Final

Those eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If she need to blame someone, it should be her omma. Because her omma was the main reason that she was stuck in this disease. Her oppa didn’t inherit it but her, ONLY HER. It’s mentally and emotionally hurt her. No one knew about this except her appa, oppa and grandparents. Nah you don’t have to be curious at all. It’s not something that she like to brag about, more like she couldn’t. Who are going to believe her? They (especially her appa) called it a gift, but for her, no its not, because it hurts, A LOT.  It’s start when she was 15 years old when her omma died. She start to have a vision about people death when she look into their eyes. And the first person that she saw was her boyfriend, Ken. He died a day after that. It happened continuously since then, everytime and everywhere. She locked herself in the room to avoid seeing people, even her other family. It hurt like crazy whenever the vision came. Appa even sent her for a treatment because of depression like almost 3 years, but still she was scared to be in crowd because if she accidently see someone eyes, their death vision will show. And it haunted her.

 

It’s 7 in the morning, she went downstairs and ate breakfast with her appa and oppa.

“Appa can you just pay a lecturer to teach me at home, I don’t feel like to go out,” she whined.

“You still need to see the world Mia. You’re 22y/o already. You can’t lock yourself in this house forever. One day both of us gonna die, and you need to take care of yourself. You need to live, you need to go out and meet people,” he babbled.

“From what I saw last time, both of you aren’t going to die soon, so don’t worry,” she said annoyingly.

“Yah Park Minyoung! Watch your mouth, you shouldn’t talk like that to appa,” her oppa shouted a bit angry.

“It’s ok Jinyoung-ah. Finished your food faster, then appa will drive both of you to college,” he told them and went to the kitchen. It’s not like she wanted to upset him, she just didn’t feel like to go to the college, even her oppa was studying there too. She knew her appa purposely registered her to that college so that Jinyoung oppa can looked after her. But that’s not the issue now. The big problem is she’s not prepared to be in crowd, she’s not ready to meet people. She’s scared. She’s freaking scared.

 

Appa dropped both of them a bit far from the college entrance like she asked too. Gratefully he didn’t question anything. She kissed his cheek and said sorry for what happened just now. He just smiled and patted her head. They both started walking after appa’s car drove off. She took out her large sweater from her bag pack and put on the hoodie. Jinyoung oppa looked at her and sighed. He know exactly why she’s wearing that way. He opened his bag and handed her a small box with a pink ribbon.

“It’s not even my birthday yet?” she question and take the box.

“Emm just take it as a first day college present?” he said with a smirk. She opened the box to find the most thing that she need right now. A glasses.

“OMG thank you thank you thank you sooooooo much. I know you love me, I know!” she jumped on his back and kissed his head.

“Yah yah yah, Mia get down haishh,” he pushed her aside.

“I just think that you might need something to cover your eyes, in case something happen, you know,” he explained. A glasses and hoodie were such a perfect combination. That’s all she needed right now. She think she felt less scared than before heheee.

“Oppa can you pretend to not know me at the college?” she asked a favour.

“Wae?” he asked back.

“I know you’re quite popular at the college with boys and girls, I just don’t want any kind of attention. You know how much I hate to be surrounded by people right? Don’t worry about me, I will contact you by message if anything happen, ok?” she tried to explain. He nodded and smile.

“I will tell you if my class has finished. You can wait here and then we will go back together”. He nodded again. With that they walked separately entering the college. First day was like a hectic. Running here and there to find the right classroom. And avoiding people too. She sat alone at the last row in every class and tried her best to not talk to anyone, pretend to be a dumb person. Jinyoung oppa keep texting her every an hour to check her. He even brought food for her because he know that she won’t go to the café. It’s not her fault, the café always pack with people and she hate that.

A week passed by, and she’s getting familiar with the college. It’s fine as long as no one disturbing her. She met oppa a few times at the college too and he’s really ignored her pfft. Appa always packed her some food and snacks to eat since he knew that she refused to go to the café. Things got easier as times goes by and she even found the best place to eat during lunch, without a human. Rooftop. She always spent time there whenever she didn’t have a class. To avoid people of course. But still this place is cool, she love it up here. She feel free. No humans. No worries. No visions. Just her and herself. She looked at the watch on her wrist. Its 30 minutes before her next class. She took her bag and got ready to go to the class. She stopped by her locker to take some books as someone pat her shoulder. She knew it’s not Jinyoung oppa’s hand, so she didn’t turn away.

“Hey, you’re Minyoung right,” it’s a girl voice.

“Hey, I know you’re listening,” she patted her shoulder again. Mia closed her locker and started walking away pretended to no hear.

“Hey, I’m calling for you,” she shouted. What’s wrong with her? Mia walked faster to avoid her. Suddenly, she felt a hand yanked back her arm, caused her body turned away and then she saw her eyes.

“No, no don’t kill me! Please help me! Please someone help me! Help me!” she screamed as a man come closer and slaughtered her neck.

Mia dropped her books unconsciously. Her knees felt weak and she fall into the floor. Tears started to flow from her eyes and she screamed loudly with her palms on her both ears, trying to push away the horrified vision. Then another hand came and hold her securely.

“Hey, hey calm down, what’s wrong,” he speak softly.

“What did you do?” he asked that girl.

“I didn’t do anything, I swear! I just wanna tell her about our canceled class and then she started screaming like that,” she explained and walked away, didn't care. The vision keep on repeating and it hurt Mia’s head, it made her screamed continuously. People keep surrounded her with a question and worry looks.

“Hey whats wrong, no one gonna hurt you. Hey, don’t worry, everything is fine,” he said and hug her tightly, trying to calm her.

“No! No! No! Go away, leave me alone, go away!” she screamed.

“Everyone dissmised! Go away! Mark leave her!” she heared Jinyoung’s voice.

“Mia it’s me, its ok, I’m here,” he assured her. Mia hugged him tightly and cried on his shoulder.

“Mark you go to the class first, I’m going to skip this period. Tell prof that I have an emergency,” he told the boy who help just now. He scouped her body and bring her to the rooftop, the place she always went to.

 

He let her sleep for a while in his arm. It’s been a while since she burst like that. She might see a bad vision just now. It angered him to see her like this. He took out his phone and texted his appa to tell about this incident. After a while, Mia woke up and she felt his head hurt.

“Are you alright?’ Jinyoung asked with concern.

“Nae,” she answered short.

“It’s hurt a lot huh?” he asked again. She nodded.

“I’m trying to run away from her, but I accidently saw her eyes when she pulled me. Someone’s going to kill her, but in there, she seems a lot older than now” she said quietly.

“I told appa already. He’s coming. Let’s go home,” he told her. She nodded and followed him.

 

 

A few days after the incident, people keep talking about her and her relationship with a popular guy  named Park Jinyoung. Jinyoung tried to explain but she asked him to just ignored it. And as the time passed by, people stopped talking about that. Somehow she felt grateful that the incident happened because it made other student avoid her too. Since that day, appa gave them a car so that jinyoung can drive her home easily if anything like that happened again.

Chemistry class just finished, but she waited in the class until it empty before she went out, just like usual. She went down the stairs when her phone vibrated. It’s a message from her appa. Her eyes focused on the phone when suddenly she missed the stairs step and it made her fall down with a loud thud. It hurts like hell as she sprained her left ankle and the worst, she cracked her phone. Bravo Park Minyoung! She need to find Jinyoung to help her but she can’t contact him because of her phone condition. It’s a lunch time, he should be at the café. She walked slowly with her sprained ankle to the café. She spotted him right away and she skipped to him. He was talking with a group of boys. She moved closer quietly and pulled his shirt to attract his attention. He turned to Mia.

“Oh, wae,” Jinyoung asked short.

“Hey, that’s the girl you and Mark help before right? The weird girl,” one of the boy said.

“Yah, stop it,” the other one said.

“Oppa, I fall from the stairs and I sprained my ankle, a-and I broke my phone,” she whispered slowly just to make sure only Jinyoung can heard.

“WHAT!” Jinyoung shouted, starled her and his friends. He kneed in front of her and asked.

“Which one?”.

“L-left,” she stuttered a bit shocked with Jinyoung sudden respond. Her ankle looked a bit bluish already.

“Can you walk,” he concerned.

“Yes, but it hurts,” she answered back. Jinyoung got up and told his friend that he need to go. He put Mia’s arm on his broad shoulder and wrapped his arm around her waist to guide her walk.

“Hey, are you leave us for a girl?” one of them said with an annoying tone. Mia saw her oppa’s face changed. She could tell that he was pissed off. Before he could respond, Mia quickly said without looking up,

“I’m his yeodongsaeng, I sprained my ankle and I need him to send me home right now,” it’s so quiet for a few seconds, she knew they are all shocked with that new fact. Even Jinyoung gave her a question look.

“Let’s go,” she said and both of them went to a clinic to treat her ankle.

 

Jinyoung drove her to the college like always and dropped her at the entrance as he went to park the car. Its been a while since she came to college. Appa had quarantine Mia at home for a whole week because of her injured ankle. He even took a leave from work for two days to take care of her only daughter. She missed her favourite place at the rooftop the most. Since it’s still early i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter