Final

Baking Cakes With A Stranger

Daehyun sighed as he looked at the boxes of cake mix piled all over the floor. His sister's wedding day was the day after tomorrow and for some unknown reason, she wanted fifty cakes with beautiful designs. No, not a normal single two or five layered cake, fifty cakes and the worst thing was, she wanted Daehyun to make it.

Now, Daehyun would've understood if he was a top notch baker or something but Daehyun was a cardiologist and he only baked for fun. His sister said she didn't want to spend money uselessly when she could get it for free and so, Daehyun was chosen to bake the cake.

Daehyun wasn't an idiot. He knew he wouldn't be able to do it all by himself so he asked his four best friends to help him to which they agreed. Himchan was especially excited to do it because cooking and baking was his life. He was the of the most well known bakers in the area.

Daehyun looked at the clock. 7:00 am. Himchan and the others were supposed to be there an hour ago. Wondering where they were, Daehyun dialled Himchan, not checking the numbers he had entered.

"Dude! I have 50 boxes of cake mix, we need to start baking ASAP. Where are you?"

"I think you got the wrong number but count me in anyway, it sounds like fun." The person on the other end replied causing Daehyun to choke on air. How did he dial the wrong number?

"Umm, hello?" The person on the other hand called out making Daehyun realise he hadn't said anything.

"Uhh, I'm sorry. I called the wrong number. Sorry for bothering you." Daehyun apologised.

He heard the person on the other end chuckle. "It's fine, anyway can I join?"

"You can if you want. Are you sure about this?" Daehyun asked, wondering why a complete stranger was willing to help him bake a cake.

"Yeah, I've got nothing better to do. By the way, my name is Yoo Youngjae." The person, Youngjae replied.

"Jung Daehyun."

"What's your address?" Youngjae asked and Daehyun faltered. This guy could be anyone. He could even be a thief but Daehyun was desperate and desperate times called for desperate measures. He gave Youngjae his address before hanging up.

Daehyun then proceeded to call Himchan - he checked the number this time - but he didn't pick up and neither did the rest of his friends. Daehyun felt frustrated. He had fifty cakes to bake and none of his friends were helping him.

He was snapped out of his thoughts when the doorbell rang. When he opened the door, he was met with the sight of a boy who looked no older than himself. With jet black hair, chocolate brown eyes and pale porcelain-like skin, the boy looked absolutely stunning.

"Jung Daehyun-ssi?" The boy asked and oh god, Daehyun wanted to fall right there. His voice was so smooth and silky and Daehyun was absolutely dying to hear more.

"Yes, that's me. Are you Yoo Youngjae?" Daehyun asked remembering the boy he'd talked to just a few minutes before.

"Yup, I'm Youngjae. Anyway, shall we start baking?" Youngjae replied. Daehyun nodded and motioned the other to come inside.

"Woah! That's a lot of cake mix!" Youngjae exclaimed, staring at the boxes of cake mix on the floor.

Smiling sheepishly, Daehyun scratched his head. "Uhh, yeah. We really don't have much time, so we should start baking immediately."

"Sure." Youngjae grabbed one of the aprons on the counter and put it on before taking the first box of cake mix. Daehyun followed his lead.

~~~

None of Daehyun's friends had arrived to help so by the time the two finished designing the last cake, it was midnight. Daehyun knew that he'd never have finished if it weren't for Youngjae so he felt really grateful and indebted.

"Thank you so much, Youngjae. You are way better than my friends. I could've never finished without your help. Thanks a lot." Daehyun said.

"Oh, it's no problem." Youngjae flashed a smile and he looked so good that before Daehyun could stop himself, he was kissing Youngjae on the lips.

Embarrassed, Daehyun was about to pull away but Youngjae returned the kiss, holding him in place. "Do you want to take this to my room?" Daehyun whispered into Youngjae's ear and when he nodded, the two sprinted upstairs to Daehyun's room.

~~~

"Was that just a one time thing?" Youngjae asked, the two were on the bed, and tangled with each other.

"That depends, do you want it to be?" Daehyun didn't give him a direct answer because he knew he wanted to make Youngjae his boyfriend but if Youngjae only wanted a one time thing, he'd only make a fool of himself.

"I...I want more, I want to make you my boyfriend, go on dates together and have mind blowing . So, Daehyun, will you be my boyfriend?" Youngjae asked, his voice barely above a whispee and Daehyun never felt happier.

"Yes, Youngjae, yes! I will be your boyfriend." Daehyun said and then kissed Youngjae. "Round two?" He asked and Youngjae nodded.

~~~

"Yah! Kim Himchan, explain yourself! You were supposed to help me with the cake, where were you?" Daehyun yelled. It was the day of the wedding and he and Youngjae had successfully delivered the cakes. Daehyun had started scolding his friends as soon as he saw them and Youngjae just awkwardly stood beside him.

Himchan gulped. "Uhh...I forgot? Whose the guy standing next to you? He looks hot."

Youngjae blushed at the compliment and Daehyun grinned. "This is Yoo Youngjae, my boyfriend and the person who helped me with the cakes." Saying that, Daehyun grabbed his boyfriend's arm and walked away, leaving his friends bewildered at the new information.