END.

Inside Joke

Haknyeon being tired is a usual site. This kid has always been working hard so much with his club work, school work and even with their family business. He was always full of smiles and energy everyone couldn’t get over with easily. “Haknyeon-ah! Sunwoo’s here,” his mother called. Sunwoo is Haknyeon’s classmate. This kid also works hard as much as Haknyeon does. “Okay!” Haknyeon replied and coughed afterwards. The boy he assumed made another delivery to their residence as always.

Haknyeon sat up slowly since he didn’t want to over use his body. He was having a fever after all and he decided for the first time that he needed a rest. “Ey hyung!” Sunwoo cheered but not as much since he was still having that ‘cool kid’ feel. Haknyeon coughed and sniffed slightly. He was sick but not that sick, a note Haknyeon wanted to say. “Sunwoo-yah~” he cooed taking off the pack of KoolFever on his forehead. “Yah! Didn’t I told you to stop over working yourself and rest once in a while?” Sunwoo scolded. It was an unrequited love, Sunwoo would like to describe, but he didn’t knew that Haknyeon wasn’t oblivious on his feelings.

For some reasons, Sunwoo was feeling lucky today but he doesn’t know why. “Yes, but I’m already taking a rest until you showed up,” Haknyeon teased. They were close to be called bestfriends but neither one really said anything about their level of closeness. “Ah, so should I go home now?” the younger one barked without any hard bites, “Yah! Just go home,” the older teased even more; Sunwoo smirked and said an okay before standing up, “Yah! Kim Sunwoo! I’m just joking~”the older pouted. “I know,” he said as he went back to his original position, kneeling at Haknyeon’s side.

They laughed in unison. It was one of their silly teasing again. “Kim Sunwoo, something’s different today,” Haknyeon commented. Sunwoo perked up and asked, “What?” he stared at Haknyeon for answers. The older just looked at him and it made the younger’s heart pick up. “Your bangs, it looks short,” the older said. Sunwoo’s bangs was probably one of the most frequent teasing Haknyeon did; it was an inside joke for the both of them since there was a time that Sunwoo really wanted to look good infront of Haknyeon but the barber thought of something different and decided to cut Sunwoo’s bangs way too short for his liking. Since then it was a common teasing. “Ey~ Hyung stop! I grew my hair already. Like your bangs are also short today with you curling it too much,” Sunwoo teased back.

“Short!”

“Curly!”

“Short!”

“Curly!” Sunwoo commented again, leaning closer and closer to Haknyeon. Not that he intends it to but it was a heat of the moment, he convinced himself.

“Short!”

“Ju Haknyeon!”

“What?” the older questioned.

“Curly!”

“Yah! Kim Sunwoo!”

“Curly!”

“Kim Sunwoo!”

“Ju Haknyeon!” Sunwoo said, close enough to kiss Haknyeon. Still the heat of the moment, he said as an excuse. Sunwoo smirked when Haknyeon went quiet, it was his chance and since he felt like it today, he went ahead and kissed Haknyeon straight on the lips. Soft Sunwoo thought before pulling away.

Haknyeon was frozen and flustered. Sunwoo took note on how the older’s ears were shaded in crimson red, but he remembered the older was having a fever, but then again, he was Sunwoo, he decided to tease the older about it. “Hyung, did your fever go up? Your ears are crimson red,” he said and tried to suppress his laughter. “I… I… Yah! W-what was t-that for?” the older asked while stuttering. Cute the younger thought and laughed about how the latter was so flustered.

“I like you hyung,” he said coolly and went back to his original position, kneeling. “I…” Haknyeon was still lost for words as his heart was beating abnormally fast. C’mon Ju Haknyeon, you already knew about it but why are you still flustered? he scolded himself. “You don’t have to like me, I know you probably like Juyeon hyung or Hwall. I’m fine with being friends,” Sunwoo said, trying to be subtle about being okay with it. “I can make you happy though,” he rebutted. “Sunwoo, make up your mind whether it’s okay that I dump you or not. It was already obvious so I know,” Haknyeon commented, already gained his composure. “So, you already knew?” Sunwoo confirmed. Haknyeon nodded with a cheeky smile, “You laugh more with me than when you’re with Changmin hyung or the other hyungs in general, everyone knows already,” Haknyeon said. “Ah,” was the only thing Sunwoo can reply.

“And I like you too,”

-END-