Fancam I

YoonTae Draft

 

She doesn’t know when it started. She was just randomly taking pictures of people resting in the park when her camera caught a girl sitting on the bench alone.

 

‘She’s very pretty.', she thought as she took more shots of her.

 

It wasn’t until her ninth shot that she decided to look at the preview of her photos.

 

‘Very pretty.’ She smiled as she nodded her head. However, a cute frown was then drawn to her face when she took a closer look on the pictures.

 

Confused, she looked back at the girl and found her still sitting on the bench and looking aimlessly at the scene in front of her. She realizes that this girl is indeed pretty - but why is she crying?, she thought.

 

She stared at the girl for a few more moments, before deciding it is time for her to go home. Hesitantly, she took a step back and silently hoped for the girl to stop crying. She took one last photo of her before gathering all her things, and walked away from the park as she took one last glance at her.
 



 

“Woah, Taeyeon!!!”, her friend shouted so loud and alarming that she quickly went to her side while still trying to button up her shirt.

 

“What, what? What’s wrong, Hyo?” she worriedly stared at her friend. When Hyoyeon didn’t respond, she followed her gaze and found that her friend is looking at the pictures of that girl at the park.

 

Her eyebrow arched up as she turned to her friend who is now looking at her with wide eyes.

 

“Why do you have her picture?!” Hyoyeon stared at her - eyes wide like Taeyeon has done something so amazing but forbidden at the same time.

 

Taeyeon blinks, she wasn’t sure why her friend is acting so weird. It wasn’t the first time that she took photos of strangers - let alone a very pretty girl.

 

She has been a freelance cinematographer for the past few years and the hobby that she loves the most is to candidly photograph people. ‘It’s just magical when you take photos of people who have no idea that you’re doing it .’, she often argues when she refused to take pictures again while the subjects are fully aware of the camera.

 

“Yoona. Im Yoona.” Hyoyeon said who seemed to have already calmed down from her outburst earlier.

 

“Who?” Taeyeon asked her, frowning as she looked back at the picture on her laptop. Her job requires her to travel around the world - to take great and magnificent videos of places and different kinds of people, so she wasn’t sure if her friend is referring to someone she knows, an old friend maybe, or a famous person she should have known of.

 

A loud cry was then heard at her apartment when Hyoyeon pinched both her cheeks and smiled innocently at her afterwards. She held her cheeks and stared at her friend - eyes watery and lips pouting. She looks so adorable that her friend took a quick photo of her and uploaded it right away on SNS.

 

“You seriously don’t know who she is? Im Yoona. This country’s most loved actress. She is so popular here and in China! And oh my God, Taengoo! You just took a photo of her!”

 

Taeyeon frowned as her friend continued gushing on the photos she took of the girl named Im Yoona. Since she was seldom in the country, she doesn’t know much about celebrities as she also doesn’t watch tv. The last time she had been interested in a celebrity was five years ago, when she was not yet travelling and still enduring a 9-5 job in a multi-media company.

 

“She looks very pretty, Taengoo! I’m not sure if it was her being really pretty or you being the usual great photographer.” Hyoyeon snickered at her as she sulked on her seat.

 

“But.. is she crying? Why is she crying?”

 

That same exact question has been lingering on her mind for the past few days.  She doesn’t understand why a pretty girl would silently cry like that and upon learning that she is a celebrity, she thought that the girl should be all smiles.

 

‘Im Yoona..’ her eyes traced the facial features of the girl and Taeyeon briefly wondered how the girl would look like if she was smiling instead.

 

‘You must be so much prettier.’

 



 

Since that night when Hyoyeon found the photos of Yoona on her laptop, her friend has been giving her information about the actress - from the girl’s birthdate to her most recent drama that was still airing every Mondays and Tuesdays. Their chatroom was also filled with Yoona’s pictures that she grabbed from the internet and Taeyeon confirms that she was indeed a lot prettier when smiling.

 

“You should watch her drama, Taengoo! It’s ending next week but I have a copy from episode 1 saved on my laptop. I’m sure you’ll love her!”

 

She chuckled as she read her friend’s last message before sending her a good night sticker to end their conversation.

 

‘It’s funny.’, she thought as she could not believe that the random stranger that she photographed turned out to be a celebrity - a very attractive and pretty celebrity.

 


 

Her one month vacation in the country will be over in a few days and she decided to go to the mall to meet her old friends, taking her precious camera with her. She agreed to have a small get together at a restaurant in the mall that Hyoyeon suggested and becomes very excited when she received a confirmation that all her old friends are coming.

 

Taeyeon arrives at the mall an hour earlier and noticed a lot of people, mostly teenagers, are rushing towards the mall’s activity center. She has been to this open mall several times but she could not remember the last time it was this full of people.

 

She smiled and decided to take candid photos of them. Unconsciously, she had followed this group of people and found herself staring at the huge screen on the stage.

 

‘That’s her!’ She scanned the stage and her breath hitched at the sight of the girl smiling and greeting the people who cheered so loud that Taeyeon got startled and remembered to release the breath she didn’t realize she was holding.

 

She couldn’t find the right words to describe how beautiful this girl is. She was so different from when she saw her at the park a few days ago. This girl on the stage right now is so breathtakingly beautiful that she couldn’t help but wonder again what made her cry on that fateful afternoon.

 

‘Perfect.’, she thought as she took photos of her smiling, greeting her fans, and hugging them. She went a little more closer to the stage to take a more close up photo of her but her world seemed to stop when she caught her staring straight into her camera.

 

“.” was the last word she remembered uttering when the girl smiled so sweetly at her - marking the very first day that Kim Taeyeon decided to be Im Yoona’s fan.