Prologue

Serendipity

"What is one thing you could do for the rest of your life?" He shyly asked, hoping for an answer he wanted to hear.

 

Her face furrowed, thinking of a serious response to his serious question.

 

"Ever since I was a kid, I have always loved travelling. I loved the idea of going to new places and immersing myself with their culture." She heavily sighed, remembering all the memories she had when she traveled.

 

"Of all things, why travelling? You could have at least responded with 'loving me.' " He said with a hint of anger, ashamed of the question he asked.

 

Frustration was evident on his face, and she could not help but laugh at his immature reaction.

 

"You asked all of a sudden, so that is what you get. Besides, one cannot love someone for the rest of her life. Feelings will diminish and eventually fade. It is as if one is wasting all her efforts to someone who would not reciprocate it." She said with her head up high, contented with her statement.

 

"What are you trying to say?" He asked once more, sighing with defeat. "This is all just a game to you! If you do not feel like playing anymore, you leave and find something new. That is how you are as a person! That is why you chose travelling over me." He shouted, quite shocked with the burst of emotions that occurred.

 

"I did not choose travelling over you. You simply asked what I would like to do for the rest of my life." She shook her head due to her disbelief. "Is that how you think of me? Why are we together in the first place?" She questioned their relationship, taken aback by her words and covered .

 

"I d-did not mean to. I promise, I don't." She finally said, after a few seconds of silence. She instantly regretted what she said and was about to cry.

 

"If that is how you think, then why don't we just end it here?" He said sternly, grabbing his car keys and leaving her behind.

 

It was not always like this, but sadly, their problems overpowered their happiness.

-------------------------

© : All Rights Reserved to KimNamjoon_RM