Stupid In Love

Stupid In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo hissed when Jinyoung didn’t pick up his phone on the fifth ring. Her lips pouted, her brows creased. She took a deep breath controlling her patience. It’s a super important thing and Jinyoung surely has the gut to ignore her calls. Till the tones almost disconnected, he didn’t show her the signs if he’s still alive. Well, it’s normal since it’s midnight and Monday is right around the corner. Who in the world a normal student that will stay up late night solving one mathematic question with its fifteen sub-questions that will bring out fumes out of your head? No one, unless they’re crazy.

He must be sleeping like a dead body to know that he’s on the final grade and the competition for signing in to the university is like a life and death of a war against Hitler’s sovereignty. He’s damn tired and slept right above the stack of books that content of deadly formulas mixed with some kind of yellowish sticky notes that cover up the whole wall of the corner of his room.

But Jisoo’s problem now is more important than university test that he had. So, she re-dialed up his number till that boy unwillingly being pulled out of his dreamland and greeted her with his hoarse voice, “What’s wrong, Jisoo-ya?”

“What took you so long to pick up my phone, huh?!” Jisoo exclaimed. She relieved that finally, Jinyoung picked it up. And second, she didn’t want to wake her parents up at this hour.

“Sorry.” That boy answered shortly. Well, that sounds lethargic actually. His eyelids were heavy then again he didn’t feel like having a small fight just for discussing about her rude greeting just now. Wait, is she in her period?

He doesn’t think so.

Jinyoung rubbed his face, blinking several couple of times. His head looked up to the wall and found that it was just two in the morning and Jisoo called him when half of people on earth are still in a deep slumber, “What’s wrong? Are you not sleeping? Why don’t you sleep?”

“No, not yet. Because I’m on the phone with you!” As long as she remembered, that was the stupidest question from the smartest student like Jinyoung in her memory.

“Are you calling me just for throwing tantrum like that? If it’s yes, then you’d better go to sleep.” He massaged his temple. It feels like he slept for about ten minutes ago.

“No, it’s just…” Jisoo’s tone softened a bit. She knew, Jinyoung could be really mad when people disturbed his sleeping time. Not even Jisoo.

“It’s just?”

“It’s just… there’s a kitten on the tree in front of my house.”

“Seriously, Jisoo-ya?! You disturb my sleeping time just for telling me that there’s a kitten on the tree in front of your house?!” He repeated her sentence just perfectly fine. Jinyoung couldn’t think further. Those eye bags and dark circles under his eyes are a legit proof that he really needs sleep. A good sleep without disturber.

“Do you really have to yell at me like that?!” Her voice raised three octaves.

Jinyoung laughed cynically, “This is utterly ridiculous, ahra? Stop playing like a little girl and crawl back to your bed. It’s past midnight, copy that?” He sounds like a cruel boyfriend and her fussy mom at the same time that won’t stop chirping when her little girl couldn’t be controlled.

“That kitten’s leg trapped in between the branches.” Like it or not, want it or not, Jisoo had to tone down her ego, “Can you… help me?”

The boy heaved a sigh, “Okay.”

“Really?!!” She jumped expressing her sudden happiness, “Yeay, thank you, handsome Park Jinyoung! You’re indeed an understanding boyfriend!” She squeaked to the point that could make his ears deaf if he didn’t estrange the phone.

“But we’re gonna help it tomorrow.” Damn! Now his sleepiness faded slowly.

“Andwae!”

“Godness, you know what time is it, Kim Jisoo?” Jinyoung asked while holding back his annoyance. Kim Jisoo is a hard-headed girl, but he could always control her with only few words.

“Two in the morning.” Her happiness vanished in a second. Jisoo pouted while staring at the poor kitten. The problem is, she really loves it and her little heart wouldn’t allow her to see it shrieking asking for help on its own language.

“Yes! It’s two AM and you—“

“Please.” Jisoo begged sweetly. Well, she might be the worst doing aegyo. She will be shuddering every time she heard someone doing it. Or the worst possibility is, she’s forced to do that to get what she wanted. However, coaxing the fierce Park Jinyoung is not a big deal for Kim Jisoo.

“Look, I said we’ll help it but not now. Not when the apartment’s security would suspect me as a robber because I climb on the tree right in front of your window two in the morning, Kim Jisoo.” The only logical reason Jinyoung had in mind to pull down her argument. Actually, for God’s sake, he’s tired and his legs refused to walk anywhere, even to crawl back to his own bed.

“You don’t pity it?! What if that happened to your legs?!”

Jinyoung rose up from his seat and tried hard to heave a sigh without being heard by that girl, “Jisoo-ya…”

Jisoo knows that Jinyoung is trying hard to hold back his e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter