White Camellia, Let's Dance

Tomorrow with You

A/N :

italic = thought

italic = song

 

 

 

 

--

Sojung hummed in reply. After a moment of silence, she exclaimed, “Oh, it’s a date then.”

“…a date? EH?”

Sojung winked. “Yeah, a date.”

Despite her heart going on highly irrational rate, Eunbi, after such a long time, she felt like she wouldn’t hate for a tomorrow to come.

--

 

Eunbi looked around her hospital room. She walked toward the closet. There’s nothing there beside her pink jacket. Eunbi huffed. A date means, it would mean that we go with something cute to wear, isn’t it? But, I only have this jacket… wait, do I just agree to call it a date?! Nah, it isn’t a date.

Eunbi shook her head and walked back to her bed. She fell onto the bed with a soft thump. Her eyes caught the sunshine filtering through the blind. Will she really come?

­Because strangely, Eunbi was kind of anticipating it. Eunbi stood up from her bed when a thought came to her. Wait, she never actually answer whether she’s a vampire of not!

Eunbi was walking back and forth in her room when there’s a knock on her door. Eunbi froze. Is there a knock or am I just imagining it? Soon another knocks were heard. Eunbi took a deep breath before she walked toward her door.

When she opened the door, Eunbi was greeted by an excited grin of Sojung, “Hey, you.”

“Oh, um. Hi?” Eunbi was at a loss for words. Because Sojung wasn’t wearing her hospital gown, instead it’s a button up white shirt paired with a faded jeans. And she’s letting her hair down. But, she has substituted her usual camera with an instant one this time. Eunbi was at a loss of words.

Sojung grinned at her. If there’s anything that Eunbi has learned from Sojung for the short time they have met, it would be how warm Sojung’s smile was.

“Will you let me in?” Sojung asked, still smiling at her.

Eunbi blinked. “Oh, right. Um, come here,” she mumbled, “Why is she so cute? I don’t get it?” moments later, she heard Sojung small laugh. “What’s so funny—off—“ Eunbi’s question died on when Sojung pulled her into a hug. And, If there’s anything else that Eunbi has learned from Sojung for the short time they have met, it would be how comfortable Sojung’s hug was.

“You are cute too in the daytime, Eunbi,” Sojung said after she pulled away, grin’s still intact.

Eunbi thought that her heart has already started its rollercoaster ride ever since Sojung appeared in her room, and they haven’t even going anywhere. To distract her heart from its rollercoaster ride, Eunbi pulled Sojung inside the room and close the door behind them. “Just—just come inside first.”

Sojung looked around the room. “Oh, it’s so neat and clean.”

Eunbi felt a little bit of pride.

Sojung turned to her. “It’s kinda surprising,” Sojung laughed.

Eunbi pouted. She walked toward her closet to pick her pink jacket out. For a moment she hesitated.

“Oh, you have a cute jacket, hm…maybe I should have wear my jacket which is similar to yours but it’s black,” Sojung said from behind her.

“…wait, you have the same jacket as the one I have?” Eunbi asked.

Sojung scratched her head. “Yeah. It’s black though.”

For some reasons, it surprised Eunbi to have something similar with Sojung, moreover, this jacket.

“So, do you want to go now?” Sojung asked.

Eunbi bit her lips. “Are you sure you want to go with me? I have no other clothes besides this hospital gown and this jacket.”

Sojung tilted her head. “Is there anything wrong with what you wear?”

“I—um—this is a d-d-date, you said,” Eunbi felt herself flush pink, “I am—isn’t—aren’t we supposed to look cute on a date?”

“But you are plenty cute already?”

Eunbi knew that her face grew even pinker.

Sojung took the jacket and helped Eunbi wore it. “Pink looks good on you.”

“Eunbi, as I have thought, pink looks good on you. It’s not wrong to buy that color for you.”

Eunbi wore her jacket with a grin. “It’s for me? Really? Woah?!”

Eunbi heard her laughter. Eunbi has a grin on her own. So, when the girl opened her arms, Eunbi run to those arms for a hug.

 

“Eunbi, hey are you okay?” Sojung’s question got through her jumbled memories of the past.

“Oh, yeah. Yeah, I am okay. I just remembered something,” Eunbi replied.

Sojung just smiled at her. “Are you ready to go?”

Eunbi nodded.

 

--

 

“Let’s go through the stairs. Less people there,” Sojung said.

Well, that’s what she said but when they arrived at the bottom stair, Sojung was wheezing.

“Are you okay? You look fit but you get out of breath like this just from 5 floor of stairs,” Eunbi said when she patted Sojung’s back comfortingly.

“I am—“ Sojung wheezed, “—just—“ another wheeze, “—a bit old.”

Eunbi frown. “How old are you?”

Sojung smirked, “A hundred years, because I am—“ wheeze, “—a vampire.”

Eunbi flushed again. “Yah! Why do you even remember that?!”

Sojung laughed but her laugh was short because she coughed soon after.

“Serve you right,” Eunbi pouted.

“I wrote it on my book, it’s funny,” Sojung tried to laugh again only to cough.

“Are you sure that you are okay?” Eunbi asked.

“I am okay, just need to catch my breath,” Sojung replied.

So they stayed there for some long minutes with Eunbi keeping an eye at Sojung while the latter was coughing, she has decided that if Sojung didn’t stop her coughs, she would bring Sojung back to the nurse.

“Alright, I am good. Let’s go,” Sojung said.

“Are you sure?” Eunbi frown.

Sojung smiled at her. “Are you worried of me? You care for me that much, huh?”

Eunbi hit Sojung’s arm instead of answering.

Sojung laughed again.

--

“Just act like we’re visitors,” Sojung prompted, “And we’re leaving the hospital.”

Eunbi tightened her jacket so that her hospital gown wouldn’t be clearly visible. She froze when she felt Sojung’s hand enveloped hers. Like her hugs and her smiles, Sojung’s hand was warm as well. So warm that it left Eunbi’s stomach tied in knots and her heart was having another rollercoaster ride.

“What kind of name that you want to use outside of the hospital?” Sojung asked casually.

“Name?”

“Yeah, because we’re running away,” Sojung replied, “I will be Sowon, I think.”

“Oh, shouldn’t you be called something like, Perfect Beauty—um—“ Eunbi blurted what’s on her thought before she could processed it.

“Perfect Beauty, huh? So, you think I am beautiful,” Sojung smirked.

Eunbi thought she would develop a permanent blush by this rate. “I mean, why Sowon?”

“Hm, dunno. I think it’s because I have lots of wish,” Sojung turned to her.

Under that gaze, Eunbi thought that she would probably melt.

“And you, what should we call you?” Sojung asked.

“I’m—I don’t know,” Eunbi said.

Sojung was still staring at her intensely. Eunbi seriously thought that she would melt for real. “I think Eunha would suit you,” Sojung said after a while.

“Eunha?” Eunbi echoed. She run her hand through her face to keep her focus at the conversation instead of at the depth inside Sojung’s eyes, or how beautifully dark her eyes were or—

“Because maybe you have a whole galaxy inside your eyes,” Sojung reasoned.

Eunbi giggled at the sheer cheesiness in that sentence.

“Ah, I make you giggle. I am rather awesome, if I could say so,” Sojung beamed.

“You are saying it out of nowhere,” Eunbi said in between her giggles.

“Because I have seen the sparkle in your eyes,” Sojung continued, “It reminds me of the whole galaxy. Because while it’s bright like the stars, there’s something else in it, the dark cloud, the incoming of impending storm.”

Eunbi sobered up at that, at the sudden truth in Sojung’s words.

“It’s okay even if it’s raining, I have an umbrella, remember?” Sojung turned to her with a smile.

Eunbi just squeezed Sojung’s hand.

--

Eunbi stared at the shop in front of her. Then she looked at Sojung.

“I think you are plenty cute already but if you wanted to wear something else, we could buy it here,” Sojung said.

Eunbi looked at her feet. “I have no money though.”

“Oh, it’s okay, I could pay it for you. You could pay me back later," Sojung said easily. “So, I think that’s a yes? Let’s go inside,” Sojung said merrily and pulled Eunbi inside the store.

“Huh? Wait—what—?”

--

Eunbi was out of the shop with a white and blue dress and her pink jacket on top of it. She’s still flushing at the compliments from Sojung because the latter was just staring at her in awe and then a soft ‘beautiful’ came out of Sojung’s lips.

Eunbi smacked her face to stop—she didn’t even know what she wanted to stop—

“Ready to go?” Sojung asked from behind her.

Eunbi yelped. “You—you will always surprise me when you called me…?”

Sojung laughed. And their hands were intertwined again. And again, Eunbi’s stomach tied in knots and her heart was having another rollercoaster ride.

--

Eunbi watched Sojung’s outstretched hand. “Um, I don’t know how to dance.”

“I don’t know either,” Sojung was still offering her hand at Eunbi.

They’re at the park not far from the clothes shop. The park wasn’t too crowded and it has some booths selling food. Apparently today was the day of a performer to perform their gigs at the park. Through the speakers, their song boomed all over the park. Eunbi thought that they could quietly enjoyed the music when Sojung stood up from her seat and offering her hand at Eunbi.

“I really don’t know how to dance, Sowon,” Eunbi tried to reason.

Sojung still beamed at her, and Eunbi didn’t think it’s possible but it seemed that Sojung beamed even more than before. “I don’t know how to dance either, Eunha. But, it seems to be fun? Let’s dance with me?” Sojung looked at her with puppy eyes and Eunbi knew that she’s finished. Eunbi sighed in defeat, she mumbled, “Being that cute must be illegal?! It should be illegal!?” Eunbi placed her hand on top of Sojung’s outstretched hand. Sojung’s grin was blinding her but it’s infectious so soon, Eunbi found herself smiling as well.

There’re a few people already dancing in the middle of the park. As they bodies sway along the music, Eunbi smiled again, because as strange as it is, Sojung always felt comfortable. Eunbi leaned on Sojung’s shoulder. Eunbi was surprised when Sojung whispered the song into her ears softly.

And darling, I want to walk with you

Darling, I want to spend the day with you

Walk with you under the cloudy sky

My darling, I want to spend the night with you

And dancing under the stars

My darling, would you stay with me?

And we will kiss under the mistletoe

Let’s sleep through the rain

And wake up with the sounds of the rain hitting the rooftop

Oh my darling,

Will you stay with me?

Eunbi looked at Sojung who’s a soft smile on her face. “You sing so well,” Eunbi stated in awe.

Sojung looked bashful.

“Wait the song, how do you know the lyric?” Eunbi asked.

Sojung frown. “I don’t know—I really don’t know—it’s weird, it just comes to me, the lyric.”

Feeling sorry at the pain flashed through Sojung’s eyes, Eunbi pulled the taller girl closer. “Sssh, it’s okay. Maybe you have heard it before? And it stays in your mind, you just don’t realize it.”

“It’s weird, because it isn’t like I forget everything,” Sojung said, her eyes were cloudy.

“Sowon,” Eunbi called. Suddenly afraid that Sojung would be lost into the place that she couldn’t reach.

“Ah, yeah,” Sojung refocused her eyes at Eunbi. “It’s almost dinner time, shall we find somewhere to eat?”

Eunbi nodded.

--

Their dinner was surprisingly nice. They bought some food from the food stall around the park. It wasn’t some kind of fancy dinner but Eunbi enjoyed it. When they have finished their dinner, they walked side by side. Sojung’s hand enveloped hers again. Eunbi didn’t mind it, even though she might die because her heart rate kept on going up and up.

“Ah, wait,” Sojung stopped on her step.

Eunbi turned to her in confusion. She watched Sojung picked a flower and put in on Eunbi’s ear. “Ah, pretty.” With that said, Sojung clicked her camera.

“Wait, your picture too,” Eunbi pulled Sojung beside her.

“Together?” Sojung hesitated.

Eunbi nodded. “Together.”

Sojung beamed at her. “Alright together.”

They took a picture. Actually, more than one pictures. And Eunbi kept one of the pictures.

“You could keep it,” Sojung offered the picture.

“Are you sure?”

“I have plenty pictures of this date,” Sojung smiled.

Eunbi accepted the picture with a smile and flushed face, but it’s already dark now, she’s glad that her flushed face wouldn’t be visible.

--

“So, do you enjoy our date, today?” Sojung asked when they have arrived in front of Eunbi’s room.

Eunbi nodded shyly. “Today is fun. Really fun.”

Sojung smiled. “Me too, enjoy it a lot, thank you for today.” Sojung pulled Eunbi into a hug. “Shall we go on another date, tomorrow?”

“Sure,” Eunbi replied softly. Sojung smelt like sunshine and flower, she noted.

--

When she’s laying on the bed that night, Sojung’s soft voice from their dance at the park lulled her to sleep.

 

 

And darling, I want to walk with you

Darling, I want to spend the day with you

Walk with you under the cloudy sky

My darling, I want to spend the night with you

And dancing under the stars

My darling, would you stay with me?

And we will kiss under the mistletoe

Let’s sleep through the rain

And wake up with the sounds of the rain hitting the rooftop

Oh my darling,

Will you stay with me?

 

 

 

 

 

a/n :

thank you for reading and commenting till now <3

for today trivia, white camellia means: you are adorable.

so, white camellia let's dance means: you are adorable, dance with me?

(´ ᴗ`✿)