Chapter 1

The Royal Ships
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A brief sharp hissing sound covered the quietness of the environment as she zips the last of her luggage. She is inside her pink painted room, around her; are big boxes covered securely with wraps of plastics. All her bags are packed and she is ready to go. But something inside her doesn’t agree with anything of this.

 

“Tiffany, stop being a baby, you’d be fine,” She said, encouraging herself. She released a heavy sigh.

 

With a heavy heart, she scans her room. Photographing every corner of it in her mind, sniffing the fainted lavender scented candles she used to light up to put her to sleep, trying to recall the sounds of laughter and bickering from the people she calls home, the people she calls family and from her, Tiffany’s everything, Kim Taeyeon.

 

Kim Taeyeon. With her name invading Tiffany’s mind the tears are yet to fall.

 

“It’s not fine,” The fainting melody of Taeyeon singing the last line from her top charting song is Tiffany’s ghost. She did not want to leave her too. She feels the same way about not being together anymore that it is not fine. NO! it’s not fine.

 

When a day, a month, a year passes

 

We each live different lives

 

 

 

I’m not like that

 

It won’t be easy for me

 

You keep taking up every day of my life

 

It’s not time yet

 

I keep repeating it to myself like a fool

 

I can’t swallow the words that are in my mouth

 

It’s not fine

 

Ah- Ah- Ah- Ah- It’s not fine

 

 

 

Just like Taeyeon, Tiffany is scared. Scared of what is ahead of them, will they still be the same after a day? A month? Or a year? Will their feelings be the same? Will their bond be the same? Will this separation make their love grew apart as well? Furthermore, she is more worried for Taeyeon.

 

She knows Taeyeon more than half of her life. Taeyeon acts strong and impassive but she is keeping everything inside her. She is not good in expressing her emotions nor good in coping with changes, so this scares the hell out of Tiffany.

 

How will Taeyeon be without Tiffany by her side? And with that thought, Tiffany did not want to leave again. Taeyeon is so fragile that all Tiffany wanted to do is to protect her and shower her with unconditional love and support.

 

Hesitation strikes more when she thought of the people she is leaving behind. Her members, who are so dear to her, she knows she can count on them in helping Taeyeon. And also, her friends in South Korea, and the people who give love to them. She knows that there will be a lot of hearts that will break about this decision but the one that breaks the most is the one that is so precious to her.

 

Tiffany suddenly feels warmth covers her back. Petite arms around her waist, wrapping her in a cozy and warm embrace like a comfortable clothing. She hopes she can wear this every day and spend all her time with her. With Tiffany’s everything, Kim Tae Yeon.

 

“Are you ready to go?”

 

The calm voice of Taeyeon just makes Tiffany breaks in an instance. She sobs like a baby. Why does it sound that Taeyeon isn’t affected about her leaving? Leaving South Korea. Leaving the group and of course leaving her.

 

“Why are you asking if I am ready? Do you really want me to leave so bad?” Tiffany said in between her loud whales.

 

Taeyeon forces a chuckle. Her arms around Tiffany’s waist tightens. She found Tiffany’s antics cute.

 

“We talked about this, honey. You’ll be fine, we’ll be fine,” She said trying to encourage Tiffany.

 

“But your song says, ‘It’s not fine’” Tiffany reiterated.

 

This time Taeyeon did not need to force a chuckle. She laughed so hard. It is indeed true, Tiffany is her everything. No matter what Tiffany does, Kim Taeyeon finds it adorable and cringe-worthy even in times like this. Taeyeon blows a thick amount of air. A life without Tiffany? It hurts her even just thinking about it.

 

Tiffany knows that Taeyeon is thinking of something. She knows the meaning of every action that Taeyeon does. She is her soulmate and the love of her life. She decided to face Taeyeon.

 

And when she did it, there it is. Taeyeon’s true feelings.

 

Her eyes are watery and cheeks are fluffy. Taeyeon is about to cry but she is preventing herself in doing so.

 

“I don’t want to break up,” Tiffany cried.

 

Taeyeon looks everywhere but Tiffany. She frowned with what Tiffany said.

 

“YAH!! Hwang Miyoung, This is for the best or else the agency will not let you go if we did not tell them that we broke up,”

 

Tiffany cries harder. Taeyeon envelopes her again in her arms.

 

“Aigoo, Ppany-yah, my Ppany is such a baby,” Taeyeon caresses her head.

 

“Promise me you’ll be fine, you’ll call me every day, and you’ll hang out with our friends, please,”

 

Taeyeon smiles. How can she live without Tiffany by her side? Tiffany will not be physically beside her but she’ll definitely occupy Taeyeon virtually and mentally. Because Tiffany is Taeyeon’s everything.

 

“I promise,” Tayeon said. She takes a deep breath before continuing. “I promise to always take care of myself for you not to be worried, I promise to only think of you and report everything to you, I promise to try my best in not come running to you for the next years. I promise you that I –”

 

Before Taeyeon could continue. Tiffany cups her cheeks and crashed their lips together. It is a needy and full of love type of deep kiss. A kiss they never want to end.

 

And with the long loving kiss, a tear finally escaped Taeyeon’s eyes. She closes her eyes and wraps her slender arms around Tiffany’s waist.

 

Surely, none of them is ready for this nor wants to let go of this bliss.

 

This could be one of the hardest situation they’ll experience in their lifetime.

 

They part ways with their foreheads leaning to each other. They look at each other deeply, they are both questioning how did they end up in this situation? How did they end up saying their goodbyes, when the last time they remembered was…?

 

“Do you want to get married?”

 

Like how Taeyeon would act everyday saying sweet words nonchalantly that is how she sounded.  She wasn’t even looking at Tiffany. She was playing with Ginger and Prince while Tiffany was agitated and sad about the bashers during that flag incident.

 

Tiffany’s heart stop from beating as she realizes what Taeyeon said. Tears voluntarily appeared in her eyes. She looks at Taeyeon lovingly.

 

“Tae tae, don’t joke around,” Tiffany controlled herself from assuming something big like this. She is sure that she wants to spend the rest of her life to this nonchalant yet over sensitive when it comes to her.

 

Taeyeon stopped whatever she is doing and let Ginger and Prince play by themselves. And for the third time in her lifetime she took the deepest breath she’d ever taken in her life. The first one was their debut, the second one was when she asked Tiffany to be her girlfriend and the third time is now.

 

Tiffany had never seen Taeyeon this serious. So, she gulped and as much as she does not want to expect. All her hopes are up. Because this is the only thing she wanted to happen in her life. To be with Taeyeon, to be Taeyeon’s wife and to start a family with Taeyeon. As a cry baby, she is. Tiffany’s tears fell voluntarily because Taeyeon scoops something out of her pocket.

 

It is a very extravagant diamond ring.

 

Tears appear in Taeyeon’s eyes too it is an implication that she is sincere.

 

“We have known each other all our lives, and I couldn’t and wouldn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter