white rose

Be Wise Be Brave Be Tricky

The colourless sun shone through the sheer lace curtains the light reflecting on youngjaes eyes as he tried to keep them shut to get an extra few hours of sleep the younger boy turned over to see daehyuns side of the bed empty the youngjae doll in his place, had that whole thing just been a dream he asked himself as he placed his hand above him to feel a thorn prick him slightly, it was the rose from last night, the white rose the other Daehyun left for him, but if it was just a dream, why would that rose be there.

 

Youngjae didn’t mind that Daehyun wasn’t next to him this morning, all he cared about at the minute was trying to get back to the other Daehyun, to the other world.

 

He picked up the little youngjae doll, maybe that’s how he can get to the other world, with that thought in mind he got up from their double bed and placed the sheets back over where he was.

 

He walked down the stairs to find Daehyun sitting at the kitchen table, he’d clearly been needing a break from work, “youngjae, I made you some cereal” the older boy glanced over to the bowl of soggy cornflakes opposite the table from where he was sitting.

 

“Guess what I dreamt last night Daehyun” 

“What, youngjae” the older replied a lack of emotion in his voice,

“Well you were there but you had buttons for eyes.. and you made this huge meal of lobster and everything was clean and-“ the younger was interrupted, “Youngjae, why would I have buttons for eyes, what are you thinking”

“You don’t need to take everything so seriously” the younger muttered under his breath, 

“Anyway I’ve got to go to work, this kid was here earlier looking for you, I think his name was junhong, go play with him” and before youngjae could even think of replying the older had already left the house with a loud slam behind him, a slam that made the whole kitchen shake slightly beneath him.

 

 

The sky was still foggy, and the air was bleak, a humid breeze swept past his face as the grass beneath him crunched with his every move.

 

“Hey junhong”, the younger was crouched down on the ground near him “come here a sec” he called out, he needed to tell someone about his dream last night, and since Daehyun wasn’t listening junhong was the only person left.

“Where are we going youngjae, cause if we’re going in your house, I really don’t want to” the younger spoke up softly looking at youngjae, the two were walking over to the pink palace, youngjaes house.

 

“Its okay, I was gonna take you to see mr kim downstairs, I need to ask him something” the younger boy looked up at youngjae,

“What do you need to ask him”,

“It’s about this doll I get yesterday, here” he pulled out the sand filled doll with the button eyes, the mustard jumper dirtier then it was when he gained its possession.

“This doll... it looks exactly like you, apart from the bu-“

“Yeah... buttons, it’s just to similar to this dream I had last night” youngjae didn’t want to bring up the dream maybe it wasn’t even a dream, what if it was all real and what if the other Daehyun gave him the doll, but how.

“You dreamt about yourself with buttons” junhong had a questioning look on his face

“Not exactly, but yes... there was buttons” 

The two climbed down the stairs to the apartment below, the door already open letting out a crack of light from inside as curtains covered the window.

“Excuse me .... Mr Kim , I need to ask you something “ youngjae spoke up, trying to seem more confident then he actually was,

“Ah, you’re the one who just moved in yesterday” 

 Youngjae had heard of himchan and jongup but only from his extensive research on the place before they moved in, Himchan was older then him and had straight dark brown hair, covering his forehead, he and an intimidating stare compared to the man next to him, Moon Jongup, his business partner, he was younger and had brownish blonde hair matching his light brown eyes, all along with his incredibly structured face, the two of them had a business together, they were the two who sold the house to youngjae and Daehyun, the two who knows everything there is to know about the pink palace.

The reason youngjae was coming to ask about the doll and the little door was for that exact point, they know everything they’ve practically lived here all there lives.

“I need to ask you something, it’s about this doll” youngjae handed the doll in the mustard jumper over to himchan,

“This doll looks exactly like you, did you make it”

“No, that’s why I came to you... I had this dream last night but I don’t know if it was a dream” youngjae became hesitant as he spoke,

“What happened in the dream... do you mind me asking”

“No it’s fine, but my boyfriend Daehyun was there only he had button eyes”

“Button eyes, don’t worry about it, but keep me updates did you do” himchan had an eager tone in his voice then before, he had been waiting for this to happen again.

“Junhong come here a sec, I need to show you something” Youngjae motioned towards the stairs leading back up to his house,

“Thanks anyway himchan, I’ll keep you updated” he let out a slight smile towards the older man before placing a hand on junhong back as the walked back up the stairs.