Dared Confession

Dared Confession

It was almost midnight. Six guys gathered at a house originally for a late night movie session to celebrate that their exams were finally over. However, while they were at the of the movie, the electricity supply was suddenly cut, so the room becomes pitch black. Out of boredom, one of the guys, Namjoon suggested playing truth or dare. He lit up a candle and the six boys started playing in this spooky yet romantic atmosphere. They took out a Cola bottle and used it as a spinner. The game was very thrilling because all of them except Seokjin chose dare, and Seokjin was being called dull and boring for not creating any excitement for the game.

"Seokjin, be a man and stop choosing 'Truth'. Do a dare instead!" said Taehyung.

"No, I'll remain to choose truth for every turn."

"Then I'll ask," said Jungkook, "what do you think was Namjoon's worst habit?"

The others smirked because finally, they could have a chance to heard Seokjin talking bad about Namjoon, who is his boyfriend. The couple had always been lovey-dovey in public, and it seemed like Seokjin loved everything Namjoon did to him.

"Umm..." Seokjin paused for a moment making the others impatient, "his habit of seducing me is the worst! I couldn't stop him from that!" he said proudly, earning a loving smile from Namjoon.

The next person to choose is Namjoon. Namjoon chose dare of course.

Jimin suddenly stood up and said, "Namjoon, I DARED YOU TO KISS SEOKJIN!" Everyone laughed out loud, thinking that Namjoon wouldn't accept the challenge.

Namjoon became serious and asked everyone, "Do you think I won't do that?" After so, he grabbed Seokjin's neck and pushed Seokjin to himself. They then locked their lips together for a passionate kiss. Seokjin was taken aback and first but then decided to let Namjoon take the lead.

After they parted, Namjoon suddenly palmed his face. "I suppose I forgot to ask if the kiss involves tongues..." Seokjin blushed.

Next off, it's Jungkook to do a dare. "Wear underwear on your head!" said Taehyung.

"That's too light," said Namjoon while shaking his head.

"Then," Jimin thought for a while and said, "take off all your clothes!"

"Jimin, why are you so erted," asked Seokjin.

"Nah, he's going to do that."

"Just wear your underwear instead," said Seokjin because he kind of didn't want to go too far.

Jungkook, without a second thought, took off everything except his underwear, without forgetting to flex his muscles. Everyone laughed and cheered for him (in an evil manner). Everyone except Hoseok who was so quiet throughout the game. He wasn't ever chosen to play that day, and he didn't want to ask the others to do something very crazy. It's because he worried if it was his turn, his friends would take revenge on him. "Earth calling Hoseok!!" said Taehyung beside him, bringing Hoseok back to reality. "It's your turn!"

Oh god, he really should believe the Laws of Attraction. He chose dare, and the others were all thinking hard about what to dare Hoseok to do. Hoseok is the bravest among all of them(but seriously is he?) so he would do everything. But Namjoon's dare made him taken aback.

"Guys, it's prom night next week right?" Namjoon asked and smirked at the others. Taehyung and Jimin immediately get what he meant.

"Go confess to him!" the three of them said together.

"Really?" asked Hoseok.

Namjoon tapped on his shoulder. "Don't worry, man, you can do it!" Seokjin agreed by saying that he and Namjoon would not be together if Namjoon wasn't brave enough to tell him how he felt. But Seokjin's personality is way far away from what Hoseok's 'him's personality is. Hoseok sighed because he was too concerned about that.

He had been having a crush on the 'him' for two years but he didn't have the guts to ask the guy to be his boyfriend. He thought that he would be rejected.

"But, it's Yoongi, guys! Are you sure I'm-"

"If you don't do it you won't know if he'll accept you or what." Namjoon was right.

===

For the next few days, Hoseok just couldn't focus on class or his tasks at home. Everything in his mind was about Yoongi. How would Yoongi react if he confessed to Yoongi? What would happen? What should he do if he was rejected?

Two days before the prom, Namjoon brought Hoseok to a shop which sells lots of suits and formal outfits for guys. Hoseok was told that he should dress himself up smartly so that he could leave a good impression to his crush. Hoseok chose a navy blue suit because he thought black was too mainstream and he wanted to stand out from the other guys.

"Are you sure all these hard work will pay off?" asked Hoseok again.

"Trust me, fella', when there's a will, there's a way. If there's no way you can find, make yourself one. At least we could try. Plus, you can keep this suit for further uses." True, Hoseok didn't have one before. Thanks to Namjoon whose father actually is good friends with the shop owner, Hoseok could buy the suit with half price, which is totally reasonable.

"Thanks, man," said Hoseok.

"You've got your other stuff? Like... leather shoes? A shirt?"

"I'll wear a white T-shirt instead."

"Eww, you don't know etiquettes," teased Namjoon.

"You don't know fashion and our age," answered Hoseok. 

Meanwhile, his other friends are giving him their advice on how to confess to someone. The next day, Hoseok, Jimin, Jungkook and Taehyung were at the canteen eating mac and cheese. "Sometimes, to get a lover you just need to be humorous enough. And trust me, you've got that!"

Hoseok shrugged his shoulders upon hearing Taehyung's words. Taehyung's right at some point, but is Hoseok really a humorous guy? He just likes to laugh and is super positive and that's all. He couldn't always pop out a joke like how the other romantic guys could. PLUS, what if Yoongi didn't like guys with too many jokes?

"Hoseok, if you're not sure what to do, then you don't have to know. Just. Be. Yourself. You're good as you are," said Jmin.

"And y," added Taehyung. Jimin rolled his eyes.

"Guys, what if I got rejec-"

"No! Stop the negativity! You're super positive so be confident as usual. You can do it!" Jungkook finally had a chance to say something.

"I hope so..." Hoseok shrugged his shoulders again and sighed. Yoongi just had that aura that people would not be sure whether to approach him or not.

===

It's the prom night that everyone's been waiting for! Hoseok and his friends gathered at Namjoon's house before they went to the ballroom on that day. Everyone's wearing suits, except Taehyung who just wore a white Oxford shirt and a pair of suspenders. everyone's sure he's going to seduce with some girls.

When they reached the ballroom, they were all surprised to see the lavishly decorated hall. There were crystal lamps hanging everywhere on the ceiling. There's food everywhere, and sparkling juices (no alcohol was allowed, and Namjoon was super sad about that). "remember your dare, buddy," whispered Namjoon at Hoseok's ear before smirking evilly. "Guys, let's go eat first!"

After shoving food into their mouth for about an hour, the highlight of the event had finally started. Music started to be played in the ballroom, and every guy was searching for a partner to dance with. Seokjin and Namjoon went to the centre of the ballroom to start dancing. It's classical music being played and they enjoyed very much, without bothering how others viewed.

Hoseok was about to find a friend to accompany him so that he wouldn't have to find Yoongi alone. However, Taehyung was still craving for desserts, claiming that he's not full yet. Jungkook and Jimin were surrounded by some pretty girls, perhaps they were flirting with the girls.

"Just go there by yourself. Be a man okay? I'll support, no, we'll support you from behind!" said Taehyung.

"But... I'm worried..." Hoseok hesitated.

“Don't worry~ We'll always keep an eye on you, okay? Don't forget to tell us if you succeeded or not! Now, go and get him, don't stay here and do nothing~ Bye~" said Taehyung while pushing Hoseok to the other side. Hoseok stared at him before decided to finally get himself together and search for the person he's going to confess to. After searching around for several minutes, he finally spotted Yoongi at the sofa area, sitting alone in an armchair while holding a glass of sparkling juice. While he was hesitating, he received a text message from Jungkook.

"what are you waiting for? go get him :)))" texted Jungkook. Hoseok looked at Jungkook who winked at him. Knowing that his friends really were keeping an eye on him, he started to go forward but he saw another guy approaching Yoongi. The guy smiled and moved his hand forward, perhaps inviting Yoongi for a dance. However, Yoongi rejected the guy without smiling even a bit. Hoseok was taken aback when he saw the guy walking away while sighing. Perhaps he shouldn't go...

Hoseok received another text, this time from Taehyung. "I saw what happened there. Don't worry, you'll never know if you don't try." Hoseok smiled standing there but suddenly received another text from Seokjin. "MY SUNSHINE JUST GO!!!!!! YOLO! " Hoseok turned around and saw Seokjin standing at the corner, Namjoon not by his side. Gaining his courage once again, Hoseok decided to really go forward and sit in the armchair next to Yoongi's. When he sat, Yoongi just looked at Hoseok for a second before drinking his sparkling juice again. "Hey," Hoseok said to break the silence.

"S'up," replied Yoongi without looking at Hoseok.

"So, how are you doing here?"

"Fairly fine," Yoongi said while crossing his legs, swirling the drink in the glass he's holding. Hoseok couldn't explain but he liked Yoongi's aura. He's cool, and somehow swag although he seldom spoke to others.

"Are you alone?"

"What do you think I look like?" replied Yoongi and there came silence.

"Nah, I'm alone, as you can see. My friend ditched me and said he couldn't come. He said he had diarrhoea so I have to come here alone. You see, I really don't want to deal with strangers, like you."

"But then why are you here talking to me?" Hoseok was confused.

"I don't know. You look... quite natural? From the way you talked to me, I knew that you're not like those chumps out there just wanting to have fun with me or something."

"Well," Hoseok laughed a little, "should I say 'thank you'?"

"As you wish." Yoongi looked at Hoseok and smirked. OMG, THIS WAS A BLESSING I SWEAR! Hoseok thought.

"Hey, how about you? You're alone?" Yoongi asked him back. Great, we're being acquaintances right now. "I came here with my friends. They ditched me here though, either dancing or flirting."

"Why don't you go dance with other girls out there?" What? So, was Yoongi trying to hint him so that he could get away?

"I'm... I wanted to ask a particular someone to dance with me... but I don't know if I should... And you?" said Hoseok.

"I don't like dancing." Yoongi's reply made Hoseok shocked again. Aw , that means I don't have a great chance?

"Er... all right," Hoseok was hesitating whether to give up or not until the guy beside him spoke again. "So, can you do me a favour?"

"Talk to me, I'm bored." The request made Hoseok widened his eyes. "Umm, fine. But what should we talk about?"

"About life. About how we ruined our high school life."

"Why? I think my life in high school is the best!" Of course, Hoseok could pursue his dream to dance in school, and he could meet cool friends like Namjoon and the others. Most importantly, he found that one person, one cool person that made him wanted to be with that person forever. Yes, Min Yoongi. Just a short distance from me now.

"High school life ," Yoongi answered, "I mean MY high school life ," he finished his drink in the glass and then continued, "My high school life is like the worst out of all!"

Hoseok did not make a reply because he thought it would be better to just listen.

"You know, those normie high school kiddos are so fake out there. They crave for attention from the teachers just by acting obedient and being active in class. I don't like that. I enjoy staying quiet in class - I know when should I raise up my hand to ask or answer questions, but I'm not those mood makers that always attracts attention from class. I thought that it's going to be fine as long as I'm being myself, but the reality is those attention - um perhaps I went too far with my words but I think it's better describing them like that - are always the star of the class. They're like gods, everyone listens to them, everyone wants to be friends with them. And people like me, nobody wants to even come near to me. Well, that's fine, I don't like getting along with them though. I don't trust anyone outside. Do you?"

Hoseok thought about Namjoon and his other friends. "If they're sincere to you, then why not?"

Yoongi shook his head. "If you really have such sincere people in your life, you're so lucky. I envy you."

"So you're always alone? Don't you have friends?"

"I've got some, of course. Just in case you've got something urgent, you can always rely on them. But once I had a best friend. We're really close that people around me thought we're a gay couple. We had deep talks almost every night. We were always there for each other. Things were somehow awesome until one day - when it's almost exam time - we're suddenly distant. That guy didn't like meeting me anymore. Like suddenly, his expression would become so cold everytime our eyes meet. I tried to ask him why, I tried to solve the problem with him, but he said it was nobody's fault. He said it's better to stay like that. Like, seriously? Did he really want our friendship to just end without me even knowing what in the hell happened? Then we never talked anymore. But I've cared for him too much and he's quite very important to me in my life so I just couldn't face this fact. The point is I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHY DID WE END UP LIKE THAT! I asked him and also myself many times to find out why, but I had no answer."

"It must be very bad for that to happen," Hoseok said while patting Yoongi's back.

"I was so sad back then, or maybe I could say pathetic? I was at a total mental breakdown state on the first few days because I still could not accept this fate. I lived like a zombie without any motivation or direction. As a result, I almost flunked the exam after that. Thank goodness my grades are still quite okay and nobody questioned about it. Thankfully I got into realisation because of that. One, never act emotionally. Two, never put too much trust in anyone. I MEAN ANYONE. One shouldn't fully trust anybody because you never know if the person you trusted would bring trouble to you by betraying you, by leaving you alone when you need that person the most, by letting you feel pathetic because of that."

"I empathise that feeling. Hope you feel better by now." Hoseok said.

"Since then, I've become more towards an introvert. I really seldom talk to others. Well, my other friends understand me, so they won't force me to go socialise with others. I just don't want to get hurt again for the same reason."

"But then, " Yoongi said, "I started to feel something strange. I suddenly had something I wanted really, really much. And that feeling of wanting that thing always tortures me till now."

"What was that thing?"

"I like someone." Upon hearing the words, Hoseok's heart throbbed, hopeless.

"Since two years ago, I fell for a guy in school. And I was always following him, hoping that he might notice me. But, hello? Would somebody like such an introvert like me?" Yoongi asked Hoseok.

Yes! And that somebody is me! I really liked you! Hoseok wanted to say that out loud, but then he realised that the guy beside him now would definitely not approve this. Hoseok is a weirdo after all.

"You know, those strange feelings really tortured me like a demon. I wanted to be with him, but I'm afraid I would get hurt. What should I do?" Yoongi sighed. "Should I tell him how I feel, or should I just keep it a secret?"

"I don't know. It's up to you in this case."

Yoongi sighed again. "That's right, love, such a peculiar feeling. I wonder how good would it be if love wasn't so complex along with so many conditions and 'what if's, I wonder how good would it be if unconditional love without hurting anyone really occurs."

"I agree," said Hoseok.

"So, do you have anyone you had a crush on?" asked Yoongi, which made Hoseok taken aback.

"Ummm... yes." Hoseok blushed while he answered.

"Aww, then why not confess to her?" Yoongi asked again. But it's a 'him'!!!! screamed Hoseok, mentally of course. Yoongi smirked after seeing Hoseok without any reaction.

"Excuse me, I have to go to the washroom." Yoongi excused himself and left.

Hoseok was still sitting there, looping Yoongi's voice asking the question in his mind. He was drawn into a flashback when the first time Yoongi met and he fell for Yoongi immediately.

===

He remembered the first time they met, which was about two or three years ago. He was dancing with his crew in the centre of the basketball court, in conjunction with the Talent Week of the school. Hoseok acted as the centre and showed off his amazing moves to the huge audience. Suddenly, he saw a guy standing in front of the crowd, crossing his arms while watching Hoseok dance with a somehow mysterious smile. Well, maybe to others the guy looked ordinary and not attractive, but to Hoseok he's super hot. Hoseok, for some reason, liked that guy's aura very much. Was that feeling called love at first sight? Hoseok thought.

At the end of the performance, Hoseok managed to do a splendid backflip (which he thought he would fail), and he was looking at that guy while smiling proudly during the ending pose. The guy watching gave Hoseok a big applause while smirked mysteriously again.

That guy sure has an interesting character in Hoseok's opinion, so from that day onwards, Hoseok started following (or you can call that stalking) the guy secretly. Soon, he found out that guy's name Yoongi, and which class he's in, and that Yoongi is a brilliant school rapper compared to those in the similar age. He even watched Yoongi's performance during the school's Talent Show later on. Since then, Hoseok always day-dreamed about performing with Yoongi on the same stage. He even asked Namjoon to teach him rapping when they had free time. Unfortunately, that collaboration stage never happened even until the last day of high school.

Hoseok clearly remembered that one time when he was walking past the lockers in the locker room to get something he left in his locker. On his way, suddenly a hand grabbed his shoulder and pulled him to the side.

"What the..."

"Shhh... I need your help now." It was Yoongi behind a locker door.

"What the..." Hoseok was surprised (?) upon seeing his crush.

"Shut up. Just stand in front of me and block me from other people's sight. I gotta change."

Hoseok's heart skipped a beat. So what now? Should I...

Yoongi grabbed Hoseok's shoulder to adjust his position. "Don't move. Look over there." Yoongi pointed at the window at the opposite before starting to change his clothes.

