then you kissed me and suddenly i don't care any more

kiss me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

01

Sana’s always been clumsy and she blames her mother for that trait. So despite taking extra pre-cautions to watch where she’s walking Sana falls, hard, right on top of Dahyun during practice. The younger girl winces in pain, arms still wrapped tightly around Sana as everyone rushes around to check on them. “Are you ok?” Sana asks, climbing off Dahyun who bore the brunt of fall.

“I’m fine,” Dahyun grimaces as Sana tries to help her to her feet.

“The group’s going to fall apart before we even debut,” Nayeon inspects Dahyun closely, checking on the damage that was done. “You’re not bleeding which is good.”

“I’ll take Dahyun out for some fresh air and water,” Sana immediately suggests and tugs on Dahyun’s hand. The other girl is happy to follow, if only for just a small break from their rigorous training routine they’ve all been put through since the end of their survival show.

Sana takes her to the water cooler down the hallway and tells her to take a seat as she grabs some water for her. Sana takes a closer look at Dahyun as she hands her the cup of water. “You’re really ok?”

“What are you going to do if I’m not? I mean my head hurts just a bit…” Dahyun teases and regrets it immediately when she sees Sana’s eyes widen and her lips curve into a pout. “I’m just kidding!” she waves her hand in front of her face, “I’m fine, I just really needed an excuse for fresh air.”

Sana breathes a sigh of relief and leans back into her seat, “Sorry,” she says regardless.

“Aye, now you’re making me feel bad, unnie, I’m really ok. Next time if you hurt me you can just kiss it better.”

Sana raises an eyebrow as Dahyun suppresses a cheeky grin, the younger girl is about to say something – something about how it was a joke and that Sana shouldn’t take her so seriously – when Sana cuts her short, cups her cheek and kisses her forehead.

“W-what was that about?” Dahyun stammers, holding her forehead.

“I think you’re sick in the head, I was trying to kiss it better,” Sana grins.

“Unnie!” Dahyun pouts, whines and stomps the floor a few times in protest. Sana laughs, her voice echoing down the hallway.

“If you’re good enough to be laughing so loudly, you can join us again for practice!” It was Nayeon, shouting from the practice room.

Sana covers and looks at Dahyun – both with mischievous looks on their faces from being caught. Sana stands up and offers her hand out to Dahyun who happily takes it.

 

02

It should be noted that it always starts off as a game but ends up something more. At least that’s what Dahyun’s friends have told her.

Sana grips onto her shoulders, looks her right in the eyes and smirks, “Don’t worry just trust me,” she says, her voice low and steady. Sana inches in slowly, closing the distance between them. Dahyun’s eyes follow hers slowly as she tilts her head sideways, staring at her lips and wishing she’d move faster.

As Sana gets closer Dahyun notes the scent of flowers – her perfume – and how warm her breath felt on her face. Dahyun can’t help but squeeze her eyes shut. She holds her breath but nothing really comes of it. A slight graze of the lips, her warm breath and cold air as Sana pulls away.

Dahyun hears a bunch of jeers as she opens her eyes to Sana holding the smallest piece of biscuit in her hand that Jeongyeon is measuring.

Jungyeon grimaces, “Sana and Dahyun win with 1 centimeter.”

Sana leaps into the air and jumps into Dahyun’s arms except now Dahyun’s learnt to brace herself for Sana’s abruptness. It doesn’t come as a surprise anymore and better yet Dahyun knows how to steady herself when Sana begins to rest her body weight on Dahyun. She pulls away quickly and rushes to pick up their prize, a tray of meat.

“Did you two practice this or something?” Jeongyeon shouts over the sound of everyone’s protest.

Dahyun wants to protest but Sana beats her to it, “No, Dahyun and I just have good chemistry.”

“You should just kiss for real then.” Jeongyeon rolls her eyes much to Sana’s delight.

“Are you jealous?” Sana leans in towards Jungyeon who immediately recoils at their proximity.

Off to the side, Dahyun watches quietly, still reeling from Sana’s proximity herself. “I hope that wasn’t your first kiss, Kim Dahyun,” Nayeon slides up to her and Dahyun feels her cheeks burn bright red.

“T-that w-was h-h-hardly a kiss our lips just grazed slightly.” Dahyun touches her lips.

“Mmmhmm...” Nayeon nudges her slightly and Dahyun curls up from embarrassment.

 

03

Sana lands in Incheon airport a week after she left for Japan. She slips past the sea of people and prays that no one notices that it’s her. It’ll only take the slightest whisper before the sea turns into a tsunami racing towards her.

“Hey little squirrel,” Sana perks up when she hears the familiar nickname and peers through her mask to see her manager waving to her, ushering for her to run to the car. With a sprint Sana drags her luggage and hops into the passenger seat of the car. “Welcome back kiddo, how was your trip home?”

She nods her head excitedly and pulls off her face mask, flashing him a wide grin. “I brought lots of gifts for everyone and snacks.”

“Did you…”

“Buy your favourite chocolate? Yes!” Sana fishes it from her back and shakes it in front of him.

“You’re a good kid Minatozaki Sana.”

“How are the members?”

“Some of them are back at the dorm, they said they wanted to wait for you but your flight was landing at three in the morning so I think they’ve probably gone to bed.”

“I guess they should get as much sleep as they could before we start promotions again.”

The drive home is quiet after that with the exception of the radio that played ballads which made Sana sleepier. She dozes off, opening her eyes once in a while when the car jostles from the bump road. “We’re here.” Sana feels a soft tap on her shoulder and opens her eyes slowly.

“Home?” Sana asks, half asleep still and her manager nods.

She climbs out of the car, as he carries her luggage in. The dorm is dark and Sana’s not surprised but she knows the layout of the house well enough to navigate it in the dark. She makes it to her room first, fingers tracing the wall. The members are all in deep slumber and she can tell because Nayeon’s hair is all sprawled out all over her bed, limbs hanging off the edge and shirt slightly lifted revealing her stomach. She’s different from when she’s usually awake. Sana would argue that a sleeping Nayeon is probably nicer.

She takes a glance at her phone as it ticks over another minute and heads down the hallway to the room at the furthest corner. She knocks slightly before letting herself in. She was greeted by the warm glow of the bedside lamp that illuminated the room. Sana notes the empty beds in the room. Tzuyu wasn’t due back from Taiwan till tomorrow night and Chaeyoung was probably still at home with her family.

Dahyun was sleeping quietly in her bed, her hands still holding onto her book. Sana takes the book from her hand and closes it, placing it on her bedside table next to the empty mug. She lifts up the blanket and slips in carefully but it does little for Dahyun who stirs in her sleep. “Unnie,” she gasps, eyes opening widely to find Sana hovering slightly over her, long hair creating a curtain behind her. “You’re home…” Dahyun’s voice trails off as she shuffles sideways for Sana to fit. “When did you get home?”

“Five minutes ago?” Sana says, “I thought you said you were going to wait for me to sleep,” she says jokingly, looking over at Dahyun whose eyes were shut.

“I did,” Dahyun replies, eyes still closed shut, “At least I tried to…” Dahyun pats her chest looking for her book as she explains, “I read a book, made myself some tea and tried to watch some videos… I don’t know when I fell asleep.”

Sana breaks out into the widest grin as she runs her finger through Dahyun’s hair, “It’s alright, I know you tried…” Sana says, looking at the teabags in the cup and the earphones knotted up on the side of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter