Yongseo

The best of me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

She was such a romantic, often times being so gullible. She would think that guys really liked her and would ask for a second date after asking her out, but surprisingly, she's never been asked out twice by guys especially after meeting her best friend Yoona who was the definition of goddess.

You see, Yoona and Seohyun were two opposites who just happened to be best of friends, Yoona, being the very outgoing, happy-go-lucky and y as hell girl that was what high school prom queens were made of. Seohyun on the other hand was the girl that was the average girl-next-door type. She liked simple and classic while her friend loved modern and daring. The two however loved each other as much as sisters could ever love each other. To Yoona, being how she is was a weapon for Seohyun to test if the guy was really sincere in wanting to date Seohyun or was the typical jerk that would want to jump into Yoona's pants as soon as they met her.

There were already countless guys that this had happened to, the latest being Chanyeol, at first he met Seohyun from a common friend and they went out on their first date where Yoona and Seohyun set it up where Yoona would accidentally run into them and get introduced. Of course this was set up to see if Chanyeol would secretly ask to hook up with Yoona. Not surprisingly, after a couple of days, he was able to get Yoon's number and indeed tried to get a date with her. 

Of course this was another disastrous event for Seohyun.

"I honestly give up already Yoona, there isn't any decent guy out there for me,"

"You just haven't met your soulmate yet dear. That's why you have me here, I promise that we won't give up okay."

"It's so depressing, it's like why do I even exist? Every guy just lose interest in me as soon as they meet you, do I really look that bad? Or maybe I smell bad? Tell me Yoona, what is it about me that can't get a guy? Am I going to have to dress like you to get a shot at love?"

"You look just fine, no you don't smell, but maybe we can try a make over for you and see......hmmmm, not a bad idea at all!!!!!!  C'mon we have some shopping to do!"

Yoona quickly brought Seohyun to her favorite dress shop where the two spent an hour trying on different dresses that finally was agreed upon by both girls. So they ended with a couple of dresses and matching shoes.

"Girl, now we need to redo your hairstyle. Let's get your hair done short with a bit of curls maybe, anyway we're going to see my hairdresser and see what he says."

 

Hours later and Seohyun was staring at herself in the mirror. She couldn't believe the transformation she had gone through.

"Now do you believe in yourself?"

"Yoona!!!!! Is this really me?"

"Of course it is baby, now let's go clubbing and celebrate the new you!"

 

 

Upon entering the club....almost every male couldn't keep their eyes off the two beauties that walked in, one with long wavy hair wearing a black mini dress while the other with tight fitting leather pants topped with a bright yellow sleeveless cowl top showing off her flawless skin and six inch heels. Her hair was parted on the side with curls and highlights of yellow.

The two hurriedly found an empty spot by the bar and Yoona ordered themselves some drinks.

Not long after, a couple of guys approached them asking them if they wanted to dance. "Hi there, I'm Jonghyun and this is my friend Yonghwa, we were wondering if you two ladies would like to dance with us?" 

"Sure, I'm Yoona and this here is my friend Seohyun." 

When Seohyun heard Yonghwa's name she was taken aback and the same with Yonghwa when he saw that is was Seohyun that was in front of him.

"Yonghwa!"

"Seohyun!"

"OMG!!!"

You know each other?"

Jonghyun and Yoona exclaimed together. 

Seohyun was the first to recover. 

"Uhum yes, we actually work for the same company. Yonghwa works for public relations while I work in advertising. Our offices are next to each other so we bump into each other quite often."

"I truly did not expect to see you here Seohyun, and just wow! Look at you!"

"Me too, I'm not really the clubbing type but Yoona wanted to show me a good time. And well it's nice seeing you outside of the office."

"So care to dance?"

She nodded and led her to the dance floor.

Yonghwa felt mesmerized by this girl that he sees a lot at work. He couldn't believe it's the same girl that was a simple and sometimes shy girl that he often ran into.

"Stop staring..."

He found himself blushing when he heard her.  

"Can't help it, I feel like I'm dreaming right now. I feel like you were trying to hide from me all this time, right under my nose, how could I not see what a gem you are." 

Their bodies were both swaying to the music then suddenly a slow song started to play and Yonghwa quickly made a move to grab her closer.

It seemed like the world stopped for both of them. For some reason, to Yonghwa, Seohyun felt like she fit his arms like she was made solely for him. She felt the same way but she didn't want to make it too obvious that she was totally into him. She did have a major crush on him but because he didn't show any interest in her, not mentioning how popular he was at work, she sorta kept a distance from him. Which was why right now she tried her best to stay cool.

"Well I clearly remember that you were mostly chased by the women at work and to me it seemed like there were no shortage of the female species surrounding you. Which by the way is very surprising why you would be here clubbing without a girl next to you. Unless you're just passing time cause you're bored. I do know that you have a reputation of being a player you know." 

"Ouch, I was just being nice and agreeing to go out on dates when women ask to have lunch or dinner. I was merely obliging them, you know I did not deliberately go out intending to hurt anyone or "play" with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter