Baby Driver

How deep is your love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hwang Minhyun was bored.

They were given a week off after the tiring non-stop world tour. He has cleaned every corner of the dorm, wiped every surface, and tidied up everything but he was still itching for something to do. He lied on top of the covers of his bed. The whole bed was shaking as the two occupants on the upper bunk tickled each other, loud laughter echoing around the room.

"STOP IT OR YOU'RE DEAD KUANLIN-AAAAAH!" Park Jihoon shouted and Kuanlin giggled in response. Minhyun lazily stood and peeked up at the youngsters fooling around. He climbed up the ladder and allowed himself to fall heavily on top of the kids who groaned in pain.

"MINHYUN HYUUUUUNG~" Park Jihoon whined aloud.

Kuanlin scooted aside to make room for the elder.

"LAI KUANLIN DON'T YOU DARE! WE WON'T FIT! NOOOO WAAAAY! OUCH I CAN'T BREAAAAAATHEE!" Park Jihoon protested loudly while Kuanlin continued laughing.

But Minhyun was already wedged between the both of them, their necks locked in his arms. He stayed like that until Jihoon gave up and turned completely quiet. 

"Are you asleep Jihoonie? Hmm?" Minhyun whispered in the younger's ear who was facing the wall, away from him.

"How about you, Kuanlin-ah?" Minhyun turned to face the youngest whose face was too close.

Kuanlin kept his eyes closed but he was smiling. 

After a while, Minhyun got tired of their unresponsiveness that he moved to go down. When his toes hit the floor, the bed started to shake again as the kids continued to tickle each other as if Minhyun never disturbed them in the first place. 

He went out of the room. He found Bae Jinyoung lying on the couch, face toward the ceiling with his eyes closed. Minhyun rested his arms on the backrest and stared down at his favorite dongseng.

"Hyung, what are you doing?" Daewhi's voice startled Minhyun and Jinyoung at the same time.

"What?" Minhyun asked, feigning innocence as he moved to where Jinyoung was lying. Minhyun lifted Jinyoung's small head and sat down, his lap serving as a pillow for his dongseng.

"YOU WERE STARING CREEPILY AT HIM!" Daehwi announced for the world to hear, pointing at Jinyoung.

"You were?" Jinyoung asked, amused.

"So what, so what? Hmmm?" Minhyun pinched Jinyoung's neck, causing the younger to jerk involuntarily. 

"Minhyung hyung is creepy!" Daehwi ran away, his arms flapping around.

"You can stare at me all you want hyung, I don't mind." Jinyoung gave his hyung an eye-crinkling smile.

"You spoiled brat~" Minhyun grabbed both of Jinyoung's hands and locked their fingers.

"I'm a brat?" Jinyoung asked, his small lips pouting.

"No, I'm kidding. You're my baby." Minhyun kissed the back of Jinyoung's hand.

"Yes, daddy." Jinyoung smiled wide, crinkling his nose, showing both sets of teeth.

Minhyun got weak in the knees at the sudden cuteness of his dongseng.

He showered Jinyoung's hands with kisses, moving up his arms, his chest, his neck and up to his cheeks as Jinyoung giggled aloud.

Daehwi witnessed the whole scene and ran around the house again, screaming alien language as he expressed his disgust.

"JISUNG HYUNG! MINHYUN HYUNG IS DOING ERTED THINGS TO JINYOUNG HYUNG!"

Daehwi ran to the room shared by Jisung, Daniel, and Seongwoo.

"JISUNG HYUNG! MINHYUN HYUNG IS DOI-" Daehwi repated but was stopped by Woojin who just came out of the bathroom.

"Stop screaming in the middle of the night, Daehwi-ya!" Woojin covered his dongseng's mouth. 
"What is this all about?" Jisung appeared in the hallway outside the kitchen.

"JISUNG HYUNG! MINHYUN HYUNG IS-" Daewhi tried again but Woojin's hand returned to stop him.

"He said, Minhyun-hyung is being a ert again." Woojin repeated in behalf of Daehwi.

"HWANG MINHYUN!" Jisung walked to where the two were cuddling in the couch.

"Jisung-hyung, look. Minhyun-hyung has a love button." Jinyoung poked the older in the belly button and Minhyun responded with an aegyo filled 'Saranghae'.

Jisung shook his head in defeat. "Let's go Daehwi-ya, all you can do is cover your eyes. There's no stopping them." Jisung took Daehwi's arm and led him to his room.

"Jinyoung-hyuuuuung~" Daehwi faked cry as he was dragged away.

"Are you sleepy Jinyoungie?" Minhyun asked. 
Jinyoung didn't answer right away. He sat up and scooted over to sit beside Minhyun then whispered in his hyung's ear, "Can I sleep with you daddy?"

"You will?" Minhyun Jinyoung's hair and pulled his small head down to rest on Minhyun's shoulder.

"No, I'm kidding." Jinyoung instantly jumped to stand and wiggled his in the air, his arms raised and imitating Minhyun himself.

Minhyun clapped as he laughed, always weak for Jinyoung's antics.

"Can we at least cuddle?" Minhyun laid himself down on his side, his head resting over the armrest of the sofa. 

But Jinyoung just grinned at him, showing all his teeth. 

"Daehwi will be lonely." And Jinyoung ran into the direction of his room. 

Minhyun lay quietly, staring up at the chandelier.

He never gets what he wants.


Daniel walked in to see Minhyun staring up at the ceiling. He stood stealthily by the door for a minute, waiting for Minhyun to move. But his hyung remained a statue. Daniel was beginning to wonder if his hyung was sleeping with eyes wide open.

Daniel tiptoed closer until he's close enough to see that Minhyun was actually blinking. 

 

So he wasnt asleep, huh.

 

Daniel wondered what got his hyung worked up. He too remained unmoving, sitting with his back to the wall, anticipating his hyung's next move.

But Minhyun never moved. Daniel was getting worried because no human could stay still for that long.

It's just impossible.

Daniel himself had shifted to at least forty positions ever since he chose this particular spot to sit on.

Finally, he got tired of waiting for Minhyun and he dragged himself to the sofa.

Daniel used his head to block whatever in the celing got Minhyun impressed. His face now directly above Minhyun's.

Minhyun startlingly sat straight up, his forehead clashing against Daniel's jaw in process.

"OUUUCCCCCHHH!" They chorused in maximum volume.

They both looked around then, worried they might've woken their brothers and seeing that nobody came out of their rooms to complain, they both sighed in relief, then they looked at each other, faces amazed at their mirrored reactions, all in unison and complete synchrony. 

After realizing how stupid they were, they both laughed at each other.  Minhyun then moved aside to give Daniel space to sit beside him. The younger followed, adjusting the fabric of his tight black pants over the knee before taking a seat beside his hyung.

"Did your schedule end just now?" Minhyun asked, inspecting Daniel's face for any sign of exhaustion. Daniel was the only one who still had schedules while everybody had taken the day off. 

"Yeah. Uhm." Daniel wanted to ask Minhyun what he was thinking about before Daniel arrived.

"Have you had dinner?" Minhyun asked.

"Yeah, hyung. It was good. Anyway, is there anything that's bothering you?" Daniel placed a hand on Minhyun's shoulder.

"How did you know?" Minhyun looked at Daniel with wide eyes, surprised at how perceptive his dongseng was.

 

You were staring at the ceiling without moving for a while now.

 

"Just a guess. Am I wrong?" Daniel raised an eyebrow and removed his hand from his hyung's shoulder.

Minhyun laughed, leaning against the backrest of the sofa, his hand moving to run circles behind Daniel's back.

"Don't worry, hyung can take care of himself. You go ahead and rest. You must be tired." Minhyun continued, ruffling Daniel's hair.

Daniel made no move to stand.

He was worried about his hyung. Daniel knew it’s hard to take care of all ten of them, and Minhyun being away from the members of his previous band must be getting lonely too. 

“Hyung, c’mon. Tell me what's on your mind.” Daniel insisted.

Minhyun’s smile faltered. 

“Nothing much, really. I just don’t know why I couldn't sleep.” Minhyun told the obviously worried younger guy.

“If I didn’t know you better, I would've said you’re having love problems.” Daniel chuckled behind his fist.

“Love problems, huh. Do I look like someone who never had love problems?” Minhyun looked at Daniel, reading his expression.

“Well, since your predictions have always been on point, I'm assuming you’re always one step ahead. If you encounter any problems, it's probably something you caused yourself.” Daniel mused, looking up at the chandelier. 

“Thank you, Niel.” Minhyun smiled at his younger brother who didn't know he was actually the one who was on point.

“Sure, hyung. Anytime.” Daniel gave his usual smile, revealing two front teeth that made him look more comical than cute.

“Aren't you sleepy though?” Minhyun pinched Daniel’s cheek.

Daniel hopped up in answer and padded into the direction of the kitchen. Minhyun followed him curiously.

“You hungry?” Minhyun called out but Daniel kept walking, quickly reaching the fridge and taking out a can of beer. Minhyun raised his eyebrows in acknowledgment. 

“Since hyung doesn't drink, how about Chilsung cider?” Daniel took out a green bottle.

“Okay, okay.” Minhyun took the alcohol-free beverage and sat himself on the bar stool. Daniel was on the other side of the counter, quickly opening his can.

“Hyung, I will be honest with you. I have been actually observing you.” Daniel said, sipping his beer.

“Really?” Minhyun swallowed, the bubbles of the carbonated drink passing roughly through his throat.

“Yeah. And I noticed one thing. You like initiating skinship don't you?” Daniel laughed when Minhyun almost spat his drink.

“What?” Minhyun wiped his mouth with  the back of his hand. He liked this side of Daniel. The younger actually is very sensitive to people around him. He realized maybe what Daniel was saying could be true. Minhyun motioned for Daniel to continue.

“But you hate it when you’re on the receiving end.” Daniel told him. Minhyun cocked his head to the side, pondering this.

Is that right?

“Elaborate.” Minhyun challenged.

“Well, you like showing your affection in various ways to us, all of us, but when we do it to you, maybe you don't mean to, but you take a step back, you subtly recoil.” Daniel stared at him with intent, telling him to acknowledge it.

Minhyun chewed on his lower lip. He tried to think of the times he intentionally avoided skinship. He couldn’t remember any. 

“Did it seem that way to you?” Minhyun asked, clearly perplexed at the deduction.

“Nah, I may be wrong.” Daniel smiled widely this time, his eyes sparkling a bit due to inebriation.

“I love all of you. I don't think I've ever shied away from anything you wanted to do with me.” Minhyun tilted the bottle almost vertically to empty the contents into his mouth. 

“Never?” Minhyun could hear Daniel’s voice growing closer. 

“Never.” Minhyun put the bottle down and accepted the staring contest Daniel was initiating. Daniel was leaning across the counter, his face zooming in for Minhyun. They both moved closer, closer, closer until there’s only a few inches apart and Minhyun could smell the beer in Daniel’s breaths. 

That's how it was when Bae Jinyoung entered the kitchen.

“Yah!” He shouted. His voice startling the two adults from their current positions.

“Jinyoung?” They both said at the same time, heads turning in unison which further infuriated the younger.

“What were you doing?” Jinyoung stayed rooted on the spot, his f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter