Chapter 1

How Much is That Doggie in the Window?

Yoongi held onto Jin's hand as they walked into the hybrid pet store. They had decided they were going to buy a puppy hybrid, wanting to add an addition to their small family. 

One of the workers of the pet store walked up to the happy couple, a smile plastered on his face. "Hello! My name is Hoseok, and welcome to Ears and Tails! How can I help you today?"

"Ah, we are looking for a puppy hybrid to add to the family. Something quiet, you know? We don't have a huge list. We would happy with anything." Jin explained, smiling softly. Hoseok nodded, leading the couple towards a section filled with puppy hybrids.

"Well, we have a large selection of puppy hybrids here. Hopefully, we can find one that suits your fancy!" Hoseok said, presenting a kennel full of young, sleepy puppy hybrids. Jin gushed over one of the puppies, cooing softly. 

"Oh, Yoongi, look at the one in the corner! He's so cute- uh, Yoongi?" Jin questioned, looking for his lover. Yoongi was kneeling in front of a kennel in the bunny hybrid section, a look of confusion and amusement on his face. "Yoongi, what is it?" Jin asked, walking over to him. He saw a bunny hybrid barking at Yoongi, ears tucked against his head. 

"Uh, Hoseok, was it?" Yoongi questioned, not moving his eyes from the hybrid. Hoseok walked over to Yoongi, making a sound to tell him he was heard. "What's this hybrids name?"

Hoseok walked over, smiling a bit at the sight of the hybrid. "Ah, that's Jungkook. He like's to pretend to be a puppy hybrid." Jin held back a loud laugh, standing up straighter to gauge Yoongi's reaction.

Yoongi chuckled, looking at the hybrid. "He's cute." He said, before standing, still looking at Jungkook. 

Hoseok looked at him, slightly surprised. "You're the only one to think that. Most customers ignore him, thinking he will cause them trouble." Yoongi's head whipped around, looking at him shocked.

"What?" He asked, eyes wide. Hoseok nodded solemnly.

Jin watched his reaction, before turning to Hoseok. "Can I have a minute with my boyfriend?" He asked, smiling softly. Hoseok nodded, walking away to help another customer. "Do you want to get him instead?" Yoongi looked at him, confused.

"What? He asked again, making Jin chuckle lightly. Jin walked over to him, smiling softly. 

"Do. You. Want. To. Get. Him?" He asked slowly. Yoongi thought about it.

"But, what about your puppy hybrid? You wanted one so badly." Yoongi said, looking between his lover and the hybrid. 

"Well, technically, we would be getting a puppy hybrid. Just, a smaller one."Jin said, smiling sweetly. "Besides, he'll be a lot quieter than an actual puppy hybrid." Yoongi smiled at him, giving him a quick kiss before walking up to Hoseok, who was saying a happy goodbye to the previous customer.

"Did you find a hybrid that you want to bring home?" Yoongi's smile widened, and he nodded.

"We did, actually," Yoongi said, lightly grabbing Jin's hand. 

"That's great! Which puppy hybrid will you be taking home with you today?" 

"Actually, we're technically not getting a puppy hybrid," Jin admitted.

Hoseok blinked, confused. "Oh? But, which one did you pick?" 

"Jungkook."

"What? I'm sorry, I thought I heard you say 'Jungkook.'"

Yoongi nodded. "You heard him correctly. We want to take Jungkook home with us." He said, smiling a bit. Hoseok smiled, nodding. "Ok, let me just get the appropriate papers, and we can get started on sending Jungkook home with you!" Hoseok said, pulling a small stack of papers out and setting them on the desk. He showed the couple were to sign on all the papers, before handing over Jungkooks papers. "Alright! Let me get Jungkook for you." He said, going to the back of the store.

He came out not long after with Jungkkok beside him, a shy smile on the hybrids face. Hoseok went back behind the counter, talking the couple into buying Jungkook "supplies." (things he really didn't need.)

Two-Hundred dollars later, the young couple came out of the store with their new addition following close behind. They head to the car, driving to Jungkook's new home. 

When they got home, Jin and Yoongi brought him into the room they had designed for their new hybrid. "Sorry if it isn't to your liking, we didn't know what you would like..." Jin said before opening the door. Jungkook walked into the room, mouth falling open. "Do you like it?"

"I love it! It's perfect!" Jungkook exclaimed, smiling as he looked around the room. "Thank you!" He said, turning around to hug his new masters.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That night, after dinner and a traumatic experience with bathing the young hybrid, they finally tucked their newest addition into bed. Upon entering their bedroom, Yoongi sighed, collapsing onto their shared bed. "I'm so tired." He groaned, rubbing his face. Jin chuckled, changing into his pyjamas before getting in the bed beside him.

"A new hybrid can do that." He joked. "Goodnight." He said, turning on his side to fall asleep.

"Goodnight," Yoongi grunted, wrapping an arm around him.

A couple of hours later, Yoongi woke up to someone shaking his shoulder. He groaned, looking at the person behind ruining his night's sleep. He woke up a bit more, seeing Jungkook standing beside their bed, fat tears rolling down his cheeks. "Jungkookie, what's wrong?" He asked, sitting up. Jungkook sniffled, holding up a stick.

"I lied to you guys... I'm not a puppy hybrid, 'm a bunny hybrid, and my tail was just a stick!" He exclaimed, crying. Suga pulled the crying hybrid into his arms for a hug. "Please don't send me back." He heard the bunny whimper. He took a deep breath, hugging him tighter. 

"We aren't gonna send you back. We knew you were a bunny hybrid before we adopted you. We just figured to treat you like the hybrid you wanted to be. We'll keep you no matter what type of hybrid you are." He promised. Jungkook pulled back, looking at him with tear-filled eyes. 

"Really? You will?" He asked, sniffing.  Yoongi nodded, smiling softly.

"Nothing will ever take you away from us. We love you, Jungkook." He said, petting the boy's head. Jin woke up a bit, hearing them talking. He sat up, wrapping an arm around them.

Jungkook smiled. "I love you guys, too." He said, before leaning back into the hug. They fell asleep like that, hugging each other, and protecting them from whatever bumps in the night.