'Cause He's Just that Into You (one -shot)

'Cause He's Just that Into You

You became friends with him during highschool because he got that 'love at first sight' at your guy friend-- and yes, it's a guy.

You parted ways with your guy friend since he grabbed the scholarship grant on a certain university that's why in the end you and chul became closer though you both took different courses. You're a senior and he has already graduated.

One time, you were tired from your Lit class so you took a rest at the uni's park. Opening your phone, you received a message. "Ya, you better answer my calls. WHERE HAVE U BEEN???

He sounds... furious. You chuckled because he's always impatient. "I'm on a break from my succeeding classes. I'm on my way home after this." You replied. 

A moment later, he messaged again. "Are you free tonight? My treat!" and your eyes widen at his text. WHAT? Is this for real? You think it's so surreal to read such an unexpected message from your opportunistic bestfriend but you're happy since he is on the process of improving.

But unfortunately, you remembered that you have a dance practice tonight so you find it hard to decide whether you should go out with chul tonight or practice.

"...hey, Heenim. I'm so sorry but I have a dance practice for tonight. Well, uh... As much as I wanted to go out tonight but, yeah, really. I'm so sorry :(( but I can make up!" You replied.

No response happened after that. Obviously he's upset. 

You readied yourself for tonight's practice and good thing your crush is also a member of the dance group. With that, you thought it would be a great night tonight.

*
You went to your dorm with the biggest frown you could ever have. Tonight's practice was a mess due to accident.

Your dorm-mate waited for you outside and as she saw you limping she hurriedly guide you to the room. "Looks like you had a bad practice. It's a sprain anyway. What happened?" She asked.

"Well tonight's practice was good, it's just that...um, should I continue?" "You should. Go ahead."

"Um, after the practice, my... um, my crush asked me out for a night-out so I said yes and as we got out from the hall I stumbled badly at the last stair and sadly, no one cared and that includes my crush. Sad story, isn't it?

"Heechul must not know this. Or else you'll be dead." Your dorm-mate said.

The following day, you saw Heechul walking towards the front porch of your hall and as he saw you, he immediately walked away. Is everyone mad at me? What have I done?? you muttered to yourself as you went to your next class.

You and him are 2 years apart which is: he's already working and you're on your way to graduate. Later, during your class, you kept wondering why he was there in the university.

Your last class for today is finally done, and you went outside the hall and is  heading home. A couple of minutes after, you heard someone yelling. 

"If you won't come to my treat tonight I will tell your crush's name right here!!! And yes!! This is the perfect time for me to say it!!!

Curse you!!! As your mind rambled from the thoughts of being embarrassed for the second time.

"I AM! YOU LIL !" you responded as you run fast to him. He's laughing like a maniac and you're about to explode. 

Thinking that his voice is too loud, you forgot that he's far away from your proximity and since you haven't fully recovered from your injury you stopped in the middle wherein he saw you struggling and he rushed to help you. 

His expression shifted real quick after he saw you in pain. "What happened?" He seemed panicking so you assured him that it's okay. "We'll talk about it later. We have to head to your treat now!" You said and just as you got up, he motioned you to sit down. "I need to hear an explanation." His voice suddenly went deep and stern.

"Why can't you understand? If you want me to say it here then fine I'll go to the dorm by myself!" You got up from the bleacher and started to walk. He was following you and and he swiftly grabbed your arm as he put it on his shoulders. 

Even though it's a rude thing to grab an injured's body, you felt the spark and your heart raced a bit. I hate female hormones.

You and him have finally arrived at the dorm. It was quiet since your schedule for today is not as hectic as everyone else's schedule. Both of you sat in the provided bleacher on the side. 

"Now, care to tell me what happened?

"I went to practice last night and well I thought I would be delighted to see my crush and yeah the practice went great and then he asked me out for a night-out and then unfortunately I stumbled on the last stair as we made our way to his car but they didn't even saw me including him."

He was silent for a while, and later his brows furrowed, angry expression shown on his face. "You despicable lil . I can't believe I've been replaced for a guy who can't even notice you struggling." He said.

"I don't care. But hey, I still have to fix myself because you'll gonna treat me tonight!" You exclaimed. 

"It won't happen. In the end I'll be replaced with someone else!" He said. 

You kicked him at his crotch and surprisingly he did the you'll-be-dead-soon expression. He removed your socks and rolled your jeans upward. "Your feet still stinks!"

"Excuse me? My feet never stinks!"

He rolled his eyes and started to massage my feet. "Look what you've done to your foot. It looked so ugly. Just wait here. I have to get something in your dorm." And he went inside your room. Later, he came back with a first aid kit. "Don't judge me, but I've been in medics for like, 3 years."

You smiled back. You suddenly thought about how lucky you are to have him as your bestfriend. 

He's finally finished icing and dressing your foot since you wanted to wear flipflops and he helped you to get up. "You kept your promise. So-"

"-I have to go even if I am suffering. But it's okay. I have you." And you smiled.

Unexpectedly, his cheeks flushed red and luckily you caught him. He looked away from you and when you're about to say something he flipped you off. He walked first, ignoring your endless bickers.

"Hey, are you going to leave me here? You're so rude!" You said as you struggle to catch up with him. He slowed down his pace so you can walk together with him.

*
"Why are we here at the university's park? It's getting dark. This is your worst treat ever after a couple of years." You said as you placed the snacks between you and Heechul. He's still quiet ever since you caught him blushing and it's getting awkward.

But a moment after, he spoke. "Can't we just stare at the sky? I need a peace of mind."

After hearing the last statement, you laughed so hard. He's tenaciously staring at you as if he wanted to kill you. 

"What do you mean a peace of mind? Damn, Heenim. Can you at least stop being so crazy?"

He's still quiet so you picked your drink while waiting for his response. 

"It's surreal to think that we became friends because of your childhood guy friend. And that happened 7 years ago. But why? Why did I suddenly changed?" He said. You looked at him, and his gaze still fixated at the shining sky.

"You haven't changed though. You're still that crazy one. Remember when you slept with a girl because you thought he's a guy but it turned out that she's your secret admirer? Remember when you flipped and cursed the judges when I lost in the dance competition? Heenim, you haven't changed." You said as you finish your drink.

"Yeah but that was during middle school. At college I changed a lot."

"I guess."

"Because of you."

You almost choke in your drink, not wanting to interrupt the situation. 

"Aren't you... drunk?" And no matter how much you have tried to play it off, he's as earnest as he was unlike before.

"Ya, look at me." You ignored him. Shocked, he made you face him. You can't stop cursing in your mind how handsome he is.

He took your hand and placed it on his chest. "You felt that, (your name)? That's how my heart beats when I'm with you."

Because of that, it felt like the world stopped and the park is just a vast empty space. It's just you and him. Later on, you teared up.

"I've been waiting for you to say that. I wanted to tell you, but I'm afraid." This time, you cried harder when he reached out to hug you.

"It's okay. I made my first move and by the way, remember when you confessed at me about me when you were drunk because your boyfriend during senior high school dumped you at the grad ball. I stayed just by your side but when you your top I wanted to vomit and leave you instead, you promiscuous asshat."

He remembers everything. You thought it was just a dream so you forgot it but you were totally wrong.

"It was hot! I'm sorry!" You said as you buried your face on the nape of his neck. He didn't mind anyway. 

"Hey, Heenim."

"What now, (your name)?"

"Please be my date for this coming graduation ball.

"I won't if you can't answer me."

"What do you want?"

He let go from the hug, and you faced each other. You even need to tilt your head just to see his face.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

You smiled so wide as if you wanted to stretch your cheeks, and hugged him so tight. "Yes!" and you cried again.

He's grinning when he cupped your face with his hands. "You're so petite that I wanted to break your arms." He chuckled. You hit his shoulders but suddenly he kissed you on the forehead. "I love you, (your name). So much."

"I love you more." You said back. It was the best day of your life.