You're not alone

You're not alone

To say the weather fit the mood of the room you were standing in would be an understatement. As storm-ridden the outside world was you could see that Jonghyun had a storm going through his mind right now. With his laptop on his lap and paper with scribbled lyrics written on them all around him, he looked completely dejected. He had refused to tell you anything since you arrived at his flat. You were supposed to be his best friend. If he couldn’t tell you about it something must be seriously wrong. He sighed for what felt like the hundredth time and by this point, you had given up asking what the matter was and you hoped he would just tell you soon.

“I just can’t think of anything to write about” Jonghyun near shouted out of nowhere. Your head snapped up in surprise, “What do you mean you can’t think of anything? You have been writing amazing songs for years I know you will think of something soon, just give it some time”. He looked at you as if you had just slapped him around the face “I am always playing around with ideas. There is always something for me to say, but my mind is completely blank”. You were silent for a while, he was obviously under a great deal of stress and something in his eyes when he looked at you seemed like he was almost in pain. You got up off the floor and walked slowly towards him picking up the pieces of paper he had scrunched up and started reading them out loud.

“Baby I’m so lonely, so lonely나는 혼자 있는 것만 같아요 지친 때면 내가 너에게 혹시 짐이 될까 많이 버거울까 …. Love is so nice Love is so, oh, nice (나의 맘이 나의 맘이) 신기한 그래Love is so nice Love is so, oh, nice. Oh nice, no, no, no, no” They seemed to be love songs. But he usually wrote those so well it made no sense that he was having trouble with them. “These are love songs, right? What you’ve got is good why don’t you carry on?” He looked at you confused for a while then took back the pieces of paper and put the ones you hadn’t had the chance to read away “You weren’t meant to see them.” The bluntness of his statement threw you back and it took you a second to think of what to say. “I’m supposed to be your friend Jonghyun. I want to help you and I think that what you have been writing is good. I know SM has put some pressure on you to bring out new material, but I know you will get it out in time. Please try to relax even just for this evening while I am here.” He gave you one of his killer smiles before looking back down at his work “It’s not that I don’t trust you it’s just that you weren’t meant to see it” “Jonghyun that makes no sense. What do you mean? Like you didn’t want me to see it until it was finished?” The pain in his eyes only seemed to grow as he looked up at you “Please don’t ask any more questions” “You’re obviously having a really tough time now, but keeping it bottled up won’t do anything. Is it a girl? Has someone hurt you?”  

He burst into laughter and sighed “Yeah it is a girl thing, but trust me you can’t do anything. I wish you could but you just can’t” “I can if you tell me. Please, who are these lyrics about?” He shoved his laptop on the floor and walked to the window “Jonghyun please you’re worrying me” “They’re about you alright” he sounded defeated and petrified “I can’t stop thinking about you. I thought writing it down would help get you out of my mind, but it’s done nothing, but make it worse”. “You… you wrote those lyrics about me?” You were stunned, you had always looked up to Jonghyun and seen him as a great friend, but had you thought about him as anything else? You supposed that when he spoke about other girls in the past you had felt a little jealous and when he had been hurt by them you were always raging and angrier than he was about the situation, but he had feelings for you, proper feelings. Could you ever feel the same way? “See just like I thought, you hate me for it, don’t you?” You snap out of your trance as quickly as possible “Hate you? God no I could never hate you Jonghyun. I just, it’s a lot to get my head around is all” “But you don’t feel the same way?” This was the question that you never thought you would hear from his lips and butterflies started forming in your stomach. You didn’t have the words to say anything. You knew you had feelings for him, there was suddenly no doubt in your mind and you ran over to the window and just held him. As your arms wrapped around his torso you felt your heart start to pound harder and harder, the moments seemed like hours until he slid his arms around you and rested his head on your neck. Suddenly time went too quickly as he pulled away and looked down at you “I think I love you” “Jonghyun I think I love you too”.
 

The End