Final

Tall Walls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Final

“Bomi, Bomi?” A beautiful, young maiden whispered ever so softly in the air. Her brown locks look dazzling under the deep moonlight at 12 o’clock. She was wearing a brown coat, perfectly disguising herself as some mere commoner, not the grand princess of the Park’s empire.

She approached the tall walls in the huge garden of their palace. The young maiden climbed up the rather rusty iron ladder that was there for as long as she could remember. In fact, she never knew why the ladder was there but it surely helped. Sitting at the flat surface of the wall, she waited patiently for her lover. The very girl waiting for her at the other side of the wall, the very girl who lives the exact grandiose life she was having… the very girl she can never be with because the world does not permit it.

It’s not that it’s wrong. Her parents—or shall I daresay parent—allows her to marry anyone she wants.

But there’s a catch.

She can’t love a Yoon.

The very girl she fell in love with.

Why fate does have to be so cruel??? Chorong wondered. She never begged for anything, not even clothes, jewelries nor wealth. All she ever wished for was an unconditional love with the very person she wants.

Yoon Bomi was that girl. But why does she has to be a Yoon… out of all people, why her?

Chorong released yet another sigh, staring at the huge mansion on the other side of the tall walls, into the world she’ll never be in.

When they first met, it was a pure chance. They were both invited in a surprise party organized by their school. They didn’t know, both of them, that they were in fact the heiresses of the huge business empires in the kingdom. And when they realized who each other really was, it was too late. They fell too deep in love there’s no way out.

“Chorong unnie…?” Another young girl’s voice echoed in the garden. Sneakily snaking her way through the bushes, the other heiress came into view. Yoon Bomi, the princess of the Yoon’s empire… she was everyone else’s dream come true, seemingly like a prince in disguise. Donning her usual attire, just some red button-down that was unlike a princess’s, a scabbard stuck on her belt with the hilt of her sword showing. A sense of handsomeness can be found on her face, but more than that, the gentleness of her smile was the best giveaway.

It was one of the many reasons why Chorong fell for her.

Settling in the tiny space the wide wall gave, the two fell in each other’s arms, embracing the moment as if it was their last. Bomi’s nose tingling through Chorong’s skin, taking a whiff of the older princess’s scent that was so enticing.

“Tonight’s just perfect…” Bomi sighed in the air, hugging her lover tighter in her arms. “I just wish this never ends…”

“A moment won’t disappear as a memory, Bom-ah… You just need to keep reliving it.”  Chorong mumbled back, closing her eyes as she let herself melt in Bomi’s embrace. “As much as I wished that I could tell mom how much I love you… if only our families weren’t rivals…”

“Don’t wish of things we can’t change now… We just need to live the best of the moment, huh?”  

“Mmm… I know it was only my wishful thinking… b-but… I love you.”

Bomi nodded her head, taking a deep sigh. “I love you too… I wanted to show the whole world around you. I wanted to hold your hand, in front of others, like how I wanted… but fate has set our tragic end already. I’m so sorry, my love…”

“Don’t be sorry… It’s a story even the best writer couldn’t change an end. We both know it… although wishfully thinking; I hoped it would be a happy end.”

And so the lovers spent the next few moments in silence, casual whispers in the ears of how much they love each other. They didn’t want to let go, afraid that the next morning, they would lose each other… A secret love was the hardest in the world… It was hard to pretend to not love someone you do.

“Park Chorong, where are you this instant?!” A booming voice echoed through the wide garden of the Parks, making the couple let go of each other in an instant. At the same time, another woman’s voice echoed on the other side of the walls, in the Yoon’s mansion. “Yoon Bomi, you are supposed to be sleeping now, my dear!”

“Oh my God, I thought Mom was already asleep!” Bomi almost cursed in the air, glancing at her lover one last time before letting go once again.

“I thought so too! I have to go! Bomi, let’s meet each other in here again tomorrow evening, at 7PM. Got it?”

Bomi nodded and the couple locked gazes before swiftly leaning in for a quick kiss. It was sweet and agonizing, knowing how they need to separate again. They were losing time, but both were so lost in the moment, that they didn’t realize the noises to be near already.

“Yoon Bomi!”

“Son Naeun!”

The two immediately separated and went down the tall walls, just in time for their mothers to catch them almost in act.

“Yoon Bomi, my dear, why are you here at this time? You’ll be tired tomorrow…”  Yoon Bomi’s mom, Naeun, asked her daughter with a soothing voice. Gentle and sweet, something her daughter inherited from her.

The older woman, not quite in her forties yet, was beautiful beyond words. The name queen was a perfect description of who she could be. With her husband’s passing about a decade ago, it was almost as hard to raise up their lone daughter alone… but more than the gentleness and sweetness she possess, she’s also a strong woman… something Bomi obviously got from her too.

She gently caressed her daughter’s hair and smiles.

“You shouldn’t be out here as well. Just beyond the walls was the home of our rivals… who knows what they will do with you, my dear?” Her voice was then filled with spite and hatred at the thought of their rival family, prior opposite of what she usually is. “Even that Jung Eunji was beyond dangerous. Don’t ever come near her daughter, got it Bomi-ah?”

“Y-yes, mom.” Bomi stuttered in nervousness. “I-It’ll be best to be off… I-I’ll go to sleep mom!”

“Good girl…” Naeun smiled and kissed her daughter’s forehead as the youngster walked back to their grand mansion, finally resting in for the night.

 

“Chorong-ah, it’s deep in the night already. Why are you doing here, sweetie?” Chorong’s mother, Eunji, asked her daughter dearly. She engulfed her beloved in a hug right at instant, relieved as she finally found her little bundle of joy. No one ever spoils the young heiress of their throne than the Queen herself. Jung Eunji, who was a strong girl from the start, raised her daughter alone as her husband died in battle at such a young age, a battle between their royal family and their rival’s. That’s why the young queen couldn’t find herself forgiving the family that ruined the perfect family she could’ve built along with her husband.

“I-it’s nothing mom. I had a night mare and needed some fresh air… S-sorry if I didn’t ask for your permission.” Chorong bowed down in nervousness. She has always been a good daughter, different than what her mother is. Her mom was known as a tyrant in business, strict and smart… she finds her way perfectly through the food chain. The only thing standing in her way was the Yoon’s and specifically Son Naeun.

“It’s okay

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter