A little Change

Your Path to Me

Chapter 3

 

A Little Change

 

-Ji Hyun Apartment-

 

Tonight is the first night of the turn of the season in Seoul. The air that had been warm turned to the cold, the leaves had been falling, birds chirping that usually sounded disappeared and caused the night was very quiet. Yet another thing with Ji Hyun her heart and mind were very contrary to the atmosphere tonight. The contents of her mind filled with morning events that made her very annoyed and hard to forget. In her life so far she has never felt the things that are very disturbing. As the saying goes, " A person slips, and a ladder falls on him" yes it may be a very appropriate metaphor for use at the moment. How not after lost direction, meet strange men, late on the day of the introduction of campus and the latter had to argue with the same man for the umpteenth time. She was thinking about events that are still fresh in her memory.

earlier on campus

 

“You ... what are you doing here?" Ji Hyun asked.

 

"I should be the one who ask to you, did you really come to Seoul University to study or have other motives?" Asked Chang Wook.

 

"You are indeed the most strange person I have ever met ... as long as you know I have absolutely no more intention except to study here but after meeting you today I think that there is something else I should do besides study. "Said Ji Hyun.

 

"What's that?" Asked Chang Wook.

 

"YOU .. my next target is you ... what I will do next is to make you bend in front of me, that's the answer you want from me? , and at that time you will regret having said that to me. "Ji Hyun said in a high tone.

Ji Chang Wook just paused and was astonished at what JI hyun had said. The other seniors who happen to be in the place can not do anything because they know that this is a personal thing that must be Ji Hyun and Chang Wook solve itself.

 

"How self-confident you say that" Chang Wook said.

"Look at it later, you will regret ..." Said Ji Hyun who then immediately left the meeting room while slamming the door hard.

End of flashback

 

Ji Hyun who is preparing for dinner is so disturbed by the incident that she also unconsciously poured excessive hot water into the bowl of noodles to her hands. "Ah ..so hot .. Ji Hyun you are very careless, indeed just a little part of my hands are exposed to hot water." Said Ji Hyun to her self. After finishing her meal Ji Hyun rushes to change clothes and leaves home to do her part-time job at one of Seoul's most famous restaurants. Previously Ji Hyun had been looking for any jobs when Ji Hyun was looking for a place to live in Seoul, she thought that the money she had would not be enough for the next 1 year if there was no additional money she had, so she looked for work as soon as possible. Fortunately the job that she got was not too far from her current residence so she did not have to bother and spend more money until she came to her workplace.

 

Arriving at her work place, Ji Hyun was summoned by one of the service managers to meet him. The manager asked Ji Hyun to be a waitress in the upcoming VIP guests this evening. Since this is an important job for her she approves the manager's request.

 

An hour later the VIP guests came and headed straight for the place that had been provided. At that time Ji Hyun immediately greeted and delivered the guests while serving drinks and appetizers that had been ordered before. But there are things that make her less comfortable with the task this time, the clothes that she wore showing her legs that she always kept secure. And the thing she did not want was happening, one of the VIP guests was disrespectful to her by occasionally touching her thighs as if by accident but it lasted several times until she could not take it anymore and immediately splashed a full glass of water into the faces of guests who had behaved not polite to her and suddenly it caused all the attention of other guests fixed on her.

BYURR ....

"Hey .. you've been brazen to me, you think I'm a cheap woman who can casually touch with your dirty hands .." said Ji Hyun

 

The guest was shocked and very angry with Ji Hyun had done to him.

 

PLAKK .. A hard slap landed on Ji Hyun's right cheek

 

"You are the one who has been brazen to me, you are just a waiter of a restaurant .. how dare you accuse me in front of many people ... this is very embarrassing" while swinging his hand to slap Ji Hyun for the second time but The slap does not land on Ji Hyun's cheek again, someone holds it back and deters Ji Hyun from that annoying guest's gaze. And that person is none other than Ji Chang Wook.

"JI .. Ji Chang Wook-ssi ....." Ji Hyun said with a stammer. Chang Wook just stares at Ji hyun and then faces the guest again.

 

"Kim shin mo-ssi ... nice to meet you again ... but unfortunately this time is not the right time to give each other greetings, I regret to meet with your condition that is already drenched like this .. next time let's meet again with a better atmosphere again. "Ji Chang Wook was approaching and whisper something to Mr. Shin mo. "I hope you do not do it again, if I catch your salacious behavior again, then I will not hesitate to take you to the police station." Said Chang Wook. After that Chang Wook and Ji Hyun go away from the scene.

 

-at the Park-

Chang Wook drove Ji Hyun to find some fresh air and headed toward the park near the restaurant. Chang wook sees Ji Hyun was traumatized  by the incident but he does not know what to do especially with some of his bad encounters with Ji Hyun which he thinks annoying but with the incident that happened before Chang Wook feels that what he has said to JI hyun before is very excessive. They were sitting at the bench and illuminated by the moonlight.

 

"Thank you for saving me from that lewd guy ... I'm so sick of what he has done to me and with his innocent face ... maybe he thinks that a person like me does not dare to do anything because he thinks I'm paid to be treated like that ... even though I'm not a person who has a lot of money but I never thought to get money in a dirty way ... just thinking about it makes me want to throw up. "Ji Hyun said, looking downcast.

 

"Any time ... I can’t bear to see his attitude.. that is not polite." Said Chang wook.

 

At the time Chang Wook will apologize about his attitude that may have been excessive to Ji Hyun before stalled because he heard sobs from the woman sitting next to him. Ji Hyun can’t bear to hold back the tears that she has buried. All the sadness and irritation that is in her heart she blurted out through crying. She was very tired of the circumstances, but she didn’t regret her way of life but she just wants to wreak her current sadness and she didn’t care that there are others people beside her.

 

"I'm so tired with all of this, if only my family was still with me ... maybe I will not pass these very heavy days like this ..." Ji Hyun said with her choked up voice.

 

"Maybe I'm not anyone for you .. but if you need someone I'm ready to be that person .. you can tell anything that bothering your mind ... but for now just blow your whole tear up so you can feel better after that. "

 

After that Ji Hyun bursts all the tears she has at the moment and leans on Ji Chang Wook's shoulders.

End of chapter 3