Hi.

Hi Hello

If emotions are easy to be emanated…

Delete.

If I could just express…

Delete.

With a heavy sigh, you looked at the blue vast, with some white streaks scattered on it, above you. Your eyes followed the flock of birds as you observe how they flap their wings to constantly levitate across the said vast.

You flipped your laptop close and moved it slightly away from you, getting your notebook to replace the gadget that was in front of you just now. As you lift your pen, words flowed from its tip as you scribble it on a blank page.

If I could only free myself from my own cage, I could have the liberty to express myself fully. My expressions would evince my emotions, not a mask to conceal what I really want to reveal. But even the birds that seem to be freely flying across the sky had their tussle before they could flap their wings and make the world acknowledge their existence. I, too, can have

The tip of the pen stopped making contact with the paper. You continued to hold it for another minute before finally putting it down when no words sustained the ink. Deciding that you can’t continue what you’ve written, you tore the sheet and let it lie on the table as you started to scribble on another page—this time, you’re doodling.

From: Chicken Bro
yo, imma do something. Wait for me #YourHandsomeBroSaidSo #YouBetterDoItUglySister

You rolled your eyes after receiving your brother’s text. It’s not even twitter, so why the hashtags? You shook your head for a bit before gathering your things and text your brother back.

Five steps away from the café, a deep “Excuse me” resonated behind you.

Startled a bit, you turned back with a questioning look.

“You dropped this”, the owner of the voice handed you a paper from his left hand, holding a coffee holder, with four coffees, in his right hand. It contained the unfinished work you’ve written earlier. Your eyes widened and hastily took the paper from him.

His eyes expanded a bit, surprised by your action. He was just trying to be kind and returned something you’ve dropped, so why did you have to grab it suddenly from him?

“Did you read this?” his eyebrows raised in query “Did you read what’s written on this paper?” You repeated.

His forehead creased and slowly shook his head, unsure of what to say. “Uhh, no?”

You bit your lower lip for a second and heaved a soft breath as you hastily blink. “Thanks”, you murmured before you turned your back at him and walked swiftly before a sweat drops from your hand.

Something’s telling you that he has read it but you shrugged it off. It’s not like you’ll see him again anyway.

You’ve been wandering around the streets, walking here and there, trying to find your brother’s location.

“Hey, Chicken!” You exclaimed when he picked up your call “I guess I’m already in front of the house you told me in text? It has a black gate, right? Then there’s a balcony on the second floor with a glass railing? I mean, it’s the only building here with a glass railing on the second floor”

“Yeah. Yeah. Just come in”

“What? No!” Your eyebrows furrowed “You expect me to just go inside a stranger’s house? What if someone would think I’m a robber or—“

“Fine. Be there in a minute. I forgot my sister is diffident”

Your brother went to meet you and walked with you together inside the house. Your mom doesn’t want you to go home alone and he’d scold your brother if he lets you do so. That’s why you’re there stuck in a big house, sitting uncomfortably on a comfortable couch, waiting to finish whatever business your brother has.

“What took you long, Dowoon?”

You heard Sungjin, the guy with the big nose that your brother has introduced earlier, uttered.

“I bought food, too”

Dowoon? You wondered. Your brother only introduced Wonpil, that guy who seems like he could pull of being all cute, and Brian, the good-looking guy who seem to be the type to be a heartthrob in a school, together with Sungjin earlier.

Dowoon must be the owner of the house since that chicken hasn’t told me whose house where at right now. Breathing in, to calm yourself, you tilted your head to at least acknowledge the presence of the owner of the house.

The guy, wearing a black sleeveless with ‘CAUTION’ printed on it, seemed to mirror what you felt when your eyes met and his eyes widened a bit.

“Ooh”, he said and the next words were left hanging in the air.

“Oh, that’s my sister.” Jae, your brother presented you to each other.

“Hi” he voiced with a lopsided smile plastered on his face.

“Hello” you said almost whisper but your mind wanted to shout a curse.

Just when you thought your paths won’t come across ever again, there he is standing just a few feet away from you, wearing a smile you’re not sure if innocent or playful.

You shifted your gaze to avoid his, and it landed on his shirt. You unconsciously read it and couldn’t help yourself but bite your lip.

Caution. Yeah, right.

-

 

I'll continue this one of these days :)