Hoseok's body stiffened during the whole process until Yoongi called him again.

"Hey, you, I'm done." Hoseok turned around like a robot and looked at Yoongi.

"I'm really done now, thanks," Yoongi gave Hoseok that mysterious smile again before he walked away, leaving Hoseok alone with his fluttering heart.

===

"Earth calling... don't..." Yoongi was tapping Hoseok's shoulder really hard.

Hoseok was drawn back into reality. He looked beside him and saw Yoongi back with two glasses of sparkling juice. "Here's yours," said Yoongi while giving Hoseok one glass.

"Thank you," Hoseok said, a little bit blushing while he received the drink.

"So, umm, what's your name though?" Yoongi asked.

"Jung Hoseok, nice to meet you," Hoseok said while giving his hand to Yoongi.

Yoongi made a gun with his fingers, making Hoseok widening his eyes, and then he laughed. "Yoongi."

"So, Hoseok, what are you anticipating after you graduate?"

"Um, I don't know. I just want to look at the broader world out there, and meet more people, regardless of great ones or normal ones. And you?"

Yoongi smiled while swirling the sparkling juice in his glass, and then said, "Freedom."

"Yeah, right, freedom."

"Hoseok, another reason why I hated high school is that there's no freedom. Often, you don't know what you're doing. You're just acting in front of others. You don't know what you want deeply. I want to end this fast because I really want to start living for myself and loving myself without worrying about any guilt. So, Hoseok, please, love yourself during those days. Wear what you want to wear, drink as much as you want to drink, love as much as you can and you want to. There's no restriction, no banning, so as long as you think it's right, do it. Seriously."

"I agree. I want to pursue my dreams. I want to study dance at the Korean National University of Arts. I want to be a brilliant dancer."

"Oh, what a coincidence. I'm planning to go there too!"

"Really?" Hoseok's eyes brightened.

"I want to learn Music Producing there."

"So, at least I've got a friend there!" Hoseok clapped.

"Friend," Yoongi smirked while shaking his head. He also sighed a little.

Then they just sat there without talking to each other for a very long time. All they could hear were classical music, and Seokjin's weird laugh after telling his daddy jokes to others.

Hoseok realised that he had a dare to finish, and he actually wanted to do this so much. After gaining all his courage together, he said to Yoongi, "Yoongi, I've got something to tell you."

"Hoseok," Yoongi didn't hear Hoseok's words. "it's very boring here. I want to go somewhere else. Will you accompany me?"

Hoseok was a bit sad because Yoongi did not hear what he said.

"Let's go," Yoongi grabbed Hoseok's arm and then walked quickly to the entrance. Hoseok wandered around to make sure nobody noticed them leaving.

As they're out of the grand building, Yoongi stopped a cab and then they went into the car.

"Please drive us to the Brisas bar," Yoongi said to the driver.

"What? To a bar?"

"I want to have some alcohol. And we could officially get them now. So, why not?"

Hoseok had nothing to say so he looked at the scenery outside. They passed by many buildings, high and low, modern and industrial, shop lots and residences. Lots of people were out there enjoying their lives. Is Yoongi the person I could enjoy my life with in the future? he asked himself. Then, Hoseok looked at Yoongi who was playing some games on his phone. He smiled and then continued looking at the scenery.

===

Meanwhile, Hoseok's friends were busy searching for Hoseok in the ballroom. They also called Hoseok and sent him numerous text messages hoping that their friend would reply and tell them where he's at.

"Geez, where's Hoseok? Wasn't he talking with his crush just now?" asked Jimin while scanning through the sofa area.

"Yeah. Wait, where's Yoongi by the way?" asked Namjoon, quite worried about Hoseok.

"Maybe they wet to somewhere else without informing anybody~" suggested Jungkook.

"But the highlight event is about to start now! The prom king and queen pageant!" said Jimin. Seokjin and Taehyung were both nominated and the results were about to be announced. So, where's Hoseok?

"Just continue texting him and calling him!" said Namjoon.

===

Hoseok followed Yoongi into the quite noisy Brisas. They sat at the sofa area (again) and ordered a drink each. Yoongi ordered a mug of beer while Hoseok ordered orange juice. Yoongi told Hoseok to just choose an alcoholic drink to celebrate their long-awaited graduation.

"Fine, another mug of beer please," said Hoseok.

For the next two hours, they chatted a lot. Hoseok told Yoongi about his gang of friends, while Yoongi just listened to the guy in front of him talking. He envied Hoseok for actually having such awesome friends, and such a wonderful life in high school, while his... awfully.

Eventually, Yoongi drank a lot, and he's still chilling like he didn't drink any. However, Hoseok started to talk abnormally. His cheeks started to become red. His walk was unstable. Regardless, Hoseok walked into the centre area where others were dancing with their partners or friends. Then Hoseok started dancing to the EDM music. At first, Yoongi just sat there watching Hoseok dancing, while drinking the glass of Tequilla Sunrise he just ordered.

Then, Yoongi realized that it was late and that maybe Hoseok needed to go home. Well, he didn't care about going to his own home because his parents were working overseas. Therefore, Yoongi went into the crowd at the dancing area to search for Hoseok.

When Yoongi found the dancing Hoseok, he straight away went to Hoseok and grabbed Hoseok's shoulders.

"Hoseok, stop dancing! You're drunk now! Let's go home!"

Hoseok shook his head while speaking not quite clearly, "No! I wanna dance till sunrise!"

"Hoseok, stop!! We're in the public now! Don't embarrass yourself!" Yoongi accidentally hit the shoulder of another man, so he turned around and apologised to him, earning a grunt from the stranger.

"Fine!" Hoseok sat on the floor, looking dejected.

"Let's go now," Yoongi said while pulling Hoseok's arm.

"Don't go, stay with me."

"We're going home!"

"I don't want to!"

"Then where do you want to go to?"

"I want to go into your heart!" Hoseok shouted, tears about to fall.

Yoongi was shocked to hear Hoseok's words, not because of the content, but because of the moment when Hoseok said it.

"I wanted you to know already since a long time ago. I like you. I love you. I've been wanting to hold your hands for a long long time..." Hoseok paused.

"Go on," Yoongi didn't stop Hoseok.

"But... I... I'm scared that you won't like me or even notice me! I'm scared that you won't like someone too noisy and naive like me..." Like Yoongi, Hoseok's also being tangled by the strange feelings of love. "I don't want to be rejected but I couldn't bear keeping this secret with myself. Not wanting to say what you actually wanted to say, isn't it ironic?"

Yoongi just listened.

"To me, you're special - maybe you don't think I am. I really liked you because of how special you are to me. Your aura, your character, your presence! Almost everything!" Hoseok spread his arms.

Yoongi was so touched upon hearing Hoseok's confession. He heard everything clearly in spite of the noisy environment.

"You've been hurt by a lot of people out there. Fake friends, people who looked down on you, the reality... so I wanted to protect you. Trust me, I really want to, and I can! But..."

"But what?" Yoongi asked, his voice shaking. He tried very hard to hold back his tears.

"What if everything's only my mere imagination? What if my confession will result in a 'no' from you? What if you really don't like me? What if..." Hoseok started to weep, looking regretful for even confessing.

Yoongi didn't make a reply and just squatted there looking at Hoseok. After a few minutes of silence, he tapped Hoseok's shoulder. "Let's go home, it's really late now."

Hoseok walked clumsily while Yoongi half-carried him out of the bar. "Geez, if you couldn't drink then don't force yourself," Yoongi mumbled while calling a cab. Fortunately, a cab came not after a long wait.

On the cab, Yoongi sat beside Hoseok after he and the driver settled the drunk guy. "130-1, Sangsu-dong, please," said Yoongi. He noticed that he didn't know where Hoseok or his friends live, and it would be too illegal to rent a hotel room by now (to avoid any false thoughts from the drunk guy). Plus, there's nobody else living in Yoongi's home at the moment, so maybe it's better to take care of Hoseok there.

On the way to Yoongi's home, Yoongi was about to fall asleep until he felt a weight on his shoulder. He looked to his left and found Hoseok's head on his shoulder. Hoseok's snoring could clearly be heard by Yoongi, and he smiled looking at Hoseok, sleeping peacefully.

"Damn, I was just too stupid," Yoongi had a monologue with himself. "Or maybe, both of us are. If both of us know from the start that we liked each other, then we wouldn't suffer until now from lots of worries and stuff. If only we know that there's one step left to reach happiness that we longed for, we wouldn't have waited for so long..."

"Fine, I wasn't bold enough to take action, just like you. I was just worried about being rejected, being humiliated, being betrayed again, about too much!"

Yoongi chuckled after saying that.

"I like you, too, Hoseok. It was unexpected but I liked you since the first time I met you. But you didn't know. You didn't know that I was so fascinated by seeing you dance and doing that backflip. You didn't know that that smile of yours made my heart fluttered so much - although I tried hard not to act as my heart did. You didn't know that I saw you during my performance at the Talent Show. And I winked at you - of course you didn't know, you're scanning your surroundings. You didn't know, how lucky did I feel when you're in front of me in the locker room. You didn't know, how many times did I ever try to approach you - yet you're always stalking me. You didn't know that I always knew when you're stalking me, and I always did not look back at you, so that you won't go away, so that we could maintain at that distance for a longer time. You didn't know... how unexpected it was..."

Yoongi could feel some drops of tears running through his cheek. Tears of happiness - but he didn't care. He's just happy to be with Hoseok right now.

===

When they arrived at Yoongi's home, Yoongi settled Hoseok on Yoongi's bed. Hoseok just rolled around, mumbling words Yoongi couldn't hear. Yoongi looked at him for a while before he left the room to wash himself up. However, Hoseok suddenly got up and held Yoongi's hand, making Yoongi taken aback.

"Yoongi," he said while holding Yoongi's hand tighter, "please stay by my side for tonight. Perhaps, just for once? I've never demanded or requested for anything before, but just for once, stay with me..." Yoongi just looked at Hoseok who was smiling playfully.

"I'll be happy if you're willing to," continued Hoseok.

Yoongi caressed Hoseok's chin while smiling weakly. Then, he left the room to calm himself down.

Later, Yoongi changed into more comfortable clothes before looking into the room to spot an already sleeping Hoseok. He didn't want to go nearer because he didn't want to wake Hoseok up again.

"Geez, don't drink too much if you really can't next time," he mumbled.

===

The next day, Hoseok woke up at about 9 a.m. He got up and looked at his surroundings, not knowing where he was and why he was there. He searched for his phone, (which Yoongi placed on the bedtable last night). When he turned his phone on, he was shocked to see more than 60 missed calls from his friends and hundreds of texts and spams.

Hoseok stood up, feeling a bit dizzy. He looked at his reflection in the mirror, saw how he dressed like and wondered, "Wasn't I at the prom last evening? What happened? Why am I here?"

Suddenly, he heard the door opening and his crush walked into the room.

"Oh my gosh!" Hoseok almost screamed. "Why are you here?"

"It's my room, I can be here. Why are YOU here?"

"Er, I don't know, actually. It was prom night yesterday, right? And then I forgot what happened."

"Are you SERIOUSLY that drunk, fella'?"

"Drunk?"

And then Yoongi spent about half an hour explaining what happened to Hoseok, including the time he had to answer Hoseok's questions such as "Really?" and "I don't believe it! Are you lying?" Then, finally, Hoseok remembered everything.

Well, Yoongi wasn't that dumb to include Hoseok's confession when he's drunk in the story.

"So you took care of me for the whole night? Waaa, thank you!"

"It's easy, just dump you onto my bed and leave you alone. But anyway, you're welcome."

Hoseok didn't know how to continue the conversation with his crush in front of him. There was an awkward silence.

"So, breakfast would be ready - don't worry, I'm living alone by the moment - better be fast."

"Fine, thank you."

"Do you need spare clothes or-"

"No, it's fine. I'll go home after I've eaten."

Yoongi nodded and left the room - no, he suddenly turned around and leaned against the door.

"So, you've got something to tell me last evening, didn't you?" Yoongi asked.

"Did I?"

"Didn't you?"

Then only Hoseok remembered that he had something really important to say. His dare.

"Yoongi," he gained his courage to say the words out, "it might sound weird but, I like you."

Yoongi just stood there and smiled. The same mysterious smile as the first time they met.

"I knew it!" said Yoongi.

"What? When?"

"Yesterday you told me when you're drunk."

"Really? WHAT THE-" Hoseok couldn't believe how embarrassing was the stuff he had done yesterday, in front of his crush. He didn't expect that to happen - he wanted a serious confession, not a drunk one.

"It's fine. It's totally fine." Yoongi reassured him.

"I really really like you, I know I might be too weird for your preference but still..."

Yoongi walked nearer to Hoseok till they're less than 50cm apart.

"Guess what?" Yoongi asked Hoseok and then paused, making Hoseok confused.

The next thing Hoseok knew was that he's in Yoongi's arms, while Yoongi's head was already buried in Hoseok's chest.

"It might be weird for me to admit..." Yoongi said softly, "but I like you too."

Hoseok's very surprised. Or maybe he's delighted to hear that. On a scale of 1 to 10, it was 100. Hoseok's definitely on cloud nine upon hearing the words, and he's also so happy seeing another side of Yoongi - the cute side.

Yoongi looked up to see Hoseok.

"Now what?" asked Hoseok.

"Is there anything else, we're official now!"

Wow, Yoongi's definitely bolder than I thought. thought Hoseok.

"But..."

"No buts and ifs, we've confessed to each other now, so what are we waiting for? Time to love as much as we wanted to!" Yoongi said before he stood on the tips on his toes to reach the same height as Hoseok. Then, Yoongi gave a light peck on Hoseok's lips.

Holy hell, is this a dream? No, this is definitely the best gift for my graduation!!!

Yoongi blushed and stuttered, "Ummm, I'll go set up the table." he said before leaving the room.

Hoseok didn't know how to react. Five seconds after Yoongi left, then only he realised that he should've returned a kiss or a hug or something else. He was just too happy to react!

Immediately, Hoseok sent a message to his 'godfather', Namjoon.

NAMJOON

10:01

Dude! I've finally succeeded!

?

my dare! my dare!

OMIGAWSH YOU CONFESSED TO HIM?

Of course I did B)

Did he accept it?

He said he liked me too!!!!!

OMMO CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT!

I'M ON CLOUD9 NOW!

Congrats, buddy!

Wait, where are you now?

Thank you~

Well that's a long story. I'll tell you guys once we meet up.

Anyway sorry for making you guys worried.

That's okay. We bluffed your mom anyway :)))

WHAT?

Whatever :))

Better inform her that you're alright now.

Bye~

Till now, Hoseok couldn't imagine how lucky and how smooth he was just now! He was finally a thing with his crush! And he's his crush's crush! What a coincidence!

This day is truly Hoseok's luckiest day in his life.

"HOSEOK! DID YOU FAINT OR SOMETHING?" Yoongi yelled from outside.

"No, I'm coming now!" Hoseok kept his phone and danced to the kitchen - anticipating about what would happen in their future.

The end~

{ -:¦:--:¦:--:¦:- AUTHOR'S NOTE -:¦:--:¦:--:¦:- }

Woah!! It's totally a long month since the foreword (exactly a month, guys!) and I've finally finished this one-shot! Thank you for waiting and sorry for letting you guys wait so long. Especially my dear friend Orange Cheetah whose birthday is actually in September. Happy very belated birthday :))) Anyway hope you guys like this story.

At first, it took me quite much time to think about the rough plot, and it basically requires more details than I thought it would. I totally had fun adding those details (which I hope weren't too much) to give the story more zing. Yoonseok is definitely a great pairing, so it deserves a try. Meanwhile, the other characters are just too extra (laugh-cries)! So I've brainstormed a lot about the way of presentation and also the content of their conversations, which is one of the reasons why I couldn't update the final story as soon as possible. A lot of polishing is also needed... Regardless, at the end, the feeling of accomplishment after finally finishing the story is truly hard to describe - OH YES I'M FINALLY DONE I'M SO HAPPY! So hope you guys could enjoy this fluffy (?) and dramatic (?) story. Also, thanks to my friends who gave me ideas and inspirations for this story. I remembered that I asked a friend about how he would confess to his love when he's drunk. His answer was Wouldn't you just make out right away? and that was SO SO FUNNY!

Once again, thank you all. Dear readers, do feel free to comment down here! Any feedback is totally appreciated :))) And I'm also very willing to interact with you guys~

 

So... by now, I have to continue my main story (which is about to be forgotten). If you guys are interested do check out the story which is linked at the foreword section. Thank you :)))

~until we meet again~