Her

Her

"If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person."
– Fred Rogers

"Our topic for today is 'Love Yourself'."

The sky is blue, with birds flying below it. The clouds are nowhere to be seen. Staring at it, is a 17-year-old highschool girl. Sitting at the back of the class really benefits her. To sleep, to play her phone, to listen to music and to stare out at nothing. But of all, she would only do the last thing on the list. Except it is not nothing, it's the sky.

The sky can somehow calms her down. Whether the day sky or the night sky.  Even if it's raining or storming, she really thought the sky is calm, unlike her life.

Park Joo Young, or likely to be known as the "Cold rich kid" of the school. Yes, she is cold. And yes, she's rich. She's a quiet one, "Arrogant", people said. Pretty, but nobody would like to approach her. Yet, want to befriend her because she's rich.

As soon as the bell rings, she took her bag and went outside, out of the school. She had just step out of the school compund when she saw a familiar car, and the man beside it.

"Why are you looking for me ?" "To give you this." The man hands her an ipod, with earphones around it.

Fast forward >>

A boy, wearing a school uniform is standing near the edge of the rooftop. "Should I jump or not ?" His curiosity gets the best out of him when he gets his left leg on the rail, shivering. Tears fill his eyes. The sudden door-banging sound makes him scream and fall behind, avoiding to fall by the 20th floor of the building. He freaked out, and dragged his dead legs to the nearest wall, calming his rapidly heaving chest. A string of curse words come out of his mouth.

"I thought I was going to die" he said, as if his first intention of going up the 20-floored building is not to kill himself. He look back and saw a girl in school uniform walking slowly. She slumped her bag on the floor and she sits on the rail, literally on the edge of the rooftop. One more step, and she'll go down.

But looking closely, the girl looked quiet familiar to the boy.

"Joo...young ?"