(Weird) Dreams

(​​​​​​​Weird) Dreams

 

 

 

 

 

When Jongwoon woke up he was confused. What’d he just dream? It was really weird. But doesn’t matter. He has to get up and prepare for work. Before he decided to get up Jongwoon sat in bed for a few minutes. Suddenly he noticed Ryeowook wasn’t beside him anymore. He must have already gotten up.

Ryeowook was already up preparing breakfast since Jongwoon had the early shift today. He’d come back in the early afternoon when Ryeowook himself would be back from class as well. They’d have the whole afternoon and evening just for themselves.

Ryeowook was really happy because he had planned a dinner date with his lover. It had already been some time since they last found the time for a date.

When Jongwoon entered the kitchen breakfast was already served.

“Good morning, Woonie.”, said Ryeowook giving his boyfriend a peck on the cheek. This immediately made said person smile slightly and reply “Good morning, Love.”

Ryeowook blushed. Pet names always did that to him but he couldn’t complain. He liked it.

The two love birds ate breakfast together and went out afterwards separating for work and uni.

Jongwoon worked at a coffee shop near Ryeowook’s uni where the latter studied arts.

 

The whole day at work Jonwoon couldn’t really concentrate. He kept thinking about the weird dream he had the night before. It was really weird.

After the two lovebirds both had returned home Ryeowook told his boyfriend to get ready since he had something planned.

 

Their date was beautiful but something about Jongwoon kept bugging Ryeowook so he just had to ask when they returned home.

“Woonie, you’ve been a little out of it today. Did something happen?”

“Not really. I just had a really weird dream last night.”

“What kind of dream? Tell me.”, Ryeowook said slightly worried hugging his boyfriend from behind.

“It was just really weird. In my dream I met FTISLAND in some kind of dorm. There was this really weird sofa, it kept chasing me.”

Ryeowook looked at his boyfriend weirdly. “A sofa? Chasing you?”

“Yep, a sofa. It was behaving like a dog that’s happy to see you”, Yesung answered blankly.

“So at some point I managed to get into a room and closed the door fast enough for the sofa to not manage to get through. There was a big, thin, short and dark haired dog. It moved really slowly and had cancer but there were also other smaller cats or dogs. One pet dug a hole into the ground and pooped in there.”

“What?” Ryeowook asked dumbfounded.

“A dog dug a hole into the floor of a room and pooped in there.” Yesung, again, answered blankly.

“But that’s not all. One of the FTI members suddenly said they couldn’t understand why the sofa acted that way. It usually only chased pregnant women.”

Ryeowook let go of his boyfriend to look him in the face properly. “Are you serious?”

“Yep. Completely serious.”

Ryeowook thought for a few minutes until he decided on what to say next. “Do you wanna try finding out what your dream means together?”

Jongwoon looked at him for a little. That’s not what he expected but he still answered “why not” without even thinking beforehand.

And so they spent the rest of their evening and part of their night trying to decipher Yesung’s dream.

“Apparently couches often represent laziness or tiredness and being chased often tells of the dreamer’s persecutory anxiety. There’s also this thing with dreaming about dogs suggesting a neglected talent or ability that should be rediscovered.”

Jongwoon looked slightly dumbfounded at his boyfriend.

“Sicknesses in dreams often represent disharmony, obstacles or need for physical or emotional repair. There’s also the possibility of being caught in a circle of depression.” Ryeowook said without tearing his eyes from the laptop on his lap.

And so they continued searching for the meanings of the details of the dream until they decided it was enough and they went to sleep.

The next day Jongwoon decided to combine the info’s he got to tell his boyfriend later. “Wookie would be really sad if I don’t tell him.”

When Ryeowook came back home and settled on the couch Jongwoon decided to tell him the conclusion he came to.

“Wookie, I tried to fit all the pieces together and want to tell you the conclusion.”

Ryeowook was confused. He totally forgot about the dream. “Pieces of what?”

“My dream and what it means.”

There was silence for a few minutes. They just looked at each other.

“I have come to the conclusion that I’ve been tired lately.”

Ryeowook looked at him shocked. Please don’t tell me your tired of me. Jongwoon noticed that and hugged his boyfriend. “Don’t worry. I’m not tired of you.” He smiled slightly.

“Pregnancy suggests the want to spend time creatively remember?”

Ryeowook nodded shortly.

“And the dog represents a neglected talent I should rediscover. I used to love to sing and always wanted to study music but I couldn’t because of my family’s financial situation. I’ve taken on so many jobs to make money for me and my family. That thing with the circle of depression might actually fit.”

Now Ryeowook looked down sadly. He felt useless in that moment.

“Don’t worry baby. I made it this far because of you.” Yesung said hugging his Wookie closer to his chest.

“I love you Wookie and I always will.” Jongwoon said kissing Ryeowook on the the lips.

They’ve stayed in that position for some time until Ryeowook came to a decision. “Let’s make you sing again.” He said to his boyfriend with his eyes full of confidence. Yesung was so touched he just had to kiss and hug his boyfriend even more.

 

 

A few months later:
 

Jongwoon waited at home for Ryeowook. Am I good enough? Will he like it?

When Ryeowook finally came home Yesung immediately grabbed his bag and jacket and guided him into the living room to sit him down on the couch.

“I have a surprise for you.” Jongwoon said smiling. He grabbed a guitar and started singing.

 

Did you have a hard day? You can complain to me
Maybe you can’t stop thinking about an upsetting thing that happened before
It’s okay, look at me

Now think about three good things that happened
Warm air, bright weather and me outside your window

I told you that it has to get dark in order to see the bright things

Where the stars gather, I will wait here
Close your eyes and rise, I will hold you

Are you coming to me through the moonlight in your window

Where the stars gather, I will wait here
Close your eyes and rise, I will hold you

By time my song is over, the sun will be shining brightly

 

When the song was over Ryeowook couldn’t do anything against the bright smile on his face. He hugged and kissed his lover.

“I have the most beautiful boyfriend in the whole universe. I love you, Woonie.”

Jongwoon who’s calmed down now kissed his love back saying “I love you too my Sunshine.”