day

The Longest Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stood anxiously at the altar, restlessly fixing my dark well-fitted tuxedo with my sweaty hands. Before I could catch my breath, it was time. The murmur voice was already replaced by the footsteps of those entering the church were solid against the floor. My mind was a haze when I saw her walking down the aisle with her arm linking through to her father’s. She was the most beautiful woman wearing a radiance and joy I had never seen before. Flooding my mind were pictures of the girl I shared my stories with, the one I stayed all night thinking about and the only one girl I had helplessly fallen in love with since I was sixteen. The father seemed so proud yet I could see his gaze was wavering. He was her first love, and he was afraid to lose her. I recalled the day when he asked me to make her daughter the happiest woman on earth, and I had promised him that.

“I have never had this thought about this before, about my girl would eventually fall in love with someone.” Mr. Kim was genuinely astonished.

“You have promised me to make her the happiest woman on earth. And you did.” He continued. “You made her happy, I have never seen her this happy before. Thank you so much, Sehun-ah.”

For a couple moments I felt like I was suffocating. The room was spinning all around as they got closer to the altar. I still could not believe that the day had come that I was going to stand here. I was not even certain anymore whether I had to be happy or sad.

She let her father go and showed her smiling face. She was here, we were here, she was standing close, close enough for me to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter