Match Made in Heaven

Your Dog is Adorable (And So Are You)

It’s been three weeks now and the two dogs are comfortable with their new owners.

Miri learns new tricks every now and then thanks to Jungkook. Every time he learns something new, Jungkook praises him and gives him extra snacks. Miri loves it. So he shows Jungkook that he can do many cute tricks so that his owner will be very pleased.

Poly, on the other hand, grows even more stronger and healthier under Jimin’s care. He accompanies Jimin in his morning runs and enjoys playing catch. Jimin makes sure that he is eating well and slips him some extra when he deserves it. Poly likes the treatment and somehow does more effort to make Jimin happy.

It’s a beautiful Monday morning. Today, Jungkook’s teacher is sick so they don’t have class until Wednesday. That’s good news for the boy. Still, he wakes up early for Miri’s morning walk. He gets out of bed and stretches. He glances towards Miri’s bed and sees the little fluff ball still fast asleep. He smiles fondly, getting in the bathroom to shower. When he’s done, he puts on a white shirt, black pants, and some trainers. He also grabs his white track jacket since it’s a little chilly nowadays. That’s the time Miri wakes up. With a yawn and stretch, he follows his young master to the kitchen. Jungkook immediately gives him a warm smile. “I’ll just cook some pancakes, wanna join me?”

Miri yips happily, nuzzling his nose affectionately on Jungkook’s leg. The boy can’t help but giggle at the sweet sight. He absolutely adores his little one. While he waits for the pancakes to cook, he fills Miri’s pink bowl with food and vitamins. He insists on getting pink for Miri despite being a male because he thinks it suits him and gives extra cuteness. Tae and Hoseok that he is too obsessed with pink nowadays to which Jungkook admits, with blushing cheeks, that he is indeed.

When the pancakes are done, Jungkook eats as well. After they’re done, the pair exits the apartment, greeting the cold morning with a cheerful smile. They usually take their walks towards downtown, but today, it’s as if Jungkook wants something different. Maybe Miri needs a new environment as well. “C’mon, Miri, let’s go to the park today,” the brunette says with eagerness, Miri matching his eagerness too.

Meanwhile, Jimin is early as usual. Morning runs is a must and he cannot afford to miss a day. Unless he’s sick or Poly doesn’t feel like it then those days are excused. But today, Poly is up as well, barking enthusiastically when he sees Jimin sitting up on the bed. “Morning, bud,” Jimin mumbles sleepily, stifling a yawn. “Excited aren’t you?” Poly just responds with wagging his tail. “I’ll take that as a yes,” Jimin smiles, patting his dog’s head before taking a shower.

After he’s done, he just throws on a black sweater, track pants, and running sneakers. He goes to the kitchen and feeds his dog. “You need the energy,” he says, eating his own sandwich as well.

When they’re good to go, the duo heads to the park for their usual routine. When they get there, it was still quiet as always and the rising sun is there to greet them. Jimin smiles as the sky works its magic, painting itself in blue, pink, orange, and purple. It’s on mornings like this that he gets energized, and Poly seems to get that energy too. “It’s nice, isn’t it, Poly?”

The dog responds with a bark. It’s a yes.

“You know, I’ve always been wondering,” Jimin can’t help but speak freely whenever Poly’s around. He feels like he can tell Poly anything. “What if I meet someone special through you, hmm?”

They reduce to a walk this time. Like two old pals talking about life and romance. “I don’t known why but lately, I’ve been dreaming of having someone to hold, to spoil, to baby...someone that I’ll cherish for the rest of my life.”

Poly listens like the good buddy he is, eyes looking at Jimin curiously. It’s as if he’s asking “You wanna get laid, boss?”

Jimin seems to understand and chuckles. “I want a relationship that’s going to last,” he simply says. “It feels... nice to take care of someone. It’s like taking care of you, but more romantic in a sense, if you get me.”

And oh, Poly gets him God bless this dog. Even if he’s an animal, he feels his owner’s longing of wanting to be with someone. Poly lets himself be distracted for awhile, looking around while Jimin talks on and on about his life being single. Just then, Poly spots something familiar to his eyes. White, fluffy, cotton ball. Could it be?

Without wasting time, Poly immediately barks, trying to catch the attention of the little fluff ball. “Hey, Poly, what’s wrong, boy?” Jimin asks worriedly.

Poly tries so hard to get the other dog’s attention, but the latter seems to be too distracted by his cute owner drinking water in the fountain. Well , guess Poly has to do things by his own paws. He runs, dragging Jimin behind him. “Yah! Poly, what the ?!”

It’s the first time Jimin ever cursed to his dog directly. He never acts like this for Christ’s sake! He can’t even control the retriever. Why is this dog so strong?! Well, he can’t do anything about that anymore. He just runs after the dog, holding the leash tightly to prevent him from running out of sight. Just when Poly slows down, Jimin thought the worst is over when...

BUMP!

ing law of inertia.

He accidentally bumps into someone. He doesn’t have time to see who it is because both of them tumbles over. Whoever the poor person he bumped into, he makes sure that he holds the person protectively to shield him from the impact. That’s the least he can do from bumping into whoever it is, right? He braces himself as well, shutting his eyes tight as he let himself be the one who hits the ground with his back.

When it’s finally over, he opens his eyes and the sight that greets him is just... heaven. A boy, probably younger than him, is staring back at him with his doe eyes. His nose is quite big, but it fits perfectly on his doll like face. His upper lip is thinner than his lower lip, making it seem feminine in Jimin’s eyes. He also has a mole just underneath those lips. His brown hair is being swayed softly by the wind and by God, he looks breathtaking against the pastel colored sky. The boy’s blush doesn’t help either. It just makes him look even more...

“Cute,” Jimin mutters before he can even stop himself, noticing how the boy’s eyes widen and his blush darken.

Now he thanks God for the law of inertia.

“Are you okay?” he asks the boy on top of him, still holding him by the waist.

“Y-Yes,” came the soft reply. “Um...you?”

Jimin flashes his eye-smile. “I’m good.”

The boy nods. “U-um...c-could we get up now?”

“Oh, right, sorry,” Jimin says, letting go of the boy who clumsily scrambles to his feet. He chuckles at the cute sight. “Be careful, don’t want you falling over me again.”

“Is it that bad to fall for you?” the boy finds himself asking before he can think and immediately covers his mouth, blushing in embarrassment. “S-sorry I...I just...”

Jimin laughs, lifting himself off the ground with ease. “It’s okay, you look cute that way,” he says smoothly. Yeah, he is flirting for some reason and he doesn’t even know the boy’s name. Real smooth Park Jimin. “I’m Park Jimin, by the way. 23 years old.”

“I’m Jeon Jungkook,” the slightly taller boy returns with a small smile. “20 years old.”

“That’s a nice name and you’re quite cute despite being 20,” Jimin chuckles. He is about to say something more when he notices something rubbing his legs. He looks down and sees Poly nuzzling up to him like he’s saying sorry for what happened. A fond look finds its way on Jimin’s face. “Hey, buddy,” Jimin gently says, crouching down to ruffle Poly’s fur. “It’s okay. We’re okay, see? Jungkookie and I are fine.”

Jungkook pretends not to notice how his heart skips a beat when he hears the nickname. They just met, but it feels okay. Actually, it feels more than okay. It’s like he only wants Jimin to look at him, to come up cute nicknames for him, to treat him like an adorable baby, and to him hard in the sheets until he crie--okay, what is wrong with him?! He shouldn’t be thinking about this. Well, given that Jimin is hot and handsome. He definitely works out too because those strong arms fit perfectly around his waist. It’s as if it was made to hold him up when Jimin s him against the wal--AHEM! What the actual is wrong with you, Jeon Jungkook? Yes, everyone knows you are gay but Jesus ing Christ! Calm your ! Jungkook mentally slaps himself. When he finally calms down, Miri catches his eye. His pup is playing with the retriever. Wait...

“Your dog is familiar,” Jungkook muses, thinking hard. “Is it from Tae and Hoseok hyung’s pet store?”

Jimin nods. “Yeah, Hoseok convinced me to adopt Poly,” then he turns to look at Miri. “And I’m guessing that this is the cute dog that’s stuck with Poly for three weeks, waiting for their destined owner who happens to be you.”

“Oh my god, exactly! What a small world,” Jungkook claps cheerfully. He’s too cute for his own good. “Oh, by the way, this is Miri.”

Upon hearing his name, Miri presents himself in front of Jimin, who crouches down and smiles. “He loves doing high fives,” Jungkook informs him.

And so Jimin does, raising both of his hands and watching how Miri stands up on his hind legs and reaches his palms. Jimin laughs, amused by the cute trick. “Well, Poly can say hi, too,” he says, standing up. “Poly, come here and say hi to Jungkookie.”

Poly does what he’s told, bowing at Jungkook. The latter squeals, kneeling down and patting Poly’s head. “He’s such a nice dog!”

“Indeed,” Jimin smiles proudly, meeting Poly’s eyes. It’s as if the two has a silent agreement, which includes Poly being their assigned matchmaker. “Oh, Jungkook, your dog is cute.”

“Thank you,” the said person replies.

“And,” Jimin adds with a charming smile. “So are you.”

Jungkook blushes to the tips of his ears, but he’s showing his cute bunny smile. “T-thank you, Jimin hyung.”

Jimin chuckles, mentally telling himself that he should know more about this pretty boy. Besides, Jungkook really is cute in Jimin’s opinion and he just captivated his heart in an instant. “Oh, by the way, it’s almost Hobi and Tae’s opening time. Wanna come with me? I gotta buy some dog food for Poly.”

“Sure,” Jungkook shyly agrees, walking alongside Jimin.

Their walk to the pet store is quiet, but it was nowhere near uncomfortable. They just like the silence enveloping them in the peaceful morning and, whether they admit it or not, occasionally stealing glances at each other. When they arrive at the pet store, they’re immediately greeted by Taehyung. “Oh, Jungkookie, Jiminnie! What a surprise! Are you guys dating and you never told us?”

Jimin seems amused by the idea, but Jungkook stutters. “W-what are you talking about?!”

“Aye, I see you blushing there~!” Tae singsongs. “Chim and Kookie sitting on a tree! K-I-S-“

“Jesus, Tae, just stop! We just met!” Jungkook interrupts, blushing uncontrollably.

Taehyung stops for a moment, blinking. “You guys just met?” When both of them nods, he says, “Aww, but you two look so cute together~~~!!!”

Jimin just chuckles, but he doesn’t deny it either. “I’ll buy some new stuff for Poly,” he finds himself saying instead. “I’ll go look around.”

The older guy saunters off and disappears with Poly in the aisles. Meanwhile, Taehyung beckons Jungkook to come nearer. The maknae does, picking up Miri in the process. “How’d you two meet?” Tae asks.

“Well, he bumped unto me,” Jungkook answers simply, but Taehyung demands more. Jungkook’s cheeks are dusted with pink as he recalls the events earlier. “He protected me from the fall so I ended up falling on top of him while his arms are around me.”

The older boy squeals. “Oh my god! Jeon Jungkook, I can’t believe you ensnared that hot guy!”

“Yah! I did not ensnare him!” The maknae is quick to deny.

“But you want his in you,” Tae teases with a smirk.

That brings back Jungkook’s y thoughts from earlier and he quickly tries to erase it from his mind. “N-no! I don’t!”

“Yes, you do! Your face says it all!”

Miri, sensing his master’s distress, his face. Jungkook visibly relaxes, but glares at Taehyung. “I’m warning you, Kim Taehyung, don’t get any ideas or I’ll make your death look like an accident,” he threatens, stomping off towards the aisles and leaving Taehyung howling with laughter.

He can finally breathe when he’s alone with Miri. “Thanks for saving me back there, little guy,” he smiles, kissing Miri’s nose. “Sorry if Tae is too loud for you, he’s just a sorry excuse of a best friend.”

Jungkook proceeds on buying a pack of dog food that will last for about two weeks and the newly arrived pink ball for Miri to play with. Then he buys shampoo and conditioner because Miri likes taking baths, much to his surprise. When he’s done, he bumps unto Jimin once again. “Oh, Jimin hyung.”

“Hey, Jungkookie,” the blonde smiles, holding two packs of dog food and a frisbee. He feels Jungkook’s gaze on the things he’s carrying and chuckles. “It’s the only necessity Poly needs for now.”

“Ah...oh...okay,” Jungkook answers dumbly. “Um...I think we should pay for these now.”

Jimin agrees, following Jungkook to the cashier. Thank God it’s Hoseok this time. At least he isn’t going to be a like Taehyung was. The oldest immediately notices them and has a smile in place. “Hey, Jungkookie. I heard from Jimin how you bumped at each other this morning...hard.” Then he wiggles his eyebrows, implying something else by that.

Okay, he takes it back. Hoseok is a demon.

“Hyung, can’t we just pay for our stuff and go?” Jungkook huffs in annoyance.

“Yeah, I also have some stuff to do,” Jimin adds, receiving a grateful look from the youngest. “Here’s the payment, and keep the change.”

“Okay, but not if you two kiss first,” Hoseok teased even further, but he accepts Jimin’s payment nonetheless.

Jungkook rolls his eyes. “You and your boyfriend are hopeless,” he says, handing out his payment to Hobi.

“But Jimin already paid for you. Awww, you’re such a spoiled princess! Miri is gonna be jealous,” Hoseok smirks, watching how Jungkook goes from surprised to flushed in a second.

“I’m going,” Jungkook finally says, bowing to Jimin so fast that he almost bumps his head on the older’s chest. “You didn’t have to pay for that, but thank you.”

And he almost missed it, but he swears Jimin winked at him before he flees the shop.

That night, Jungkook stays up late. He sits there on the bed with Miri beside him. “I just don’t know, Miri-ah,” he whispers to his dog, afraid someone else might hear him. “He just...he’s so handsome. He’s strong, manly, and incredibly hot! Not to mention he is kind and really nice to talk to. A-and he’s just so handsome!”

Miri looks up at him with the look of “I know, you already said that.”

“I’m going crazy, Miri-ah,” Jungkook sighs, massaging his temples. “I’m going crazy for Park Jimin, but I just met him today!” Then he lies down on his back, closing his eyes. But the moment he does, all he could see is Jimin. His intimidating eyes, his sharp jaw, his proud smirk. Though the thing he remembers most is how Jimin’s voice dropped when he complements him. Would it be the same in bed? “! No, I can’t be now!” Jungkook screams so suddenly that poor Miri even jumped.

He rushes to the bathroom and decides a cold shower would make him feel better. After that, he feels relaxed and sleepy. “I guess that worked,” he mumbled to himself, giggling quietly as he sees Miri sleeping on the bed. He puts on some clothes before picking him up. “You poor little thing, waiting on your lovesick owner like the good boy you are.” Jungkook settles him down on his doggy bed before turning off the lights and going to sleep.

That night Jungkook had a wet dream of Jimin banging him hard and wakes up with a .

Therefore he concludes that cold showers doesn’t help.



A/N: ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Oh Jungkookie it doesn’t help at all. Anyways, they will meet again on the next chapter don’t worry. And of course I promised myself to be as sweet as possible to the point where I’ll puke unicorns and rainbows, I’m a little too so... *slides in some erted thoughts* Sorry not sorry. *evil laugh* See you on the next one. ;)