Smile

Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It's the smile.

 

I looked towards the screen. A short one dimpled eye smile. It's beautiful, the eye's closing and the toothy grin. Her dimple gives the sight of innocence and beauty.

 

I love it.

 

Dimples are beautiful deformities.

 

Her grin shows her happiness. I feel happy when I see it. Normally unhappy. I see it and the warmth fills up. Her nose sometimes scrunches up and I feel a rush of electricity when I see it. She always tells me “I want you to smile more.” I try to but I never do it.

 

The screen is the only way I can see the beautiful smile.

 

We are miles apart from each other. The screen glows, her smile makes it brighter. She always smiles when she sees me. I feel like she's a light in the dark sorrows. I want to see it for myself.

 

It takes long hours to finally see her.

 

Can't we just meet?

 

She always asks me this question. I always refuse. Why? Because I would always feel very insecure compared to her. Her face was much more pretty. I looked much more ugly compared to her. I want to see the smile for real.

 

She keeps on smiling at me and it melts me.

 

The glasses.

 

When she wears glasses I feel happy. The glasses do cover up her eyes. The beautiful chocolate brown. She wears glasses and always has her plush dog with her. I ask her “Why do you always have the dog plushie out?”

 

She always replies with “It always remind me of you.”

 

The glasses were always low on the bridge of her nose.

 

Blushing.

 

When I flirt with her she always has to blush. When she messes up in the language she's not as fluent in she blushes. When she says the wrong formality. When I told her to drop the formalities, she always uses them.

 

But,

 

When she calls me Unnie I feel my stomach flip. When she calls me dear, I feel like rushing to her house and hugging her. When she tries to be flirtatious I laugh and blush. When she smiles… it makes me feel something else.

 

A mistake makes her smile even more beautiful.

 

The confession.

 

When she did confess to me. It was through a conversation on Skype. She looked at me with her puppy eyes. And then she said the three words.

 

“I love you.”

 

I didn't know how to react at the time. I was flustered and looking at the screen.

 

“You love me?”

 

“Yes I do.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Well, because I love you.”

 

“That's not a good answer.”

 

“Well, I can't explain it. It's a feeling I just know. And I don't have a reason why. It's just that I love you.”

 

“Is it because you get jealous when I posted something with my friend?”

 

Her face flushed

 

“No. Uh, maybe.”

 

I giggled.

 

“You're too cute. I love you too idiot.”

 

She smiled back at me and I felt even more loved.

 

Cute, 귀엽다.

 

Her body language says it all. When she is talking about something she loves her eyes br

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter