001

Buy U A Drank
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Come on! One minute left until your suffering ends. You can do this!

 

Seulgi psychs herself up for the tail end of her long journey. She didn't live far from the bakery but in this blizzard she might as well have been trekking up Snowdonia. And trekking is not something Kang Seulgi does, her friends never let her forget the time they went camping and she brought five jars of peanut butter but didn't think to bring a sleeping bag.

 

Sure it was ten years ago and she’d developed some kind of common sense now - being an adult and all with a responsible job - but it still wasn’t her cup of tea to be adventurous. Merely leaving the house in this weather is deemed adventurous but the brunette had run out of her favourite hot drink and she needed warm liquid down asap. If she didn’t this blizzard might just kill her.

Her determination sped up her walk and she made it safely inside the bakery with 15 seconds to spare. She jumps as the door closes violently behind her, barely able to keep her balance at the unexpected last blow from the wind.

A shudder runs through the brunette despite being dressed in decent winter wear. It still didn’t stop the chill reaching the little amount of skin she had exposed.

The horrendous weather takes a back seat in her mind when she comprehends that she’s made it alive to the bakery.

It’s actually pretty empty and she can finally enjoy a long, warm beverage in peace. The brunette could even finish the book that she started 4 years ago but lost not long after buying it. It somehow ended up in a cupboard in her kitchen she found out after finding it whilst searching for cocoa powder. The young architect tossed it in her backpack as an afterthought before leaving her warm house..

The young worker behind the till greets her enthusiastically like every other time Seulgi has visited this bakery - which is pretty frequently. The girl wasn’t just happy because she finally had a customer after such a slow day but it was because of who the customer was. It was the dreamy, mesmerising older woman that she’d do anything for… within reason.

No one thinks she’s deserving of the innocent girls little affections, including Seulgi, she found the small crush to be cute but it’s lasted longer than a normal fickle crush would.

“What would you like today Ms. Kang??”

Big brown eyes that gleam at her as if she’s about to say something astounding rather than her order. Seulgi almost melts under pressure from her expectant stare, the younger girl was too pure for her own good.

“Just a hot chocolate today please Juhyun.”

“Coming right up Ms. Kang!”

As the high schooler busies herself in preparing the hot chocolate with all her might for her beloved customer the older woman digs around in her backpack and every pocket on her, but doesn’t find one single coin.

“Crap.”

The brunette curses as her mind flashes back to the image of her purse resting uselessly on her coffee table. Maybe she’s not the responsible adult she thought she was.

To her embarrassment the younger girl notices her distress and doesn’t waste time questioning what happened. Once she hears the problem the young worker is quick to help.

“I’m serious Ms. Kang, it’s on the house this time! I’ll cover for you if the boss asks anything, she’ll understand I’m sure… and if I’m not wrong aren’t you good friends?”

Although she’s close with the owner the architect doesn’t want to take advantage of the services, business is hard as it is in this weather and she thinks she could just pay later rather than having Juhyun pay out of her own pocket. Knowing that kid that’s what she’ll do.

Taking her warm drink to the table near the window the brunette starts her long lost book from the very beginning, it’s been awhile since she started it so it all feels brand new and it’s actually a little exciting once she gets into it.

Seulgi’s so into the book, in fact, that she fails to notice the short lady creeping up behind her with evil intentions.

A loud clap in her ear draws her focus away from the book and the baker laughs loudly as the brunette almost tips her chair in shock.

Clutching her heart and hitting the mean shorter girl with her book she glares at the baker. Not affected by the attack the baker smoothly takes the seat opposite her, sliding over a pastry she didn’t ask for.

She masks the excitement pumping through her veins at the sight of the beautiful woman as indifference, pushing the plate away slightly.

“I didn’t order this.”

Again, not affected by her aloof act the baker pushes the plate back, “I know, but if you die from starvation here I’ll have to fill in a lot of paperwork and I don’t hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter