Oh Look at those Eyes

Helpless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A crisp Autumn breeze caressed the chilled finger-smudged glass of the rickety windows aligning the Phi Sigma sorority house.

Within the brightly painted walls, giddy squeals and enthusiastic chatter echoed and reverbed throughout the house's nearly empty space. The Fall Formal was a mere two hours away and the sorority counsel was hastily placing their finishing touche's on the decor, eager to finally star getting ready for their well-deserved night of fun. The two heads of house(president and vice respectively) were currently trying to hold in their chuckles upon watching two of their younger pledges bickering for what seemed the tenth time this evening. 

"How long 'till they're dating d'you think?" whispered Joohyun to her vice president and best friend.

"I give them a week." Seungwan whispered back, matching the older girl's devilish smirk.

"I give em till the end of the day."

"Yah! We can hear you two y'know." The tallest of the bickering duo exclaimed, crossing her arms in possibly the most childish manner the two leaders had ever witnessed. 

"Yeah unnies, that's gross I would never date this freak of nature!" 

"Watch it Kim Yerim, I know where you sleep!" 

"Bite me Park, you wouldn't even dare."

"You little twerp, I'm older than you so show some respect!"

Seungwan and Joohyun shared another amused look with each other before the Canadian decided to step in. 

"Alright you two settle down. You both need to learn how to talk things through a lot better than you're doing now. Sooyoung, you should be setting a better example for Yerim. I think what both of you need is a bit of time to get to know each other which you'll get plenty of when you two stay behind and clean up after the formal. Do I make myself clear?" 

Both pledges deflated immediately upon hearing the unfortunate order given to them, but bowed and apologized anyway. 

"Sorry Wendy unnie. We'll work on it." Muttered Sooyoung in defeat, shooting a quick scornful glare towards her younger sorority sister and heading off to finish her work, Yerim trailing closely behind. 

"Well well well, looks like my Wan-ah has picked up a few tricks from her favorite unnie." Joohyun praised, sporting her signature smirk and ruffling the chestnut locks of her best friend. "you're gonna be a great president next year." 

Seungwan rolled her eyes and playfully shoved the raven-haired president's arm away from her hair. 

"Please, the only presidential tips I've learned from you is what not to do." 

The older of the two quickly gasped, clutching at her chest in the most dramatic manner she could muster. 

"How dare you insult my leadership skills! I should make you clean up after the party with tweedle big and tweedle small over there!" 

"Oh be quiet and hang up that banner already you drama queen!" Shot back the vice president as she began packing up her belongings. "My job is done here so I'll see you in two hours. Bye everyone!"

Seungwan happily waved goodbye to the remaining girls and slung her backpack over her shoulder, ready to get back to her suite and pick out what the hell she was going to wear tonight, lord knows she'd need all the time she could get. 

It wasn't that she didn't like going to these events in fact, she absolutely loved any chance she got to socialize, but formals were a completely different story. She always panicked about exactly how formal she should dress. 

When the Canadian student finally arrived to her room, she immediately rushed to her closet, snatching up any hanger with a dress she could find before splaying them all out on the bed in front of her. There was surprisingly a lot to chose from; a pastel pink summer dress, a black cocktail number, a silver and black gown (maybe a bit too fancy.) and a few other more casual dresses. Though she had quite a bit to work with, none of them seemed to be quite right for tonight. Seungwan didn't quite know how to place it, but she's had a feeling all week that something important might happen later this evening and she wanted it to be perfect. She frowned down at her dresses for a few moments more before letting out a groan of frustration and flopping face-first onto her bed, successfully wrinkling most of the dresses in her wake. 

"Need a little help?" came an all-too familiar voice from the hall causing the vice president to shoot up in surprise, immediately locking eyes with none other than Bae Joohyun. 

"Jesus Baechu, you nearly scared me to death!" Squeaked a still very spooked Canadian. 

"Oh please, it's your fault for always leaving you door open. Anyway, you look like you're not quite loving any of your dresses for the formal tonight." 

Seungwan couldn't help but to sigh in defeat. "Yeah...I know it sounds stupid, but I just want tonight to go well and I don't think any of these dresses are right for the formal y'kow?" 

Joohyun scanned her friend's selections slowly and finally nodded in agreement before turning on her heel and walking out of the room. 

Before she could even begging to protest about her best friend's sudden disappearance, her jaw dropped upon seeing Joohyun return with a strapless navy blue dress dangling from her pale, slender fingertips. 

"You didn't have any in blue, even though it's the color that looks best on you." The raven-haired president stated casually as she tossed the garment onto the stunned VP's lap. "Just make sure you dry clean it before returning it. " And with that, she calmly made her way back out and into her own room to get ready, 

"Bae Joohyun what would I do without you?" Seungwan muttered to herself as she gazed down at the gorgeous blue dress in her lap. 

 

Meanwhile...

A slim brunette lounged lazily on the small couch of her suite's common room, long legs comically dangling over the side of the furthest armrest as she napped without a care in the world before a loud bang rang though the room, causing the girl to immediately jolt up from her spot, letting out a strangled yelp. 

A tall, yet youthful looking man came bounding through the door brandishing a toothy grin and two neckties. 

"Yah! Park Chanyeol, what the hell are you doing making so much noise when you know this is when I take my evening bear nap!" Grumbled the brunette, glaring daggers up at her friend with still sleepy monolid eyes. 

"Sorry KangSeul, but the Phi Sig Formal is tonight! I gotta have my wing man there with me!" He giddily held up both neckties for his best friend to see for herself. "So, black or grey?" 

"Aww Yeol, you know I hate those Sorority parties! Can't you get Lay to go with you? The Dude's a party animal, he'd definitely wing man for you."

"No can do bear. Lay's out of town tonight and we both know he's a terrible wing man, now c'mon, get dressed and foreal, black or grey?" He asked again, wiggling the neckties for extra measure. 

Seulgi let out a long sigh of frustration before grumpily snatching the black tie from her idiotic best friend's unnaturally large hand and reluctantly shuffling toward her room. 

"YES! Thanks bear! I owe you one!" Chanyeol exclaimed before bounding into his own room to get ready. 

 

 

___________

I have never b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter