Maybe, I Could Be

Maybe, I Could Be
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Invitation, please." The young PTG member who was doing door checks for the Phi Tau Gamma's event asked both Chaeyeon and Chaewon when it was their turn to enter inside the Phi Tau Gamma's house. The sisters presented their invitations while they waited for him to mark the tickets. "Once inside, you're unable to leave when the event starts. Once you leave, you can't come back in." He reminded them as both females nodded while passing him and through the doors to head on inside. "This is a pretty big house." Chaeyeon commented while following Chaewon as they followed the signs of where to go.

"Well, it is a frat house, Yeon. What do you expect?" Chaewon laughed as Chaeyeon rolled her eyes. "I know that, but I just don't get why Gu wanted us to come to this event or whatever. He's not a member is he?" "I don't know. I never asked him." Soon they came upon another young PTG member who was standing outside the door that would actually lead them inside the main area. "Hello. Please placed your invitation into one of these ten boxes." He informed while pointing at the blue and black boxes that had pictures of the PTG members on them. "Whoever invited you, but let me marked your wrist with your seats first."

"Oh." The sisters said as they placed their invitations into their step-brother's box upon seeing his face although no name was associated with it. "Okay, thanks. These are for you." The young male spoke again as he handed each of them five golden pieces of paper. "Please don't lose these. You'll need them for the event when all the stages have been completed. It's necessary so do as your told once they announced further details about what to do with them." The male explained before letting the pair passed on through after they nodded indicating they understood what he meant.

Once inside they were amazed to see almost all of the seats completely filled. "This must be some event if Hyunggu wanted us to be here." Chaeyeon said as Chaewon smiled. "Probably. I just know he was excited about this." "I guess, Won, but Gu better show himself later. I didn't skipped out on my 'me time' for nothing tonight." "Stop being a loner. You don't do anything anyways on Saturdays. So you need to get out more." "No I don't, Won." "Yeah, yeah, let's go look for our seats." Chaewon lead them to their designated seats which weren't that hard to find due to the large letters and numbers placed for easy access to direct them.

"Hello everyone! Thank you for joining us tonight." Another young PTG member who was the MC announced once everyone was settled and the event began. "We have some lovely stages for you all to enjoy tonight from our members who put on this show for our very first charity fundraiser we hope to make as a monthly thing from now on." The MC explained. "The golden tickets you were given are votes that actually helps to which of these charities it will go to based upon the five members who wins. So when all is done, everyone will come up and placed one golden ticket between which five of the ten stages you liked the best."

The crowd began chattering as the MC continued once he quieted the audience. "Also, the actual event ticket you used as your invitation to enter from earlier that you placed it into a box of who you were invited by. This will actually help with another thing we're trying to do monthly as well." He clapped his hand excitedly. "Now, this is the real fun. There are ten performances as we have a one on one battle with our ten members." He announced the first round challengers. "For our first stage it's Shinwon versus Yeo One! Which of the two are going to captivate you guys with their emotional vocals?! Let's find out!"

Shinwon came on the stage first accompanied by a keyboard. "Hey, Won, it's your best-est friend in the whole wide world as so he claims." Chaeyeon said with a chuckle. "I didn't know Shinwon could play the piano." "Oh yeah. I completely forgot about that." Chaewon answered with a laugh. After Shinwon, Changgu came out as Chaewon nudged her sister with a sly look. "Hey, Yeon, there's your best friend that likes to bug you all the time." Chaeyeon rolled her eyes, but didn't say anything. "Both of them were amazing, weren't they? Give them a round of applause." The MC said before announcing the second challengers.

"Now getting into our second stage it's Yuto versus Kino! They'll be showing us a spectacular performance and it'll be a showdown between the both of them and which one of them will blow your minds?! Let's find out!" Yuto came out and Chaewon suddenly had heart eyes. "You can stop drooling, Won." Chaeyeon teased as Chaewon rolled her eyes. "Not even." After Yuto, Hyunggu walked out soon after as Chaeyeon looked at him weirdly. "Did he mentioned going by Kino to you at all, Won?" "Um, I really don't remember. I think Gu mentioned it once or twice. , I don't know."

"Whoo! They sure heated up the room, didn't they?" The MC joked before continuing. "Alright. We're halfway through and we have E'Dawn versus Wooseok as they go at it to show us who's rap is the best! Of course, that all depends on who you all side with in the end. So let's find out!" When Hyojung came out Chaeyeon recognized him. "Hey, that's one of Hyunggu's dancing buddies that likes to a lot. I didn't know he went by something else." Chaewon nodded. "Maybe it's a PTG thing or something." "Makes sense." After Hyojung's performance, Wooseok came out with a familiar beat that Chaeyeon groaned. "I hate this song."

"You hate everything." Chaewon deadpanned as Chaeyeon smiled. "True. Luckily his voice isn't that bad." "I like it." The MC came back out after Wooseok's performance while doing a little jig and laughing after doing it. "Awesome sauce. So far it's been amazing and now we're bringing the mood down for our next stage with Yanan versus Hongseok! Which of these will win your hearts as they confront you with sweet ballads?! Let's get it on!" Yanan came out first with Chaewon letting out a loud cheer. "Whoo! Yeah, go Yanan!" "You know him?" Chaeyeon asked as Chaewon nodded. "Yeah, he's in my statistics class and has such a lovely voice."

Once Yanan finished Hongseok came out next with Chaewon nudging her sister constantly. "Stop that." Chaeyeon told her, but Chaewon did it again with a playful look. "Oh, c'mon Yeon. It's your boy friend. As his girl friend you need to cheer for him." "Seok doesn't need my cheers, Won. He has plenty of fans for that. Besides, now that I think about it I think he tried inviting me to this thing before Hyunggu did." "And you being you, he knew that you'll won't come." "Yup." "Rude." "Not even." When Hongseok finished the MC came out once more while clapping.

"Those two performances really touched my heart. Those feels really hit the heart." The MC pretended to wipe away a tear before announcing the last round of challenges. "Now, our last two performers will showcase their awesome vocals! It's Hui versus Jinho as they put their vocal power to the test! Who do you think has what it takes?! Let's get it on!" When Hwitaek came out Chaewon was already nudging her sister with a laugh. "He seems like your type." "I don't have a type, Won." Chaeyeon rolled her eyes. "I'm usually right, y'know." "Yeah, that's what you said about Jaebum." "Still your type despite his controlling attitude." "Shut up."

Jinho went next after Hwitaek was done performing. "Aww, it's little cutie Jinho!" Chaewon cooed as Chaeyeon laughed. "You know how much he hates being called cute, Won." "I know, but he doesn't have to know that." "True, but I honestly didn't know that some of the guys we know were apart of PTG." "Me either." The MC appeared once again when Jinho was done as he clapped and cheered for all the performers. "Alright, ladies and gentlemen. Now that all the stages have been cleared we'll invite all of you to come on stage to cast in your votes. Don't worry, everything has been labeled." He told them with a smile before continuing.

"Anyways, the results will be posted on our social media accounts tomorrow. If you haven't followed us yet, then please do so as you'll all be better informed about anything regarding Phi Tau Gamma." The MC said with a laugh. "Now, if you all come up to vote that would be great. Please don't push one another as we all want this to go smoothly as possible. Once done, you'll be shown out and thank you all for coming! Have a great night people!" He finished as the crowd quickly stood up to cast in their votes, but the sisters sat where they were while they waited for a majority of the people to go through first.

"It wasn't that bad. It was okay." Chaeyeon commented as Chaewon grinned. "I knew you would have fun." "Yeah, yeah, whatever Won, it was fun." The younger woman then cast the older woman a sly look. "Good, because after this we have somewhere else to be." Chaeyeon groaned. "Ugh. I knew you were going to drag me somewhere else, too." "That's right." The pair then got up when the crowd died down as they went up to cast in their votes with Chaewon having a difficult time in voting for some of the stages while Chaeyeon knew who she already wanted to vote for.

Chaewon struggled between Hyunggu and Yuto. "Ugh, Yeon. Who should I vote for?" "Well, Won, I'm going to vote for Hyunggu for sure." Chaeyeon laughed. "Just vote for Yuto. The little bro won't know." She suggested as Chaewon did just that a moment later. "He better not, unless you tell him." "Yeah, unless I say something, but who knows if I will or not." "Probably not." "Exactly." The sisters continued on before being directed out of the house once they were done casting their votes. "Alright, let's go." Chaewon said as Chaeyeon followed her sister. "Where are we going?" "Oh nothing special. Just gonna hang out and eat." "Yeah, right."

"Wonnie!" Shinwon exclaimed upon seeing Chaewon first when she and Chaeyeon entered the burger joint. "Hey, Shinwon!" She greeted him back as the duo hugged and he spotted Chaeyeon behind her while letting Chaewon go. "Hey, Yeonnie." He grinned as she waved at him, but saw his facial expression and reluctantly went in for a hug. "Hi, Shinwon." "At least sound happy when you see me." He pouted as she rolled her eyes. "You got Won for that." "Oh right. I forgot you have your boy friend, Hongseok, over there." He teased while indicating with his head in Hongseok's direction. "Shut up."

Shinwon placed his arms around both sisters' shoulders as he led them to their large tables. "Hey, guys. Look who showed up." He announced while letting them go as the group of nine looked over at the trio. Chaewon went around the table hugging those that she knew, but didn't want to leave out the others and hugged them as well who were opened to the gesture and hugged her back. Shinwon ended up with a hug twice. Chaeyeon stayed put as she watched her sister hug the guys leaving Hyunggu to come over to her and hug her first. "Hey, Yeon." He greeted with a grinned as Chaeyeon shot him a small smile. "Hi, Gu."

"I'm glad you guys came." He said once Chaewon was done hugging the others. "Of course, little bro." She smiled at him. "Had to convinced this one hardcore though." Chaewon said as she pointed in Chaeyeon's direction with Hyunggu hugging Chaewon afterwards with a chuckle. "Hehe thanks, Won." "You're welcome." He glanced at Chaeyeon. "Glad to see you interacting, Yeon." He chuckled as Chaeyeon rolled her eyes. "Okay, Gu, you saw me and now I'm gonna go. You got Won now." "Aww, Yeon, don't be like that. Your boy friend was just asking about you."

Hyunggu teased as he motioned his head at Hongseok who waved at the duo with a warm smile. "You guys are so annoying." "You still love us." Hyunggu grinned as he led his step-sisters closer to introduced them to the rest of his friends. "Guys, I think most of you met them already, but not formally." He began, "These are my sisters, Chaewon," He tilted his head to the left before tilting it to the right, "And this is Chaeyeon." Before Hyunggu could introduce the names of his friends to his step-sisters, the others sprouted their own questions and concerns a second later.

"I thought you only had one sister named Minju." Wooseok said in confusion. "Chaewon's your step-sister? Since when?" Shinwon asked surprised while looking over at Chaewon who shrugged with a smile. "No way Chaeyeon's your step-sister, Kino, or she would have said something about knowing you." Hongseok said looking over at Chaeyeon who just smiled at him. "That Chaeyeon is the same Chaeyeon that I always bug about sharing her jelly snacks with me?" Changgu asked while pointing at Chaeyeon who glared at him. "Yeah, Changgu." "It's Yeo One." He corrected. "Mmhmm." "You still owe me jellies." "No. I don't."

"No, wait. I'm confused. The Chaewon in my statistics class is the same Chaewon who's your sister, Kino?" Yanan asked as he tried to process the information while Chaewon laughed. "Yeah, Yanan, that's still me. The one and same Chaewon." She confirmed as Hyunggu put his hands up to quiet his friends. "Long story short, our parents married one another over the summer and now we're siblings. They're my step-sisters." He clarified causing everyone to calm down. "Ohhhh." "C'mon, let's get settled now that we're all here and the food should be coming out soon." Hyunggu said as he motioned for his sisters to sit on either side of him.

Chaewon sat next to Jinho while Chaeyeon sat beside Hyojung. "I always thought you were Kino's girlfriend." Hyojung laughed as Chaeyeon scoffed. "This kid's girlfriend?" She pointed at Hyunggu. "Yeah, right. More like his mother since he's so mischievous and such a troublemaker." "No I'm not." Hyunggu defended himself. "You're just naggy." "I know right." Chaewon agreed. "Now you know my pain for these past years." "She's not that bad." Jinho reasoned as Chaeyeon leaned over her brother and sister to give him a high-five. "She just has her moments." Chaeyeon frowned as she retreated back without her high-five while Jinho laughed.

"Anyways, did you two enjoy our performances?" Hwitaek asked just casually starting conversations. "Oh, yes, it was amazing!" Chaewon said with excitement. "All of you were great." "Who did you vote for?" Yuto asked casually, but his eyes seemed to have lingered on Chaewon a second longer. "It's a secret." Chaewon answered with a playful laugh as Chaeyeon replied with the truth in a neutral tone. "Yeo One, Kino, E'Dawn, Hongseok, and Hui." "Oh, why, why, why?" The others asked when their names weren't called or were called and wanted to know why Chaeyeon said who she voted for.

She finally got her moment to explain. "Sorry Shinwon, but I like Changgu's voice a little more." Chaeyeon pointed at Changgu who smiled at her. "Alright, so you don't hate me." "I still do, jelly stealer." "I said I would paid you back." "Yeah, that's been like a year already." "I'm still working on it." Shinwon faked pouted as he interjected on the conversation. "What, Chaeyeon? Like that? Our friendship out the window just like that?" "You're Chaewon's friend more than you are with me, Shin." Chaeyeon rolled her eyes at Shinwon chuckled. "I know, Yeon, but you're easy too tease." "Am not." She grumbled.

"Anyways," She continued on before throwing a thumb in Hyunggu's direction. "Because he's my brother, obviously." "That can't be the only reason, Yeon." Hyunggu said as Chaeyeon dismissed him. "Yes it is." "Wow." She ignored him with a smile. "And I know him a bit better." She directed a thumb at Hyojung who patted her on the back. "That's good to know that you chose me because you know me better than Wooseok." Hyojung chuckled as she smiled. "Yup." Then pointed at Hongseok with an aloof expression. "Hongseok is just because he's Hongseok."

"I still can't believe you didn't come when I invited you way before Kino did, Yeon, but you still came for him at the end instead of for me." Hongseok sulked as Chaeyeon smirked. "You have your other fangirls to impress, Seok." "But you're still my best girl friend, y'know, Yeon." "I know." "Wow." Chaeyeon laughed with a shake of her head as she then looked over at Hwitaek while motioning her chin at him. "And I thought his performance was more engaging and fun. Sorry Jinho." She apologized to Jinho with a small smile as Jinho pouted. "I thought we were friends." "We're not really friends." "Rude." "You got Won, anyways." "Still."

Chaeyeon stood up while speaking. "I need to use the restroom. I'll be back soon." "You better." Chaewon remarked as she glared after her sister's retreating back. "I don't think she'll be back." Hyunggu chuckled as Chaewon agreed. "I know." She then looked about the table and realized that her sister and her were the only females at the table. "Um, are there any other girls coming, too?" "It's just us." Hongseok answered with a smile before becoming playful. "Feeling shy, Won?" "No." She then looked around her surrounding and over her shoulders with a face. "I just don't want to get attacked by any of your fangirls."

"We don't have fangirls." Wooseok said with a confused face. "Phi Tau Gamma is pretty popular." She stated while pointing at Yanan with a laugh. "I feel so bad for Yanan during class because all the girls surround him and talk about stupid stuff. When they aren't surrounding him then I get glares when him and I are partnered for a lot of the assignments because none of them get paired up with him. It's really annoying." Chaewon then looked over at Yanan. "I think we should stop working together. It's getting in the way of my studying." "I'm sorry." Yanan apologized as Chaewon chuckled. "I was just joking." "Oh. I thought you were serious."

"Won's never serious." Shinwon remarked as Chaewon grinned at him while making a gun motion at him. "Only sometimes." "Hi!" Their waitress greeted them as she brought out their food with the help of another waitresses. She then spotted Chaewon and frowned. "Um, you're part of the large group, too?" "Yeah. My sister and I just got here." "Oh, I see." She said and then ignored Chaewon as she and the other waitress passed out the boys' food and left without taking Chaewon's order. "The ." She looked over at Hyunggu. "That's why I told you to put in our order because girls like them do this when it's a only bunch of guys."

"Sorry, Won." Hyunggu apologized with a sad expression. "We did tell them that we had two more people joining us and they were okay with it." "It's whatever, Gu. Don't worry about it. That's them." "Here, Won, you can have some of my shrimp pasta." Jinho said with a smile as he took the plate from beneath his rectangular bowl and started transferring some of his pasta contents to share with Chaewon. "It's okay, Jinho." "No, take some. I know you like pasta just as me although I can share unlike you." Chaewon smiled. "Very true, but thanks, Jinho." "You're welcome, Won."

"Hey, Kino." Hwitaek called for the younger male's attention after a few more minutes have passed. "Aren't you concern that your other sister hasn't come back yet?" Both Hyunggu and Chaewon instantly turned to Chaeyeon's empty seat with the others doing the same a second later. "How long has it been already?" Yuto asked as Changgu's eyes shifted towards the direction of where the restrooms were located. "I think it's been at least twenty minutes by now." "You think she fell in?" Wooseok joked as some of them chuckled.

"Maybe she did make an escape." Hongseok chuckled with a shake of his head. "She usually does and only a handful of times does she stay." "Maybe." Hyunggu nodded as Chaewon shook her head. "Although she would, but I drove so she can't leave unless she take the bus which she won't since she forgot her wallet." "Sounds like Yeon." Jinho chuckled as Yanan spoke a second later. "Oh, there she is." Yanan said as he pointed upon seeing Chaeyeon returning, but his eyebrows furrowed. "But she looks a bit mad or something." "Hey there, Yeon." Hyojung greeted her.

"Took you l

Please log in to read the full chapter