Chapter Two

Growing Together

“You two screwed??” Minhyuk nearly shrieks, utterly delighted at watching Hyungwon come out of Kihyun’s the next morning in the shorter’s clothes. Hyungwon quickly shuts the door behind him so as not to be overheard by Kihyun, as he’s currently sitting at his desk going over shots for a personal project of his, and ushers Minhyuk towards the kitchen.

“No, hyung,” Hyungwon whispers, still feeling as if Kihyun could hear them despite the growing distance between them. “I just forgot my keys to my apartment last night, and it was too late to bother Hyunwoo-hyung or Jooheonney. Don’t make a big deal about this, okay?” Minhyuk rolls his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest as he leans casually against the counter.

“You’re wearing his clothes,” Minhyuk argues, gesturing towards his dongsaeng with quite the unconvinced gaze. “Come on, you’re practically married.” He pauses to chuckle, the younger’s words finally processing fully. “Really? You couldn’t come up with a better excuse to crash here?”

The slightest of smirks plays its way across Hyungwon’s lips. He reaches up into the nearby counter, where he knows his hyungs keep the mugs, and pulls down two mugs for himself and Kihyun. He then pours coffee that’s luckily already been brewed, and makes it up the way he knows Kihyun likes it.

“Just give it time, hyung,” Hyungwon mumbles, winking in an almost conspiratory manner. “Just give it time.” Minhyuk snickers in reply, watching as Hyungwon saunters from the room.

Hyungwon returns to Kihyun’s room, smiling fondly at the focused pout set on his lips. He swears, no matter how infuriating he can be at times, his hyung has got to be the cutest man he’s ever met in his entire life.

“Here,” Hyungwon mutters, sliding the mug of coffee he’d prepared for the older onto his desk. Kihyun hums in acknowledgment, but doesn’t bother to look up from his photographs as he picks up the drink with a free hand and takes a long gulp. Hyungwon watches as his hyung shuffles through the photos, smiling at the familiar scene. His heart swells with the thought of how nice it is to wake up on mornings like this, and mentally plays with the notion of waking up like this every morning for the rest of his life…

Unbeknownst to him, Kihyun is concentrating, yes, but not on the photos. Just before, he’d gone out of his room to go to the bathroom, and consequently overheard the conversation that had gone down in the kitchen. He’d quickly gone back into his room, and pretended as if he’d heard nothing.

But, needless to say, the last thing on his mind is photos.

 

Kihyun takes in his own appearance in the mirror. Black, ripped skinny jeans, his hair pushed back and up far enough to reveal his widow’s peak, and a button-down shirt with the first few buttons undone… A standby, sure, but damn does he look good.

Tonight, the entire group is going out to their typical bar. It’s something they hadn’t been able to do all month, due to everyone’s busy schedules lately, so he knows tonight is his night to make an impression. He’d even planned on the side with Minhyuk to drag everyone off to a club once the bar got to be too empty.

“Trying to snag a particular little dongsaeng into your trap?” Minhyuk teases when he sees Kihyun’s outfit. He takes a drink of water, and Kihyun chuckles darkly to himself.

“Maybe~” he answers, winking at Minhyuk. The slightly-older chokes on his beverage, propelling himself forward and beating on his chest dramatically. Minhyuk watches Kihyun as he coughs, unsure of how serious his roommate is being.

“Just keep your hands off Kkungie,” he tells him wearily. “You’ve got your own suitor, so leave me mine.”

“As if,” Kihyun laughs again. “Kkungie is like the son I’ve never had. I’d never make a pass at him.” He pauses, wiggling a brow as he adds, “No, I’ve got my eyes set on a much bigger fish.” Minhyuk ‘hmmphs’ under his breath, satisfied with the answer, but utterly confused as to what could have possibly brought on this sudden change.

Not that he’s complaining, mind you. This back-and-forth between him and Hyungwon has gone on for about a month now. It’s about time they took their relationship to the next level.

 

Hyungwon actually forgets to breathe when Minhyuk and Kihyun arrive to pick them up. Kihyun’s dressed to kill, or, more specifically, to kill Hyungwon. Honestly, Hyungwon thought he was supposed to be the model, for crying out loud. Kihyun struts into the apartment, a smirk set on his beautiful lips. He stretches his neck as he rubs the back of it, glancing around to take in his surroundings.

“You’re doing a better job at keeping the place clean,” he observes, a breath in slowly through his front teeth. Hyungwon huffs out a breath at the typical statement, and crosses his arms over his chest in defiance. Minhyuk merely chuckles and follows his roommate in, closing the door behind himself.

“The others ready?” Minhyuk asks, looking around for one young man in particular. Hyungwon shrugs, though his eyes don’t leave Kihyun’s short little body as he walks lazily around the living room to perch himself on the couch. Minhyuk glances between the two with a small pout, and heaves a sigh as he decides to leave them to it and go find his boyfriend.

“That really how you walk into another person’s home?” Hyungwon complains. “Quite the example you’re setting for me, hyung.” Kihyun chuckles under his breath, shrugging as he his head to the side.

“I can show you some much more useful examples of some things, if you’d like,” Kihyun suggests. His smirk only grows at his own words. Hyungwon quickly looks away, unsure if the older had meant it like he seems to have meant it, or if he’s just reading too much into the older’s words. Surely he doesn’t mean it in any sort of ual way… surely.

Still, that doesn’t keep the blush from blooming on his cheeks at the mere thought that Kihyun could possibly be flirting with him.

“Wonnie,” Kihyun suddenly says, causing Hyungwon to glance up at him in surprise. The light in the older’s eyes is unreadable as he his lips, as if trying to find the right words. “I know that—”

“Hyung!” Changkyun whines, suddenly walking into the room with Minhyuk in tow. His eyes are glued to the ceiling, and his lips are pressed together as he gulps about fifty different times. Minhyuk merely laughs at his boyfriend’s reaction, and hugs him from behind.

“Awww, Kkungie,” he says with a playful pout, “don’t be mad at me… please? I couldn’t stand it if you were mad at me…” Changkyun sighs, shaking his head at the older, though he noticeably leans against Minhyuk all the same.

“Hi, hyung,” he greets upon noticing Kihyun, who merely nods in return. Jooheon suddenly pops his head into the living room, his shirt half-hanging off him.

“Oh, you’re here,” he notes. He quickly glances down, fiddling with his shirt. Hoseok’s head appears around the corner a second later, a fresh hickey glaring at them from his otherwise pale skin.

“Hey, guys~!” Hoseok greets, beaming from ear to ear as he clearly struggles to fix his own clothing. Hyungwon and Kihyun share a knowing glance at this, unable to keep from rolling their eyes. Ever since Jooheon and Hoseok had become an item, it’s been nearly impossible to keep them off each other.

“Where’s Hyunwoo-hyung?” Kihyun asks, ready to get this evening started. “Is he ready yet?”

“He was working late,” Jooheon explains, clearing his throat as he finally emerges fully from the hallway. “He said he’ll just meet us there, though. He might already be there.” Kihyun nods, and then stands from his seat to make his way towards the door.

“Well then,” he says, “what’re we standing around for? We’ve got a night out to start.” Jooheon and Hoseok hurry across the room to comply with Kihyun’s prompt, and are nearly at the elevator by the time Minhyuk and Changkyun deign to follow. Minhyuk shoots Hyungwon a wink as he passes the younger, though the model is quite unsure of how to take it.

Hyungwon glances once more at Kihyun as he bends over to put on his shoes, noting with a hammering heart how Kihyun’s eyes blatantly watch every move he makes.

He hurries after the others with a blazing complexion, his cute bashfulness earning an adoring smile from Kihyun that he doesn’t quite catch.