The Challange

The Challange ;

The Challenge;

 

" Can you do a challenge for me, Taemin?

Taemin thought about it for a minute, but immediately refused to. He didn't want anything to do with Minho's silly challenges today. He had a tiresome day and all he wanted was to close his eyes & sleep for a week. " Oh, c'mom Taemin! ", Minho said pouting. Taemin found it very cute, but still refused to except. Minho kept asking & Taemin kept refusing, but eventually got tired so he finally gave in.

" Okay, fine! ", Minho smiled when his boyfriend finally agreed. " What's the challenge already? ", Taemin asked tiredly, closing his eyes. He felt Minho place a finger on the boy's lips. The brunette opened his eyelids & saw Minho smiling cheerfully. The sight made Taemin's stomach do ten somersaults at once.

" The challenge is to go one day without me. ", he smiled his charismatic smile. Taemin was confused but agreed nonetheless. " It's a very fun challenge! But there are rules; tomorrow you can't call me, nor text me. You can't come see me, nor meet me. Got it? "

Taemin nodded his head slowly, trying to understand the purpose of the silly game, but when he couldn't figure out a reason he asked: " But what's the point of this game? " Minho thought for a moment before replying: " If you do it, I'll love you more than I do now! " A smile tugged on the corners of the boy's lips as he hugged his boyfriend tightly. Minho kissed his boyfriend deeply before leaving.


The next day Taemin woke up early, as usual. 7:30AM. He remembered the challenge he excepted yesterday. He frowned at the thought, a whole day without his Minho. He decided not to be sad about it, so he stood up & started his daily morning routine. When he was done he curled up with a blanket on the couch &  a random TV channel and started to watch. The hours flew by quickly & it was already 9:30PM. A yawn escaped the teen's lips. He tried to stand up but fell back on the couch on his bum. There was no use getting up, he was too tired. Taemin yawned again, pulling up his blanket up to his chin. Suddenly he remembered Minho's cheerful smile from yesterday. His cheeks became pink when he felt butterflies batting their wings in his stomach. Taemin sighed tiredly & drifted off to a comfortable sleep, dreaming of a happy world with Minho & himself.


The next day Taemin woke up at 8:30AM. He smiled happily when he realized he succeeded the challenge. He quickly grabbed his phone & texted Minho, writing a simple 'good morning!'

After he took a shower, brushed his teeth, did his hair & changed clothes he came back to his room to check if Minho replied. A frown spread across Taemin's lips when he saw no text messages on. " Somethings wrong.. Minho always replies to my texts.. ". Without a second thought he stuffed his phone in his pocket & grabbed his jacket, putting it on. He put on his sneakers & quietly walked out through the door.

The weather was horrible; the snow melted & turned into puddles, the snowflakes that fell from the sky turned into water drops. Taemin sighed inwardly when he felt a rain drop land on his head, he already felt it was going to be a bad day for him. And he was right;

When Taemin spotted Minho's house, he immediately saw a few black cars parked next to his house. He became worried. Million 'what if' questions attacked his conscience but he shook off the bad thoughts & knocked on the door. After a moment no one answered. This time Taemin began to knock frantically.

The teen sighed in relief when Key opened the door. But he tensed up again when he looked Key in the eyes. His eyes were red & puffy, he was shaking. " Oh, Taeminnie! ", Key cried. He pulled the brunette into a tight hug & sobbed into his shoulder loudly. By now Taemin was confused.

" Key, what's going on? Where's Minho-hyung?! "

Key let go of the brunette, a few more tears escaping his eyes at the mention of Minho's name. He regretted to, but still pulled him inside by his arm. Taemin gasped when he saw a black coffin in the middle of the room. It was closed, but Taemin already knew who was inside.. He felt Key tap his shoulder; he turned around & Key handed him a white envelope. " He left this for you.. ", he whispered.

With shaking hands he ripped the envelope, he recognized his boyfriends hand writing:

" You did it, Taemin. Now I know you can do it everyday! "

Those were the only words that were written on the paper. Those simple words tore Taemin's heart in half. Silent tears ran down his cheeks, he looked at Key; speechless. He saw Key nod, more tears coming from his eyes. " No, no no no no no no !! ", Taemin screamed at the top of his lungs. He no longer cared about the people surrounding him. His boyfriend, his lover, his life left him all alone. Taemin felt two hands wrap around him. It was Key. Taemin hugged Key as tight as ever & started to sob loudly. His heart hurt, he wanted Minho. Minho was the only one who could make Taemin stop crying. Memories of them together ran through Taemin's mind as he clutched onto Key for dear life. He now understood, he understood the meaning of the game, the meaning behind that kiss. " I knew there was something behind that kiss.. "

Minho gave Taemin that challenge without letting him know that he had only 24 hours to live because he was suffering from cancer.

Taemin cried into Key's chest as Jonghyun & Onew came to comfort him, each one crying.

" Minho-hyung! Saranghae! "


" A boy gave his girlfriend a challenge: to live a day without him. And if she did it he would love her more. The girl agreed and she didn’t talk to him for a day without knowing he had only 24 hours to live because he was suffering from cancer. She went to his house the next day tears falling from her eyes as she saw him lying in a coffin with a note on the side: “You did it baby, you can do it everyday.”  "
 

Hello !
I hope you liked it! And I hope you cried <_<

Comment & Subscribe if you liked it.