Sea

Sea

Yoongi looked up and he found that one tall broad back again in front of him. As if it was a mountain and he was the sea. The sunshine always started to shine behind him. Although there will always be a big distance between the sea and the mountain, the best thing of them will always be the height from the tip of the mountain and the fathomless depth of the sea, that will never be reached by each other. The head turned back to him as probably he felt the stare digging a hole on him. And Yoongi looked away just to continue to stare again later soon. 

Those steps in front of him, even the hands that were dangling next to his body. The only whole existence that can give him an assurance no matter how unsure the future in front of his closed eyes. The back that will always be his safest place to hid himself from everyone when he was on the stage and crying. The safest place for him to lean in and give in. Namjoon will always lead him no matter what the world was making them go through. 

Yoongi didn’t talk easily. But Namjoon had never need him to talk. Because Namjoon was a lighthouse and he was the sea. Those waves in Yoongi’s eyes were all he needed to know what kind of storm was going on Yoongi’s guts, what kind of winter was freezing the sea. But the warm waves were always moving inside of him and Namjoon said he wanted to be the warm waves. Namjoon was the best at talking and thinking the way the other’s think and talk. Just a subtle whisper or a certain gesture,. Just like the warm wave of the sea itself. Namjoon got the best of him. 

He could see the brown orb of Namjoon’s eyes were moving to the corner of the eye just to peek on him. Namjoon was letting go and letting Yoongi to do whatever he wanted to do, to see whatever he wanted to see. Yoongi was behind him and will always there to push him to the front with his inability about things. 

Again, Yoongi was the sea, the fathomless depth of it, the warm wave of it, the cold night of it, the widest ocean in the universe.  But even then, Namjoon watched him like a sun above the sea in the day, just like the moon in the night. He was the sun that warmed up those cold waves from the middle of the blue deep ocean. He was the moon that affect the flux and reflux of the water, the height of the cold wave in the night. The black cloud that help him made the storm in the sea. The stars that made the waves shimmered in a cold dark night.

Namjoon changed him so that he was more meaningful to the world, to himself. The things were mostly not the way he wanted it to be. And he interpreted it as bad, but the world Namjoon had made him always remind him that it can be also good. Namjoon’s palm that was on his eyes and his crying eyes that were closing under the warm palm. He was the sea and he didn’t know what Namjoon was. But they were standing in a dark room where they can only see each other and nothing else. Maybe, just maybe, Namjoon was the night that letting the sea to rest inside this silenced universe. 

Never once in this life Yoongi had trust someone else the way the sea had trusted the sun to burn its water into cloud and rain. But again, Namjoon was always the only sun in his universe and he trusted him just like that. The way his trust was so blind and strong was ridiculous. But Namjoon never pointed his sharpest sword to his face no matter weak he was in those staring eyes. In a silence, that tall body kneeled and kissed his obtuse sword instead. Namjoon got the best of him always. 

Still inside the dark room, even Namjoon sometime didn’t know himself. But everytime he saw the closed eyed person in front of him, he knew he had a sea to shine, a sea to glitter. And everytime Yoongi opened his eyes, he knew the sea was alive and he was every light house on it, even in a deadly storm his own cloud had made him. 

Namjoon’s smile had never left Yoongi alone, but also Namjoon’s desperate eyes and teary eyelashes. And he knew the sun needed him to make the rain fell onto his earth. He needed him to let the sun went down to a rest and make the most beautiful sunset in this universe as ever. In another time, another season, it was his palm that cover those brown eyes. So he knew, the sea was protective, and the night will still shimmer under him. Even if the star fell down from the sky and burnt as it went into the atmosphere. The sea will always be there to extinguish the fire and drown it down into the calm of the darkness. And even if the sun will someday burn the earth down, and turned the sea into smokes and past. Even then, even then.

The tall body stopped abruptly and he hit his chest onto that broad back. The head turned to him again and he looked up in reflex, tidying up his cap. 

The low giggle was heard Yoongi just looked away. 

Hyung-nim, are you sleepy?” he asked.

“No,” Yoongi answered.

“Then please watch your step. How can you hit a person that is right in front of you, Hyung-nim,” the low giggle was still following, indicating that it was just another teasing.

So Yoongi just stared at him and their eyes met again when Namjoon turned his head to the back again. 

“I did not. You did,” Yoongi said and the low scoff was heard.

“Then it’s ok since I didn’t see you, right?” Namjoon said again. 

Yoongi just turned his head away. 

And that was when he felt a hand grabbed his hand gently for a while. And Namjoon moved to his back and that hand was securely holding his back.

“Let’s go,” Namjoon said again. 

“I said I’m not sleepy,” Yoongi said. 

“I know,” Namjoon said with a smile, but never stopped doing what he was doing. 

If he was a sea, maybe, just maybe, maybe Namjoon was the gravity that kept the sea still and save  on the earth. 

 

 

***

End