Finale.

A pair of lovers

Why must I become goody goody little goody

Trying to please everybody

And I am not escaping

Only trapped under the shelter I have learnt to be


A daughter with a dream, she was sitting down and eyes glued on the ground. As if she had done an enormous sin even God would not forgive her no matter how much she repented. The nagging from a woman in her late forties, she called mother, mom or any names society put to label a person who delivered lives from their wombs with difficulties, seemed to make tears flowed on her cheeks soon landed on the cold floor. Her mother was glaring way too much that she could feel her skin burnt from the intense look.

“I told you to never go there anymore.” She did not look up to even see her mother in the eyes.

“Why cannot you understand such simple instructions?” The tone increased rapidly, soon she realized to wake up on the floor with new wounds, a few spots covered with pure blood and the last thing she heard before her world turned black was, “You’re an ungrateful daughter I hope I never raised.”

Back then, she was just a kid with dresses and she loved going out to play at the meadow. She liked to run around and let her parents had a hard time to chase after her. Truthfully, attention was what she loved the most. Having two lovely persons in the world to focus on her presence and existence made her felt much more loved. They would always come back with candies and cookies for her, giving her the last kiss at the night before leaving her room and they would always accompany her everywhere she went because they were afraid they would lose her.

Yet, that was the time she wore dresses.

Within visible scars on her skin, dripping blood seemed to follow every of her steps whenever she walked, more likely crawling to her room made she wore jeans, trousers. Dresses in the closet, most of them were burned mercilessly by the mother, and she could only save one; the last memory she had with her father. Never a savior in her life, he was just a beautiful memory she selfishly wanted to have, to hold on tight in her grip because she had no one else either them in her entire life. She turned the knob, lifelessly crawling towards the bed covered with flowery print as the cover, and her energy was drained from what had happened that she let herself fell asleep on the cold floor accompanied by the blood of her own, no goodnight kiss from the lady she used to love with all of her heart.

Meadow, the place covered with bloomy flowers and she lied down, looking straight up to the skies, missing the warmth of the loved ones and her feelings reached to its peak, crying was the solution to let go of everything. Her mother did not want her to go back reminiscing the past with a reason, “You are going to hurt yourself, only.” She was the one who hurting, not her daughter.

Her dream disappeared when she slowly opened her eyes with blurry vision she saw a shadow came towards her. She was too weak, a pair of strong arms lifted her body and put her gently on the bed, making sure the blanket covered her body comfortably before the fingers was running through her hair, a few times, and her eyes gradually closed within the soft touches she missed. An unexpected kiss on her forehead, and she went back to dreamland after the person said, “Goodnight.”


 

I am too young indeed

Too immature I guess

To admit the reality I have been living

 


She walked inside the music room, her comfort zone, to run away from any students who wanted nothing but to see her in miserable state. Every single one was running away from her as the news she set her house on fire out of rage made the society labeled her, the cursed girl, and no matter how much she explained to them that was not her fault, they would not hear her and she gave up trying to make them understand.

Running into the woods, she found a family with a son, and they gladly accepted her into their lives. The mother felt like a mother, the father felt like a savior and the son felt like a sibling she never had before.

She remembered waking up with sore muscles, letting the cold water ran down on her scars and she winched at every droplet. She missed her mother, not anyone else’s. Yes she may not be the best but she was her mother. Now she was gone because of her.

“Do you know why there is only our family in the woods?” The lady sipped her tea elegantly, and she nodded.

She was curious, too, but never bother to ask, anyway. “We are not normal, yes, freaks with powers. For your information, your father was a legend, highly respected and all of us would die in order for him to stay alive. Yet, let’s say he did nothing but to only experience love, and falling in love. We never blamed him, we always hoped for him to come back and build the powerful empire once again.” The woman looked at her with a gentle smile, and they heard her son came running towards them, hugged his mother and kissing her cheeks several times, “They accepted me!”

“That’s good news, Yoongi!”

He looked at her, and grinned, “I am going to work hard and take a good care of you, Amanda.”

The notes of piano brought her back to the present, he was playing a song she had no idea what the song was. “You do know what I can do to them if they talk crap about you, right?” The song stopped and he turned around to face her, he looked rather pretty for a guy with foul mouth, she smiled, nodding. Yoongi sighed heavily; crossing his legs, “Then, at least tell me to do something to them. Maybe, like killing them softly filled with cruelty or pushing them from the rooftop –“

“No, I am fine, Yoongi.” She was amused by his determination to be the best for her, to let her feel at her best every time and she was really grateful and thankful for that, always. “I can read your mind, so don’t bother to lie, you idiot.”

Okay, Mr. Mind Reader, can you give me a hug?

He chuckled, arose from his seat and walked towards her, wrapping his arms around her body, towering her and making her felt safe, “Thank you.”

“Are you sure you don’t want me to even kick them hard until they fly or-“

“Yoongi!”

She discovered she really had them, powers. One of the best, received from good genes of her father, “You’re one of the Personality Forces. Basically, you can reflect and develop any kind of powers inside you if you are trained excellently and to tell you the truth, there is none of them anymore except two of you.” She was confused; at first she cannot digest any of what Yoongi’s mother explained to her until one day, she finally saw her powers, to heal wounds.

“What do you mean by two of us?”

“Park Chanyeol and I need your help to convey him just like how I conveyed you.”

A senior with a great influence, three years older than her and he was walking right into the music room. Yoongi vanished in the thin air, winked at her with a good luck and she hissed at him. “Amanda, what are you doing here?” Chanyeol spoke up when they met eyes, her golden eyes came through inside him to see what powers he had had in his hands, exactly like her, burning flames inside his heart just like her. “I-I am t-trying t-to learn h-how to p-play the guitar.” She stuttered, as she never thought she would meet someone so exactly like her, being so different from the world yet he had them, the similarity she thought no one would ever have.

He chuckled lightly, making her heart skipped a few beats, and he went to the guitar, took them and slightly waving, calling him to come and sit beside him. “If you don’t mind, I can teach you.” His smiles were like how the sun shines every day and never fail to stay still, never letting the moon comes up to greet the world anymore.

“Why?”

Smiling softly, gently her hair, “For you actually receive the treatment you are not supposed to experience in this life of yours.”

The whole population, she thought, they hated her to the point there was no use, they would not accept her in their society yet Chanyeol proved her wrong when he was the only one who accepted her and her mistakes willingly. Her eyes never left his, for a moment there, she really thought, she was falling in love with the right guy.


 

For I am a lady

For I am going to be tainted by unknown powers

Is that what you afraid of actually?

 


“Let me get this straight and as clear as crystal, he is my brother, and all this while you wanted me to find him because we are siblings?”

The woman nodded, smiling bright, “Is not good news that you have another person to rely on?”

“Yes, it is really good.” Her fist clenched tight, and without realizing, her fingers were ing hard into her palm skin. Her thoughts were clouded with bad intentions, and Yoongi came to her side, hugging her tight. “Where are your manners, Yoongi? I am having a discussion with Amanda right now.” His mother’s voice drowned deep somewhere both of them did not know for what important for him at that moment was her, Amanda’s feelings.

Please, bring me out of here.

Yes, my love.

Fogged, her heart seemed to shatter even more when memories of her childhood came across her mind like some video which cannot be stopped. “So, that was the reason they fought, divorced.” She chuckled, blood colored his shirt as she snuggled in his chest, trying to find a space to make sure she was protected, fully. “They were happy, Yoongi-ah. We were a beautiful family, and I never wanted anything else back then. I was just happy with them as my parents. At some point, I saw them like parallel lines I tried to draw on a piece of paper when I was a kid. They were still there, because of me, as a reason for them to be together and lived in a home sweet home even they were uncomfortable with each other’s presence.” She looked up to see him, eyes to eyes. The corner of her lips curved upwards and soon, tears were falling also the curves seemed to vanish until Yoongi did want his heart asked him to do.

He leaned closer to her, lifting her chin with his thumbs, “Open your eyes, my love.”

Her eyes which covered with tears were opened slightly, getting a glimpse of her guardian’s gentle smile before she heard; “Forgive me for this.”

He was kissing her, his arms strongly supported her waist and she almost felt finally loved again. He treated her like she was a fragile glasses made by pure fire, burning flames inside her seemed to cool down and she closed her eyes, kissing him back. Her hands naturally wrapped around his neck, and he passionately wanted to devour the feeling of her soft lips, savored them and she gladly giving him the permission to do that.

The news of Chanyeol was her big brother.

The fact that her father cheated with Chanyeol’s mother and put her mother in a prison called stupidly in love.

The fact that she loved her brother; they all vanished within only a kiss from Min Yoongi.

Pulling away, breathlessly smiling at each other, he was looking at her swollen lips and he, out of blue, felt like he had the purpose of his life. She was looking down, her cheeks flushed in embarrassment and Yoongi gently pinched her cheeks, making she looked up just to see him smiling so brightly. Never had she seen such a huge smile like what Yoongi did right now since they were friends for years. “I have been dreaming to hold you from the moment I laid my eyes on you. From the moment you were a little girl who ran into the forest to find a shelter, your hair was a mess yet in my eyes you were pretty like there were some unknown lights gathered around you and the lights came to touch my heart. I did not deny I have feelings for you, for me to admit and hold a person who deserves better than a guy with devastating past, I knew back then, you needed more than that.” He was running his fingers through her hair, them and she felt the gentleness in every of his touch.

“What do you mean?”

“Strength to face and accept your reality and love, you needed them. You, sometimes, too pre-occupied that you ignored to acknowledge the fact that your parents are not here anymore. You avoided questions about them, you –“

“I was –“ protecting myself.

“Yes, you were protecting yourself but until when are you going to do that, you are growing up, Amanda. Me too, and to realize something like that, I cannot do anything much than to make myself a guardian for you. For that I can always be there for you, protect you without anyone to question why I am doing them, because I love you and you know what, seeing you happy is what makes me even happier. But, seeing you with him, with Chanyeol –“

She kissed him, making him fell into deep silence. She pulled away, smiling, “From now on, let me be a guardian for you too.” He was too shocked that she had to peck his lips once again to bring him back to real life.

“You are too cute, Yoongi-ah.”

“W-What?” He looked lost and she found him even more lovable and – hers.

 



 

I found both of you

A pair of lovers was walking under the heavy rain

With smiles, laughter plastered on their faces

They were beyond happy

They had their fingers intertwined

The droplets of rain were kissing every of their exposed skin

They needed no umbrella, raincoats

To protect and embrace them

As they were in each other’s arms

Holding tight, creating unforgettable memories under the heavy rain.