Fateful Meeting

You're Not In Love With Me

.

 

 

 

Wonshik felt a tug at his ankle.

It was his red string, tugging him from an opposite direction. His eyes followed the string, leading him to the other end of his string, connected to another's ankle. And that lead him up to a long body, wrapped in black torn denim, in a comfy cream colored sweater. When he reached the other's face he was struck by their cold yet gentle features. Hair as dark as night, eyes like a feline's, lips as pink as cherry blossom petals and skin so fair he glowed in the sun.

They caught each other's gaze and Wonshik's heart skipped a beat.

He couldn't believe it. I've found my soulmate, Wonshik thought.

Ever since his early teens Wonshik had this special power where he could see the red strings that ties and connects two people who are destined to be together, aka soulmates. This power was very rare and it's genetic. As Wonshik's great-grandmother had the power too.

However, it's been said this power may be a curse, or a blessing, depending on the individual.

As for Wonshik, he didn't try to mind it much, he just wondered who his destined person could be. How would they meet, when, where, how?

So now, here he was sitting in a cafe, working on his laptop, with is headphones on, like any other other day. And there's this tall beautiful male standing in from of him.

Admitedly, Wonshik wasn't expecting his destined one to be a male. Althought, he's had some interest in the same- before, he just never took the initiative. But if this is fate, then there must be a reason. He wants to know this person and take the first step.


But before he did so the other bent down to pick up a pen and slowly walked towards Wonshik, offering it to him?

"Is this yours?" Voice soft and delicate.

Wonshik blinked for a second, he wasn't expecting a voice like that coming from the tall boy, which he realized was about the same heigth as himself, as he stood up. "Yes. Thanks."

He reached out to take the pen and there fingers brushed. Wonshik may have done it on purpose, or not, who knows.

The other flinched away, as though he was zapped. "You're welcome," he said, head down, quickly turning away, ready to leave.

WAIT! Wonshik's brain was shouting.

Then as if by fate. A waitress came along and crashed into the other, spilling coffee all over his sweater, it was iced thankfully.

Wonshik watched the other let out a cute little "Ah" arms up in the air, looking down at the mess on himself.

The waitress apologized over and over again, bowing her head off, not knowing what to do as she hugged the serving tray to her chest.

Wonshik looked around to see how to help, and his eyes landed on the consession area then rushed over to grab a bunch of napkins.

"Here," Wonshik presented a gaint wad of recyclable cafe napkins at the distressed male.

They made eye contact. And it felt like time just stopped for a good minute or two. Cue pink flower petals flying in the background. Or nah. It was just a akward pause.

"No, thank you. I'm fine." The other turned away again, trying to leave hurrily like before.

Wonshik was about to open his mouth to say something or anything to make the other stay. Then he felt a hand on his shoulder. And just realized the waitress was gone and replaced by someone else.

"Hi, I'm Jaehwan, the assistant manager of this establishment." The intruder smiled toothily. "We are so sorry for this accident. Here's a shirt you can change into, complimentary from our gift shop," he directed his arms towards a corner of the cafe, still smiling too hard to be normal, "also available in tank top form if you prefer. "


"Thanks, but I re..."

"Hurry, hurry. Before you catch a cold." Jaehwan pushed the soaked male along into the cafe's restroom with the shirt.

"Jaehwan, what are you doing?" Wonshik finally asked, when he was alone with his friend.

"Yo, helping you out, man. I saw the way you were looking at him." Jaehwan gave him a nod and a smirk.

Wonshik adjusted his fashion round rimmed glasses. "It's not what you think."

"Hey, no judgement." Jaehwan waved his hands like flippers for some reason. "He has that cold, mysterious but cute vibe going on. I get it. I'm cheering for you." Patting the other on the shoulder.

Wonshik shook his head with an exasperated low chuckle.

The said cold-mysterious-but-cute one walked out with the cafe's logo shirt on and his own stained sweater in his hand.

Jaehwan quickly snatched the garment away. "As an apology, we'll be taking care of your dry cleaning bill," said with that oddly bright smile again.

"You don't have to." The other tried to grab for his sweater.

"We insist." Jaehwan passed the sweater to the waitress from before who bowed in sorrow again in the corner. "We just need your contact." Still had that creepy grin on his face.

The other sighed. Guessing Jaehwan wasn't gonna let him go otherwise, he gave him his namecard.

"Okay, Jung-sshi, we'll have your dry cleaning done within 48 hours, give or take a couple hours. We'll call you when it's ready. Again our apologies, and have a good day, sir." Jaehwan bowed along with that same waitress next to him.

Wonshik was watching this whole thing of course from a distance. And as his "soulmate" takes his leave at the entrance Wonshik said a soft, bye.

He got a hesitant nod as a response, before the other turned away and finally left.

Wonshik facepalmed himself. "That was so awkward."

"If this was a drama, the audience might have cringed." Jaehwan said.

"Not helping." He pinched the skin between his brows.

The cafe assistant manager smirked. "Here's Taekwoon's namecard."

Wonshik took the card as Jaehwan shuffled out with a wink and pointing finger pistols at him.

"Jung Taekwoon... Writer." What else should I know about you? Wonshik wondered.

 

 

 

.